Author Topic: Freespace Film :)  (Read 26844 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umm great story. Can u make that into a campaign!

Besides some inconsistencies mentioned by ShivanSpS its great. I love it..!*drooling over the keyboard*

2nd post! I stand corected about the things above. *Still drooling no matter what*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 02:50:03 am by AlphaOne »
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Well, that's really awesome, kickass in fact. Wasn't bosch a pilot in the great war though? You could put him in more of as a character as a fighter pilot, if bosch was a fighter pilot in the great war (if i remember correctly). Another thing that i remembered sort of sucks for fighters, that they can only truly go to orions or typhons if they want to use a node. That still leaves only one mode of transportation for fighters that want to go through a node, which is the nearest destroyer. You could get away with a type of carrier addon for a triton freighter, but those didn't exist yet the freighter that is. You'll have to change the idea of getting the fighters through the node probably only by them finding a destroyer from either species. Or make a new kind of ship, but, i would go against that idea for reasons of keeping things the way they are, and it'd make things more complicated. Maybe you could actually replace the fenris with an orion, and then have a scene where people start manning turrets on the partially re-armed orion inside the node to shoot down shivan fighters.
As far as everything else goes, yeah i can see how they would still be using angel scouts in some backwater systems for recon still let alone anywhere else(it's cheaper). Athena prototypes is doable to, you know they've been designing that bomber for a while.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline ShivanSpS

The whole post give me some ideas for my campaing for the Ross 128 event, but just a little parts, i already have the idea of my campaing, the only i need is time to finish him (ehrm, 20 missions maybe, much more if you count that for complete one of my mission you need to play thoght 2 or 3 files, only the first mission have 4 parts).

P.D: Someone noticed that there are 2 Hercs and a Medusa in the control screen of the Riviera station? (in FS1 intro movie)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:37:52 am by ShivanSpS »

I think you should stick to existing cap ships rather then made up ones for the time period. But personally I still think the original FS1 campaign would be best, atleast in my opinion because making a whole new story wouldnt entirely have the connection to the game. Personally I think being able to totally relate the story line from the campaign to a movie would be be pretty cool, given that you cut out the boring stuff like the first few missions.  Having battles like the one with the tarantis, pluto, Mcarthy, and a few hol missions and the the last 2 missions would be cool from the FS1 Campaign EXPECUALLY having a battle in subspace... OMG that would be badass. Dont get me wrong though, your movie idea would make a really good campaign.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 01:15:11 pm by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Umm great story. Can u make that into a campaign!
Sorry.  I'm 100% comitted to TBP, but even it I wasn't I'd still be more focused on another campaign.  I'd had plans for a campaign dealing with GTI and the Shivans, indicating how first contact actually occured.  Its actually the first of 3 campaigns covering a variety of time periods, but its my favorite of the set.  Anyway, events in the campaign, called "GTI: Untold Sorties" would be incompatible with those of the TV Miniseries plot I outlined.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
He is sticking to the original fs1 story anyway. The shivans didn't initially show up in ross128. They showed up somewhere else, and the apollo pilot was running away from them, suggesting a previous engagement with the shivans. The story line would work fine. And, just go ahead with the jump thing for the fighters, if anyone recalls missions from fs1 or 2, yeah fighters do that. This is why explanations on why is awesome :D
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline andystephens

• Spielberg he's not
Hi guys thanks for all your comments and to black wolf your negative remarks have been noted but have not put me off the idea! and a big thankyou to trivial psychic for your great ideas!

Please keep the ideas coming

Andy      :)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Hm, sounds interesting. If you need help, I'd like to pitch in a page or two :)

So you got the rights where?
For great justice.

Offline Zantor

• Zantor Zenodex
    • My LiveJournal: A Zenodexan's Log
Because of the number of missions in Freespace 1 & 2, I think it would do better as a series with hour-long episodes :)

I would definetly watch it :D
I agree. This is a totally awesome idea. :)
"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." --Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency... the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property, until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." --Thomas Jefferson

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Hm, sounds interesting. If you need help, I'd like to pitch in a page or two :)

PM me if you need help as well. Although im not as good a script writer as UT is, I really dont mind helping with all of this at all. :)

Btw, Trivial Psychic: that is just plain awesome :D
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Forget a TV show remaking fs1 or fs2.

It would be great if they tracked down those who worked on the freespace series and took the storyline from them and make the show based on what they were going to do in FS3.

