Author Topic: UPCOMING mini-CAMPAIGN: Leviathan Slayers  (Read 3704 times)

Offline mr.WHO

UPCOMING mini-CAMPAIGN: Leviathan Slayers
Features:
-large capital ships battle
-large fighter battle
-large beas to slain
-everything packed into small and cute mini campaing
- 4-6 missions, 1 or more ingame cutscene

Relase date:  - best scenario - two weeks starting from today
                      -worst scenario - before summer/ end of may.

Screenshots:

Offline mr.WHO

Re: UPCOMING mini-CAMPAIGN: Leviathan Slayers
...and yes, you see 29 Drakh cruiser charging at you during this mission, other 5 (from all 34 based on this mothership) were destroyed in previous missions :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 02:34:16 pm by mr.WHO »

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Hehe, there sure is a lot of stuff to blow up ;)

I'm looking forward to this, it's always nice to see a fan putting FRED to good use :yes:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
this looks awesome!  :yes:  :cool:
you are the first one to fully use a ws in battle as player controlable... now let's see what's coming..

/EDIT
please enlist your campaign here...
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,20956.525.html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:29:06 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

looks very cool so far, but i wonder why the drakh motherships has holes where the hangars have to be?

Offline mr.WHO

looks very cool so far, but i wonder why the drakh motherships has holes where the hangars have to be?

It must be becauce of LOD (when ship is far away game delete some details to reduce lag), not my fault.

oh, my bad then, i forgot to attach the hangars in lower LODs then. i will correct this for 3.4, i wonder why this have not been detected earlier :)

Offline mr.WHO

BTW how I can create a long message text in the middle of HUD (I mean this one with big blue letters that was used in Derelict campaign as TV/Radio news in one of missions where you was on deep space patrol) ??

Offline 0rph3u5

BTW how I can create a long message text in the middle of HUD (I mean this one with big blue letters that was used in Derelict campaign as TV/Radio news in one of missions where you was on deep space patrol) ??

those are training messages... they can be created by using the "training-msg"-sexp which can be found in the catagory training...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline mr.WHO

ohh, thanks... but this make another problem. During cutscene I have to swith off the HUD or change view to the camera that have no HUD, this means that those training messages won't be displayed :(

Any way to bypass it ? I tried to use subtitles SEXP but it have a limit of letters per message while those training msg don't.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 11:14:13 am by mr.WHO »

Offline 0rph3u5

yeah the camera sexp are pretty... stupid...
I don't know how to get that into except by bypassing the whole stuff... (saving the player's coords in variables, moving the playership around, returning it to coords saved in variables)

==================

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Are you using hud-disable-except-messages instead of hud-disable?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
i wonder why this have not been detected earlier :)

Possibly everyone has the detail turned so high they only see LOD0.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
no HUD, this means that those training messages won't be displayed :( Any way to bypass it ?

Nope.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
So the aim of this campaign seems to be to throw as many ships into a mission as is possible without breaking the game engine. I like that idea. Do you think a player will be able to have any influence over such a huge battle though?

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Flying a whitestar, probably yes. But does it really matter ? I like flying through huge fleet engagements, blowing up random stuff, while the big ships duke it out amongst themselves.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline mr.WHO

So the aim of this campaign seems to be to throw as many ships into a mission as is possible without breaking the game engine. I like that idea. Do you think a player will be able to have any influence over such a huge battle though?

Not really, I'm able to put few more ships without crashing it, I rather focus at large battles than max battles.
For now I'm trying to make it less random (it's hard when you have this number of stuff).

Are you using hud-disable-except-messages instead of hud-disable?

It would work if I  look from my fighter, but when I use set-camera position and facing (I need it for more than one scene per cutscene) I found that camera don't have any HUD, so this means now HUD writings.

Does anyone have Shrouding the light campaign installed? If yes then could you take a look for FRED cut scene  construction (especially cutscene writings) ?

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
The best option for you to display some text while in camera mode is using the subtitle sexp.  Use paint, photoshop etc and type out your script, save it as a pcx or tga file then insert it with the subtitle sexp at the desired time.  You will have to play around with the co-ordinates so that it will appear exactly where you want it to. :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.