Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 148467 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Good to hear. I probably won't be able to play for a while though, at least not for the next two weekends.

Offline watsisname

At 9pm tonight I'm going to try a co-op game with some folks, so anyone who wants to join is welcome.  We will also be using AIM's mike-speak feature to communicate, and it should be awesome. :D

If all goes well, we can try this out in our next games.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Okay, so I thought it was just my laptop that was screwed up, but I think there's a bug with the latest version. For some reason, when I try to play single player, nothing happens. When I try to create a multiplayer game, it cannot find any maps to choose. When I try to join a multiplayer game, it says "you do not have the required map to play, unable to join net game." Yet, my MISSIONS folder has all the missions needed in it. I thought it was just my laptop, so I'm now on my desktop and I'm facing the exact same problem. I fired up an older version of d2x-xl, 1.6.3 or so, and I'm able to play single player, or create a multiplayer game, and it detects all the maps just fine.

:sigh:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ulala

Update: A fresh install (deleted all files, reinstalled all files) of all of d2, d2x-xl, etc took care of this bug. I was able to get in with watisname and a couple others yesterday, but ran into the "invisible" glitch. I could only see one other player, the other two supposedly left the game (according to my d2), but they hadn't in reality. Then it wouldn't take too long before the whole game crashed altogether.  :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline watsisname

As far as I know the 'invisibility' bug is coming from other player's internet connections being a bit screwy, so that shouldn't be anything to worry about on your end.  As for the eventual crashing, I'm not so sure.  I had that happen before back in versions 1.5.something, I think, but that went away with the later ones.  Maybe just double check the settings/files, or hopefully a later release will end that issue.  Whatever the case, I hope it get's resolved soon. :)

I had meant to host Saturday night but I was called in to work until late.  I'm *hoping* to be able to host Sunday night for a little bit if anyone else is free.  Otherwise we can try again another night.

Offline watsisname

Bump: 

I'm not sure if any of you know about this, but I found I cool tracker that updates a list of D3 games being hosted on it, and there's almost always a game being played.  http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3
Thought it might be a fun alternative for some of you guys. :)

Offline AusRED5

Bump: 

I'm not sure if any of you know about this, but I found I cool tracker that updates a list of D3 games being hosted on it, and there's almost always a game being played.  http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3
Thought it might be a fun alternative for some of you guys. :)

And there is Vortex as well. ;)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I might finally get some time this weekend, although probably only for one night. Those D3 trackers look like they would be very useful.

Offline watsisname

It'd be great to get another game going again.  I'm pretty sure I'll have a few hours free Sunday night, so if that is good for anyone then please let me know. :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, I should have at least a little bit of time tonight. :)

Offline watsisname

Ugh, sorry for the late post.  HLP was down earlier and I couldn't wait much longer for it to come up. 
Anyways, I'm starting up d2 in a couple mins so if you're still around, please feel free to join. :)
Edit2:  That's all for tonight.  Maybe we'll have better luck next weekend.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:00:06 am by watsisname »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I checked a few times earlier but couldn't see your game. I'm not going to have any time tonight either. I have some stupid project for a class and didn't get as far with it as I wanted to earlier today, so I need to work on it now. Sorry about that. :(

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Between school, family, cross-examination debate, and friends, I am finding that finding time for gaming is nearly impossible :-(

I'm sure I'm not the only one... what we should do is establish a time so that we can tweak our schedules.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
From the looks of it, I'm not going to have time to play on a regular basis until around December 20, when my semester ends. Although I have about 40 days off at that point. :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
My semester ended a few days ago and I have a lot more time now. If you guys are available, it would be nice to get some games going with this again. :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Definitely... anyone up for one late today / early tomorrow?

Offline Ulala

I'm pretty tied up until after Christmas. I miss semi-sub-official hlp super happy d2 multiplayer action, that's for sure.  :sigh: :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I guess most people are going be tied up with Christmas at the moment. Let's wait a day or two and see if watisname comes around.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
*Clears throught*
So... what y'all think?

Offline Ulala

I'm stuck with only intermittent internet until after Dec. 28. I'm housesitting for a friend who doesn't have internet.  :blah:
I am a revolutionary.