Author Topic: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta  (Read 191776 times)

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
Re: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta
filters these days block files hosted here for "games"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Well, then, try downloading them somewhere where a filter isn't a problem. ;)

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
the only unblocked download site is hades-combine. can anyone host mv-effects there? its the only one i need to get fred to stop colplaining about "could not find (insert filehere)"

Offline mnftg64

Is the stuff here --->http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?list.5 (SCP's webpage downloads... Lightspeed's upgrades) all in this 3.6.8 Zeta pack?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Oh, while I'm at it, just a little something that seemed to need finishing off...

Shines for the Triton with fixed Alpha Maps so you don't get that shiny effect when the EMapping is turned on.

http://www.aqsx85.dsl.pipex.com/TritonShines.zip

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
All been sorted actually Flip. :)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,41374.msg917697.html#msg917697

While you're there, grab the 2.0 versions of the other models - they're a bit better looking, should have fewer bugs and are more efficient.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL I was browsing through the forums looking for stuff like that before starting it too (not that it was really more than a spacefiller, it was more about getting rid of the 'polished' look than anything else). Thanks for that.

By the way, considering how many incredible HTL models you've made, I find myself wondering why you are still title-less.....

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
lol; I did have the title of 'Member' long after that system had been dropped, so that sorta counts. :D

Incidentally, I think the fix had actually been made about 3 times by various people even before I posted the 2.0 updates. ;)
Thanks all the same though. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
holy cow, and i thought they were supposed to stay like they are in the mediavp's.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Errm, they're flying mirrors in the MVPs. That's a bug. :p

And hey cool, my "Member" title is back. I feel more complete already. :D
Twisted Infinities

Offline ShivanSpS

I know his may have little use because the 3.6.9. VPs are cabout to get out, but i have assembled a adveffects file, which the mp-170 adveffect.vp data and removing the super high end shockwaves... there are a lot of people (like me), who can play which the adveffects data, but the shockwaves create insane slowdowns...

http://files.filefront.com/mv_adveffectszip/;7548396;/fileinfo.html

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
suddenly i cant extract the  VP. files?
i use winrar/winzip?
the problem is that in the middle of the extraction its says  **** like that the file is damaged!?
did 1 of you also encounterd this?
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
i use winrar/winzip?
the problem is that in the middle of the extraction its says  **** like that the file is damaged!?

You need to use VPView to extract VP's I don't believe WinRar or WinZip will work on these type of files?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 09:25:15 am by Wobble73 »
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
i use winrar/winzip?

You need to use VPView to extract VP's I don't believe WinRar or WinZip will wotk on these type of files?
i know!
but i  mean if i want to extract  like  effects.vp  to the fs 2 folder than i get that error : the file is damaged etc
and i cant derectly extract it to the vpview
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline Ravage

• Just happy to be here.
I know his may have little use because the 3.6.9. VPs are cabout to get out, but i have assembled a adveffects file, which the mp-170 adveffect.vp data and removing the super high end shockwaves... there are a lot of people (like me), who can play which the adveffects data, but the shockwaves create insane slowdowns...

http://files.filefront.com/mv_adveffectszip/;7548396;/fileinfo.html

Actually, thank you very much ShivanSPS!  It's a quite handy thing to have a ready to go adveffects pack (w/o the crazy shockwaves) considering almost no one uses the high end shocks anyway.  I had been playing around with it earlier and couldn't get it to work.  I look forward to giving this a go tonight.

Thank you!

PS-Just to clarify, you've intergrated the mp710 adveffects patch into this vp file, right?  So the mp710 adveffects vp is not necessary when used in conjunction with this one, right?

EDIT - Works like a charm!  Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:13:53 pm by Ravage »
Fame is proof that people are gullible.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I THINK I got 3.6.8. Zeta vp's but I dont' recall the Fiery nebula in it..
In fact, I just checked and the G labeled nebulas don't appear in FREd (they are listed in the stars.tbl but apparently I don't have them either in my effects folder or in a VP)???

Is that nebula in the VP's or not?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Shade

The nebulae found in the mediavps (in adveffects) are simply upgraded versions of the stock nebulae. "High-res nebulae {Lightspeed}" refers to those, not to the new set of amazingly beautiful nebulae that are also made by him.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Where then, can I find the new beautifull nebulas?

I D/L ed the latest file from lightspeeds site but the fiery nebulas aren't in it!

Offline Shade

Someone posted a VP that packed all of them along with a .tbm to make them work some time ago. Try searching for "ls_neb.vp" and that should get you the DL link, assuming the site is still up. If it's not, let me know and I'll post it up somewhere for you to download. Oh, and to be certain, I just checked the .vp and it does include the fiery set.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Ya, found them...now get my Typhon in those VP's :D