Hell, The very start of the show can be the last battle in fs2.
With the leading pilots/characters barly making it to the jump node, If that wouldn't suck in people to the show nothing would.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm glad everyone is enjoying my synopsis, but then again, I'm not the one proposing to make this kind of thing, so I don't want to either detract from his plans or attention.  Anyway, there was something else I was thinking about, something that draws on similar events from the game.  There would need to be a point where one or more of the pilots, fly a special-ops mission in captured Shivan craft.  It wouldn't be the same mission as Alpha 1's in "Playing Judas", but if only one pilot is sent out, it could be in fact the same fighter used.  If on the other hand such an incident involves say a wing of captured fighters, it could be preceeded by a capture mission, similar to "Enter the Dragon".  Another Shivan repair depot is found (the briefing for "Enter the Dragon" did state that there was more than one) and the wing is captured in an inactive state (un-piloted and just sitting there either for repair or awaing pilots) as part of the attack.  The special-ops mission involving the captured ships, could include the captured transport seen in the FS1 cutscene.  The Azreal is loaded down with high-yeild explosives and sent in to dock with a Demon class, then detonated when it enters the fighterbay.  Perhaps the explosion is just enough to disable the Demon and prevent it from launching fighters, while the Bastion and a cruiser wing are sent in to attack it directly.  The players must cover bombers sent in to perform sergical strikes on the Demon's heavy weapons, while trying to avoid a little friendly fire from overzealous squad-mates.  The Demon then ups the ante and calls in cruiser and bomber support of its own, while the pilots... well, you get the idea.  It would also be a nice touch to refur to the events of "Playing Judas", before the attack on the Eva.  References to a pilot from the Galatea flying a captured Shivan fighter, discovered the presence of the Lucifer and other vessels.

Another thought that came to mind while I was typing this, would be a thread involving the Vasudans resuced from Ross 128.  A few could have been assigned as fighter-cover for transports fleeing Vasuda while the Shivans attack.  Shivan fighters manage to disable one of the pilots' fighters before being destroyed.  The transport manages to stop-off and pick up the pilot, before contining on to their original destination... a science station in Antares.  The same science station which later comes under Shivan attack, and the escape pod crash-lands on the world that once belonged to the Ancients.  The pilot would be there to witness the finding of the crucial data for eventual Lucifer interception.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Awesome read, Trivial. Kept me drawn in, and it really draws all of its context from FS, as it should, but keeps it separate enough for it to be its own story, parallel to the original.

I just wonder, Andy, how do propose to get any of this done?

Offline andystephens

• Spielberg he's not
Well, I have some contacts in the film industry, and I have been writing scripts for about 12 years. I know that it is possible to do this, and I am working all manner of hours to be done soon.

I appreciate everyones help, and I do hope that people will support me 100 percent.

Thanks

Andy

Offline Apathy

[commenting on dark wolfs rant]
yeah, its pretty obvious Freespace wouldn't be feasible for a professional TV series, CGI and small fanbase would mean not enough income. What it would need to be is a really really good movie based (I say BASED, not cloned) on Freespace 1 story and universe. It would need to be developed, contain plenty of interesting sci fi goodies to snatch the Star Trek fanbase. Character would need to be invented and developed. I want people to feel the fear when the shivans appear, and I want the movie to contain hardly any of the scenes from the game, knowing what would happen ever time would be boring! After all, this shouldn't be like the Doom movie, I don't want First Person sections except maybe for a second for if someone gets shot in the face (or something dramatic). Also I assume your not planning to have a movie completely in space with dialogue through transmissions :P

Another thing concerning keeping to the game, I think leaving the games could be benifical, like making destroyers having waaaaaaaay more turrets (I've always thought it was bazzar), including flak and other interesting arms (I know its FS2 but really I doubt there is going to be a sequel so lets put it in). Make laser run out of ammo if its more dramatic.

Anyone seen Serenity? :yes:

@andy: Just checking, you've played Freespace right? or were you just looking for a SciFi to base a script on? lol sry if you have, you just seem to be asking alot of questions. ;)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, Well, I hope it goes well for you :) It's a very ambitious idea, you have to be aware of that, and remain aware of it, but if you can keep your enthusiasm up, then the very best of luck :)

[commenting on dark wolfs rant]
I don't want First Person sections except maybe for a second for if someone gets shot in the face (or something dramatic)

i thought the FPS part was awesome in my opinion, It would be cool to have such a scene. ::)

Offline Apathy

hm, it was "interesting"...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmph.  The character the FS movies would be based on would be the great, un-stopable Alpha 1!!  The good guys never die, right?  Okay, sometimes they do...*cough*FS2alternateending*cough*