Author Topic: Classic campaigns: Awakenings / Destiny of Peace  (Read 16788 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: RELEASE: Destiny of Peace goes SCP!
Thanks big time dude
Though i'm a little depressed that all the missions need to be remade.
But it's all good they work in user campaigns
Anyway yeah i have yet to play dop, i mainly saw those nice screenshots there that utilized the environmental abilities of the SCP so perfectly by actually having something for the ships to reflect off their shiny hulls.
Sounds all good though so far. :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, once you or anyone else plays the campaign. :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Oh don't worry, i really hope to play it for sure knowing that the port is official SCP now along with DOP.
The port will be extremely amazing with the 3.6.8's (3.6.7's were amazing too), especially the new asteroids (if i remember sandwich did those).
All the nice hi-poly missiles with lighting now, much better lasers for capships.
And especially the fs1 dvd textures, which i found out from goobs other post i never got to see them because of how that one vp was named and how i must rename it.
Anyway, it should be really exciting to play any part of the port with the significant upgrade.
Especially the nebula which i will shutup about now.
Officially now DOP should be the best looking campaign with the good nebulas that compliment specular and other lighting in use.
Until i download...
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Quote from: Admiral Nelson
That stuff drives me nuts!

Likewise.

Quote from: Admiral Nelson
It's no good to have all spiffed up missions, but bad grammar and spelling....

Agreed.

To an extent.

Somehow, the "good morning pilots" adage -- without the comma -- seems so ... so ... 'Freespace Community'. Somehow.

That said, I guess the same care should be taken when addressing the voice acting. It makes zero sense to painstakingly correct grammer and speling, if the accompanying voice files are dung. (Plus; no voice = no play.)

- Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Admiral Nelson

S-99, it is worth noting that Blaise Rusel's version of Derelict also makes use of Lightspeed's nebulae, so you will want to try that.  You may want to wish to wait a bit for the fully voice acted version to come out, though.  I'll have Awakenings done soon, also with Lightspeed's nebulae.

Selectah, I didn;t touch the bad grammar when it is voiced -- I'm still not sure what that first pilot is supposed to be saying.... :)   I thought I'd collect feedback on the campaign so far before seeing if there was any community interest in voice acting the command briefings.  There are only 7 missions, so it wouldn't take TOO long....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:02:03 pm by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Nuclear1

Great campaign, jogged some good memories. I still have issues with that last mission being so massive, and with the new SCP effects, it seems to slow down even more for me. Once the cruisers are gone, it's fine though.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
Re: Classic campaigns: Awakenings / Destiny of Peace
hi,
i dont like fileplanet, so is there any other mirror for awakenings available?

if dont a other mirror there, can anybody be so nice and can me send the campaine file to my email-addy, plz :).
thanks.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline bfobar

Hi, I have some destiny of peace feedback.

Great campaign, good voice acting, good plot. Lots of fun.

1 bad point: The mission Dopc4, the goals are set weird and do not seem to satisfy as true after the mission is done. I cracked it open in FRED and looked at the events and goals, and noticed that one goal contains the dreaded not-is-ship-destroyed SEXP tied to a primary goal, meaning it will be marked false on jump out since it will be incomplete when the mission ends and prevents advancing. I skipped to the next mission and didn't fix it because frankly I don't trust my fredding well enough to post to the public yet.

2nd bad point: In the next mission with the blow up the bad ECM transport in the asteroid field thingy, The bad ship got creamed by an asteroid before I got anywhere near it. All my buddies auto jumped out leaving me with a small armada to fight alone if I wanted to complete the bonus objective of kill all bad guys. Making a less agressive or spunky asteroid field may be a good tweak here.

If someone is going to take a look at these and touch them up for the next release, I hope they find this helpful.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Classic campaigns: Awakenings / Destiny of Pea
I never experienced either of those problems in the original FS1 version.  Could something have gotten tweaked during the conversion process, perhaps?

Offline Admiral Nelson

Ill check mision 4 again.  I may have put an interim file in the build.  The asteroid field problem has been there since it was converted; it prompted me to open a thread on Asteroid Busting over in Source COde project.  I intended to use the change WMCoolman made there to mitigate the issue.

I am travelling on business now; I'll have a look when I get back.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Back in the FS1 days, I remember playng that mission and managing to destroy all hostiles, including the GTD Trinity.  I used phoenixes on the Trinity's turrets until she couldn't protect herself from incoming asteroids, then BOOM!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline bfobar

Awakenings is a good campaign. There's a few missions that don't explicitly have the "you can go now" message at the end, but it was very playable. I can't wait to see what you guys do with the backrounds.

Offline Admiral Nelson

I've got a backgrounded and nameplated Awakenings already that isn't quite done yet -- I wanted to restore the FS1 music and fix those departure issues. I have also cleaned up the waypoints done delay issues with cap ships.  Right now I'm stuck traveling, though and haven;t any access to FS.... :(