Author Topic: Port and Silent Threat: Reborn FAQ  (Read 139961 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Port and Silent Threat: Reborn FAQ
SSLBeams. The port also used to have its own version of the SSL, called the LuciferBeam. It looked quite cool but I like the SSLBeams better. And that's Sesquipedalian.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Also, the LuciferBeams were ridiculously overpowered.  They didn't match the original Shivan Super Lasers at all.  I was pleasantly surprised, however, to find that Sesquipedalian's SSLBeams were a perfect match. :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They were "Carefully crafted and balanced to reproduce the Shivan Super Laser in true beam format."

The LuciferBeams were exactly the same as the LRed except for the looks, right?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I don't know how the LuciferBeams were set up, TBH.  Galemp would know.  I don't care to make a beam table comparison, however. :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Greetings. I havent posted on this board due to the complete explosion of n00bs asking for help (thinks of JAD2 "I dunt no wot 2 do")

But can someone upload the Shah extensions? I want them but I cant be bothered to download the entire package. Thanks.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Invisible asteroids? Look here for the solution.
Based on the number of threads on this subject, someone suggested to me to post this.

If you don't see any asteroids in the appropriate FSPort missions (such as mission 2, The Field of Battle, or mission 6, Paving the Way), and you're running FSO version 3.6.9, you need to enable the -jpgtga flag in the Launcher.  Version 3.6.10 will have this flag enabled by default, so this problem should not be a problem after the next SCP release.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Invisible asteroids? Look here for the solution.
I thought that 3.6.10 just converted all of the textures to .dds?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That has nothing to do with the asteroid problem.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I remember that other thread about this.......I knew it had something to do with Textures. :lol:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
It does, actually. Because if there are no jpg/tga textures, there is no reason for -jpgtga.

Hi I am using vista and that doesn't support 2d rendering. I have managed to get the asteriods to show on the main freespace game but cannot on this. I think i have a corrupted launcher. Any idea as to how i can get them working.

PS. there is no jpeg option in the launcher so i can't turn them on.

Thx mat

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
If it is the launcher go re-download it.

The asteroids are 3D.

I tried downloading it agian but it did not help... and its still not working. Any idea as to what i can do to ge it working?

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Are you sure you are using the launcher.exe and not the Freespace2.exe? If you are, go to the features tab and under graphics you should find the "enable jpgtga" checkbox. Make sure this is checked. If you can'r find it on the launcher, which version of the launcher and which build of SCP are you using?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Shade

Post-3.6.9, jpg and tga textures are enabled by default, so if you're running such a version that's why it's not showing up.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Yeah i am using the 3_6_9 and i am running the launcher. The jpeg check box is just not showing up. I had a similar problem with freespace 2 though i fixed that through downloading an older launcher, which was suggested to me. Is this the reason it is not working?

manual flags: insert -jpgtga...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

Like I said before you may have an outdated launcher. If this doesn't work get launcher 5.5c.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/ <- Look for Launcher55c.rar (use WinRAR or www.7-zip.org to extract it to your FS2 directory and overwrite the old one).

No really sry here but i still cannot get them. I am no tech specy so, i just downloaded said launcher and extracted it as you said. But again i've got no tick boxes ect that i can tick. The easy setup scroll down list is empty. The list type scroll down box is empty too. I have no idea what/if i can use the custom flag bit to fix it but i've left that blank. Someone mentioned i could get it to do manuel flags: could someone guild me through this plz.

Oh and something else not sure if this is important but when i quit the game i ge an error message saying unable to read flags. Does this have anything to do with it?

Thx,