Author Topic: Insane difficulty  (Read 8769 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Uhm,seems fire-beam at will.Destroying the turret isn't enough.
Then,order you squadmates to attack the Cato and move where the Hawkwood will jump in.Your wingmen destroy the Cato,then you have opportunity to destroy at least one turret on the Hawkwood.Seems strange but try it! ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Eck, it just got weirder. I played it once more and the Cato fired around 15 beams at once, and destroyed everything. Am I doing something wrong? :wtf:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Eck, it just got weirder. I played it once more and the Cato fired around 15 beams at once, and destroyed everything. Am I doing something wrong? :wtf:

It's definitely a bug.V would never put something like this!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I think it'd be a great  :v: practical joke if it were one. Sort of like how we play the game way too much and how when you get all of the medals and the highest rank that it tells you to go read a book.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Now I remember...In my mod I had a Njolnir firing two OrbDefGreens at once(a special beam I've created to represent the orbital Defenses of a planet,max range 24000 meters).It happened because I put both fire-beam and "beams active by default".
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I wouldn't touch that fat chick down the street with my 24000m beam ;)
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Stop boasting, You'll make the Flakkers jealous............. :nervous:

Insane is easy [whisper] if you cheat[/whipser]
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
What do you do?  Extract the missions, and change them in FRED to make your shive invulnerable?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
GAWD :jaw: An unenlightened soul.........

*use google for Freespace cheats*

For legal reasons i dont condone Cheating on Freespace 2 but it helps :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Freespace Freak

heh, it's so easy to modify the game it's almost easier than just using a cheat code.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Njolnir

Mjolnir. tyvm :)

its impossible to beat the full campagin on insane.

That satement is in fact 100% wrong. in FS2 it is ungodly harder, but FS1 was actually relatively simple (though i did break 2 joysticks in the month it took).

And for the record, it was with a new pilot specifically to track kill, and therefore no cheats could be used :p (and i didnt modify the missions or game either).
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Crazy mother****er :)

SMBFD

Offline Freespace Freak

Njolnir

Mjolnir. tyvm :)

its impossible to beat the full campagin on insane.

That satement is in fact 100% wrong. in FS2 it is ungodly harder, but FS1 was actually relatively simple (though i did break 2 joysticks in the month it took).

And for the record, it was with a new pilot specifically to track kill, and therefore no cheats could be used :p (and i didnt modify the missions or game either).

Yes, I noticed this.  While FS1 is beatable on Insane, FS2 insane seems completely impossible.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I tried playing FS2 on insane and I got up to the mission 'Lion at the Door'

FFreak, have you given up on the FreeSpace Overhaul campaign? You haven't mailed me in a while...?

Offline Freespace Freak

I tried playing FS2 on insane and I got up to the mission 'Lion at the Door'

FFreak, have you given up on the FreeSpace Overhaul campaign? You haven't mailed me in a while...?

No I haven't, I'm just really, really busy.  I'm active duty in the Coast Guard, a more than a full time job, plus I'm taking 14 credits including Calc III, Physics II, C/C++ Programming for Engineers, and a humanities course.  As you can imagine, I'm pretty swamped for time.  Plus, I built my fence last weekend.  I broke down on Wednesday and played a little, but I haven't had time to work on it at all hardcore.  I really just have some ideas on how to tighten up the Clash of the Titans mission, and that will be it for FS1, then I will work Silent Threat, then the new campaign itself.  I really don't think I'll have much time to work on it until Thanksgiving break, then winter break.  So, it'll be slow, but I'll hit you up when I'm ready to work on the campaign, I promise!  :)

If you want, you can work on Silent Threat and I'll tell you my ideas on how to renovate the final mission.

Offline ShivanSpS

LOL!, its Imposible to pass some mission on hard or Insane...

Like "The Kings Gambit"... most of then Bombering missions...

But I always play the mission to beat the Sathanas on Insane to get more points :P

"Slaying the Ravana" is also posible on Insane... just Run to the rear of the Sobek and wait until the Sobek clear all enemy fighters, then go back and finish the Ravana :P, all wingmen will be dead for sure, its hard to survive the way to the Sobek :P

Offline Freespace Freak

Which one's King's Gambit?

I did all of what you did during those missions, as well.  The Sobek is your friend.   :nod:

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Kings Gambit is the mission where you fly a bomber and destroy NTF warships jumping in through the node

The Wiki is your friend, just by the by

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I've beat it on insane, wanted to kill myself at dunkurke

Kings gambit is quite easy on insane IMO
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

For me it was the complete reverse.  Beating FS2 on insane, while difficult, was much easier than beating FS1 on insane.  "Good Luck" in particular took ages to beat.

Although this might have been because I insisted on completing all the objectives and getting all the medals. :) I know that COTT would have been easier if I hadn't destroyed the Tantalus or kept the Bastion's hull above 35.

The only :v:-made single-player campaign mission I haven't beaten is Secrets Revealed, the last mission in Silent Threat.  I'm not even sure it's possible on insane; I can't even get into firing range of the Jotunheim.