Author Topic: Archived CVS Builds thread  (Read 38064 times)

Offline redmenace

Which will be resolved in 3.6.8 Hopefully.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by redmenace
Which will be resolved in 3.6.8 Hopefully.

3.7 at the earliest, maybe 3.8 if it takes me forever to complete all of the new code.  The new code is a complete, from the ground up, rewrite.

Offline redmenace

NM, those were not built right. Rebuilding...Done!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 05:04:48 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Media VPs and the official SCP release are both up to 3.6.6.  3.6.7 is the next official build, which will be the result of the current code freeze.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline eiszo

I use the 3.6.6 VP's and the last build from Redmenace but entering the menu of the game(meaning the great shiphall) it clearly says 3.6.5 build. I am wondering, maybe I am doing something wrong or I am overseeing something.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The figure it gives you in the mainhall is based on the exe build, not the media VPs you're using.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by High Max
9/17 works good and no longer has that annoying afterburner error. Also, people talk about 3.6.7 like it is already out, but that can't be because there was no thread created in "The Source Code Project" forum that was titled "3.6.7 released" and the latest media vps that I know of are 3.6.5.
Look before you post.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35266.0.html

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
The latest mediaVPs are 3.6.6; the upcoming ones are still in development. Since I did release 3.6.6 despite the lack of a build, I figure it'd be better to take my time and fix the bugs that are being reported, and try to keep bugs out of the 3.6.7 mVPs.
-C

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 9/20/05

Some Important Comments:
  • This is a Open AL Build only. Since we are moving toward Open AL, we will be releasing primarily Open AL builds only.
  • You might need this if your sound card drivers don't support Open AL.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 09:06:18 am by 887 »
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Does this include Taylor's engine glow fix?

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline redmenace

maybe, you would need taylor to answe that.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Depends on exactly when redmenace updated his CVS but I'd say yes, the engine glow fix should be there.  Also a slight OpenGL font rendering speedup is in now as well, if you like/use OpenGL that is.

Offline redmenace

It was done around 4am IIRC
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
It's there and it works.  Helps if I actually update the build that the launcher is pointing to :rolleyes:

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 9/21/05

Some Important Comments:
  • There is an reintroduction of an old feature. Select "enable flash upon warp" to activate a warp feature where there is a flash of light as a warp hole closes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 02:41:27 am by 887 »
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline eiszo

There is aproblem for me with the 9/21 build. In the mission: slaying Ravana, the bomber only can choose from hornets and tempest rockets( no lock on feature).

So there is no way to finisch this mission. I will report this later to mantis. Anyone else with this problem?

I'm using 3.6.7, 3.6.6 mv files and build 21/09
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:04:10 pm by 3017 »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by redmenace
Updated!
CVS as of 9/21/05

Some Important Comments:
  • There is an reintroduction of an old feature. Select "enable flash upon warp" to activate a warp feature where there is a flash of light as a warp hole closes.
[/B]

Is that ship-specific set?  (in Fred or tbls?)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by eiszo
There is aproblem for me with the 9/21 build. In the mission: slaying Ravana, the bomber only can choose from hornets and tempest rockets( no lock on feature).

So there is no way to finisch this mission. I will report this later to mantis. Anyone else with this problem?

I'm using 3.6.7, 3.6.6 mv files and build 21/09
Does this happen in any earlier builds?

What VP files are you using?

Have you tried replaying the campaign with a new pilot? (just use cheats to skip through the first few levels)
Originally posted by aldo_14
Is that ship-specific set?  (in Fred or tbls?)
Command-line.

Offline eiszo

The point is, I started 3.6.7 in combination withe 21/09. So there are 2 tings different. In the former setup I didn't have this problem( 3.6.5 and 19/09)

The VP files are the 3.6.6 onse from the open Source website. Plus several upgrades like the 3D shockwave , high poly orion) These gave me no problems before.

This is the first time, after using many builds, that i have troubles when using OpenGL.

I have not tried an other pilot. I will try later on.

Offline redmenace

use the command line -allslev to unlock the campaign missions so you can just select the mission to test.
              -Frederic Bastiat