Author Topic: And I thought only WE had FS topics that last over a year...  (Read 10442 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: And I thought only WE had FS topics that last over a year...
I'm flaming them for being idiots, not for flaming each other :p  :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I see out own VA is posting there and clearing some misconceptions ;)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
There is the occasinal person who knows what they're talking about, though.

@flipside: if that was "fs2_va", that was probly one of the only people who knew what he was talking about, though. (except for a couple Halo people, I have no clue about anything halo pretty much)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Who said any of us were going to go over there and flame them?
I believe no one did.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Quote from: godsboy at gamespot
And nuclear bombs need oxygen and atoms in order to function properly where can you find atoms and oxygen in space?
****ing young ass dumbass

wow.. yes a nuclear interaction needs oxygen for combustion  :lol:

what an idiot
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Prehaps he was trying to say that an atmosphere is required for a devestating explosion.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Well, he's still wrong, since FS weapons are by and large not proximity detonated.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline neoterran

I believe no one did.

Do you guys want to go over there and flame them ? Sounds like a plan!

Great suggestion, S-99.   :headz:
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Someone ought to go over there and just post that headz smiley. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Hey, my point was that you can explode a ton of things in space. I mean, saying that you can't detonate a nuclear device in space is like saying you can't blow up c4 in space. We're not talking about lighting a fuse with a match. We're talking about creating an explosive release of energy not combustion. I'm pretty sure a nuclear blast doesn't need combustion as your detonating a far superior explosive material than black powder which does require combustion. As far as fuse and match goes, there's blast caps that work with electricity and so on in todays age. My other point is that the kid is stupid for saying where in space are you going to find atoms. I take it GODSBOY(flame him) doesn't even know what an atom is, and he probably just turned 11.
The other **** that's funny on page 7 of their topic is that they say that a projectile moving at the speed of light would be like a really fast needle through paper. True...depending on the size of the projectile. I know certainly if you got shot in the nuts with a 9mm they'd have a chance at them still being there as opposed to more than just desackage(a term for "only the nuts are left behind") when shot with a 50cal. in the nuts.
But on the other hand, i really do want to flame those bastards.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 03:21:37 am by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
S-99, I hardly ever read your posts, it seems like all of them are at least 300 - 400 words long.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
That post is 239 words long  :p

Go read it.

Hey, my point was that you can explode a ton of things in space. I mean, saying that you can't detonate a nuclear device in space is like saying you can't blow up c4 in space. We're not talking about lighting a fuse with a match. We're talking about creating an explosive release of energy not combustion. I'm pretty sure a nuclear blast doesn't need combustion as your detonating a far superior explosive material than black powder which does require combustion. As far as fuse and match goes, there's blast caps that work with electricity and so on in todays age. My other point is that the kid is stupid for saying where in space are you going to find atoms. I take it GODSBOY(flame him) doesn't even know what an atom is, and he probably just turned 11.
The other **** that's funny on page 7 of their topic is that they say that a projectile moving at the speed of light would be like a really fast needle through paper. True...depending on the size of the projectile. I know certainly if you got shot in the nuts with a 9mm they'd have a chance at them still being there as opposed to more than just desackage(a term for "only the nuts are left behind") when shot with a 50cal. in the nuts.

But on the other hand, i really do want to flame those bastards.

Good self restraint

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Simplified,

These guys are f*ckt*rds, LEts flame them.

One of them said there were in the region of 85>98 Sathanii around Capella IIRC also.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Roanoke

I got bored around page 8/9

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I believe no one did.

You're 100% correct. No one said that.
Except Neoterran..... :rolleyes:

And that is totally not the stance that we should take on things like that. Else we look like those WC trolls who had that vendetta against us here for ages.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Pardon the intrusion, but the reason for me posting this was most definitely NOT for people to go over there and flame them. So don't so it. It's stupid and childish (as is any sort of flaming, but that's besides the point), and I will not tolerate HLPeople going around making asses of themselves.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nuclear1

Sandwich is 100% right. Let them carry on with whatever they want to; it's much more fun to laugh at them from the safety of our own HLP then registering on a new board to argue for FS2 in an entirely pointless argument involving the comparison of two totally separate universes.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
and I will not tolerate HLPeople going around making asses of themselves.

So we have to stay here and make asses of ourselves? :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
It's what I do every day

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I need to insert [sarcasm] tags in future, Excuse the analogy, but reading through their twaddle posts, I kinda felt like an enlightened being looking down on ants, Kinda how Thor looks at O'neil......
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png