Author Topic: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta  (Read 191780 times)

Offline bloated

Re: DUDE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta
mine are working but I haven't updated in a while, I think I installed them manually.

Offline miskat

Re: DUDE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta
Well... any way how to replicate the manual install p-rocess, Bloated?  =D  I'm sure I'm missing script, textures, and godonly know what else... but, hey, if you can do it, so can I...right?  XD

Offline Munuxi

Re: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta
Hi, people! I´m a new member, but I´ve been lurking around here for a while.

I´ve got a problem with the Zeta vps. I downloaded the texture vp file and tried to extract it, but WinRar would not let me saying that the "file is either damaged or of an unknown format".

I tried to download it again, but now the link did not work.

Could someone help me? I´m eager to see the improvements they make in my own screen.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
wait. You tried to open a .vp with WinRAR?

Or did you try do open the .zip?

Warpcore appears to be down, which sucks. I don't know of any other place to get it.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Munuxi

No, I opened the zip with WinRar, then tried to extract it but failed.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
@ Munuxi :-

:welcome:

{Insert favourite welcome speech here}

This is becoming Wobble's Welcome Wagon recently, people are certainly less friendly than when I joined.  ::) :lol:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's not to do with friendliness and more to do with the fact that the beam has become about people trying to compete to see who can beam a newbie first and trot out the (now boring) welcome speech instead of actually being about welcoming people the forum.

The friendliest thing we can do for new people is answer the question they register to ask :p

That definitely sounds like a corrupt download to me. Hang on a sec. I know DW Hunter has a different link.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

If its corrupt I will upload it to my site and fix the links in the installer. However i doubt its the VP, you are probably having problems with long downloads. It happens to many people durring long downloads through http. Try redownloading it via direct download. One sec i will provide a link.

Here is the link.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:05:55 am by [DW]-Hunter »

I'm using WMCoolmon's build C01142007b. Are these VPs the correct set to use ?
Also, do I have to use those mv-710 patches, and if yes, where do they go ? In the same folder as the other .vps ?
Thxs,
N_D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
These are the right files (until 3.6.9 Official come out) you do need the patches and everything should go in Freespace2\Mediavps

Then you go to the launcher and choose mediavps on the mod tab.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Munuxi

It's not to do with friendliness and more to do with the fact that the beam has become about people trying to compete to see who can beam a newbie first and trot out the (now boring) welcome speech instead of actually being about welcoming people the forum.

The friendliest thing we can do for new people is answer the question they register to ask :p

That definitely sounds like a corrupt download to me. Hang on a sec. I know DW Hunter has a different link.

Before I registered, I stumbled upon the beam welcoming message a couple of times. ; )

Thanks for the assitance people. Files are now working as they should.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
I don't know how this keeps happening..

I've tried to download the 710 VP's off the first page in this thread multiple times,
every time I end up with a extracted folder that is empty. The folder size shows as correct -
but there are no files in the extracted folder.

I'm using ExtractNow and downloading via IE, FireFox 2, and Star Downloader.
None of which have produced a file. 

I'll probably get a copy elseware - but might want to check your rar's just in case.

Edit -

The rar error was due to ExtractNow - use recent build of WinRar and they work fine.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 01:40:50 am by JGZinv »
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

hey long time fs2 player...first time i have downloaded this.....anyways....the game works and all but i cant get my joystick to bind keys....it wont read it in game..it worked on my old freespace 2 but not this one...windows sees it but not the game. i set it to read int he launcher and still nothing...tired every option in the launcher to...any ideas...its a logitech wingman interceptor..its a little old but it should still work.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
hey long time fs2 player...first time i have downloaded this.....anyways....the game works and all but i cant get my joystick to bind keys....it wont read it in game..it worked on my old freespace 2 but not this one...windows sees it but not the game. i set it to read int he launcher and still nothing...tired every option in the launcher to...any ideas...its a logitech wingman interceptor..its a little old but it should still work.
:welcome:

I like your name.

Anyways, what did you do on the joystick tab in the launcher?
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

hey...i actually figured it out...for some reason had to set it as preferred device in the windows options....dunno why i had to do that but it worked..now im playing where i left off in campaign oh so long ago. ..and thanx...old high school nick name.

Offline neoterran

you've got a lot of fun ahead of you man... be sure to go play freespace 1 port for SCP, and then Derelict, and maybe a bunch more !
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

With some of the terrain models, like the herc 1 and herc 2  the eyepoints need to be modified in the cockpit mode with -show ship as they are off center.  With the next version of the media vps will all ships  with glass cockpits have properly aligned eyepoints?

Also some of the ships have a target hud blocking peoples view as they aren't transparent and im told to make them transparent caused ill effects.  Herra Tohtori made the point that these arent necessary as it is assumed that the hud is in the pilots helmet. Will these huds be removed in future releases?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:46:33 am by Darklord42 »

HTL Zeus has a cockpit texture with transparent HUD screen, if that's what you mean by "black thing".

In theory, it should be compatible with all previous cockpits... And it kinda is, too. The problem is that none of the pre-Zeus cockpits have HUD screens that are designed to be transparent, so the transparency causes very annoying effects on any of the old fighters. Mainly so that when you look through the HUD, it is transparent all right - but so is your ship behind it. In the bottom of the screen you actually see through your ship's nose, and it's kinda annoying. I suspect that it's because some vertices/polys in the HUD screen criss-cross each other or are too close or have inverted normals or something like that, I dunno.

All the HUD screens should be either fixed to be similar with the ones in HTL Zeus or alternatively be moved away altogether, if the cockpit view is wanted to be widely usable/used.

The problem wouldn't be too bad if it considered only cockpit view, but if any ship with cockpit uses the same texture with HTL Zeus cockpit, the HUD and the ship behind it becomes transparent also from the outside... Which is kinda wrong and evil, you're not supposed to have holes in your spaceship (and much less your body...)

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
dang....got any mirrors hosting these?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
dang....got any mirrors hosting these?

WHY?