Author Topic: noob with crash issues using 3.3a  (Read 2114 times)

noob with crash issues using 3.3a
   Everytime I play the game it crashes during mission one. The game plays fine untill approximately one minute after the combat with the minbari fighters starts.  I have 3.3a installed and I have tried the various builds with the same results. I am currently attempting to use build (fs2_open_Red_2005-12-22-P4_r.exe) as mentioned in a previous thread by TrivialPsychic. I noticed that some people talk about extracting and editing the table files. How do I gow about doing this?  Anyone have any sugestions? By the way...the only campaign I have tried is the Earth Minbari War. is this an issue with the campaign or with mys settings?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:57:26 pm by KnightOfSorrow »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: noob with crash issues using 3.3a
does it crash regularly at the same time index or event inside the mission? and if yes when?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Sometimes i seem to get further than others. I'll try a few times and time the incident from the time the fighters show up.

Ok... here is what I have so far. I have tried various other missions and have noticed the same problem. It appears to occure when there is a major explosion. I am new to free space open and i have noticed the same problem with the regular free space open. I am playing TBP as a standalone as directed in the install. As a matter of fact I completely removed free space open and reinstalled TBP. I have updated my video card and I am still having the same problem. I lowered the graphics to 640 by 480 and I am still having the same problem. Please help I was realy looking foward to the babylon project and I am very impressed by what I have seen so far.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
please give me/us the specs of your graphics card and the graphic mode you are running (Direct 3D vs. OpenGL?)

*pleae forgive one sentence answers but I'm totally tired after my exhausting weekend*
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
If the game starts and runs fine for a while, it could be the fso build.  Try using a new fs2open build eg - 23rd march .  you can get it from here - http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/March2006/

You dont need to lower your settings to 640x480.  It should run fine at 1024x768 even with older graphics cards.:)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

I'm using a P-4 with an Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics card. and I'm running in Drect 3d mode, i tried open gl to see if that helped. but the screen was full of fragments and it crashed in under 10 seconds during the first mission.

Offline CaptJosh

Problem number one: You're using that Intel graphics adaptor. You should get an nVidia card instead. Even an ATi. Intel cards aren't known for having good OpenGL support, if any.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
What does the errorlog.txt (in your TBP folder) say ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea