Author Topic: Halo 3 Thread of Great Justice  (Read 13858 times)

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: Halo 3 Thread of Great Justice
Indeed. This is the games forum. Do try and be a bit more accomadating please?

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
I just hope they don't screw up the single player mode like they did with Halo 2
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ok, Deepblue - Halo 3 sucks, and we don't care about it, or the latest happenings about the Xbox. If we do care, we go online and find info about it, we don't need you spoon feeding us your adverts. And what sort of magazine spends so much time reviewing a game - that's not even out yet?
With all due respect, even though you yourself may dislike Halo (and admittedly, I'm not very interested in the series myself), it is one of the biggest phenomena to ever occur in gaming, and tens of millions of people do care very much about the release of the third installment.  I don't see any harm in making a thread summarizing the info that's been released so far.  I know Deepblue has garnered a reputation of being an MS fanboi, but I fail to see how that translates into criticizing each and every thread that he makes.

I don't mind so much that he made a giant thread devoted to Halo 3. What I do mind is coming in and seeing 3/4/5 different threads devoted to the Xbox and all of it's amazing glory. Keep it all in one thread or something, and stop pushing so goddamn hard.

Offline Roanoke

I just hope they don't screw up the single player mode like they did with Halo 2

why/how was it screwed up ? I quite liked it.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
From what I understand, the ending put a lot of people off.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
basically cause the ending went something like  "HAHAHA NOW YOU HAVE TO BUY HALO 3 AND AN XBOX 360!! HOWS IT FEEL BEING MICROSOFTS ***** NOW!!  BWAHAHAHAA"
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

And FS2's ending didn't give us almost the same message? :p
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Well, there's no hope of a sequel for FS2, sooo....

Offline Roanoke

well I didn't play Halo for the storyline....

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
The LOD problem, for one. But I guess that's more of an engine issue.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
The LOD problem, for one. But I guess that's more of an engine issue.

the textures popping in.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Especially painful during the cutscenes.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
The cutscenes themselves were generally quite good, just that god-awful popping was incredibly distracting. Remember though, no load times!

Cutscene quality  -vrs-   Load times.....

Personally, I'd go with a load time and some higher quality cutscenes. 
Then, again, if the load times too long, like on certain games, it just gets tedious...

Desicions, decisions....  :doubt:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
It's the one time I like graphics over gameplay; if load-times would eradicate the horrific popping of textures/models/whatever seen in Halo 2's cutscenes, then load me up baby!!

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Do you remember the load times for Halo 1? While they were sorta a nice break from the action, you usually had like 3 minutes to kill.

Well... no, because the only Halo 1 I ever played was on my computer, and I have a rather powerful computer. :p Load times= less than 10 seconds, without fail (and that was before tripling the RAM). 8)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
That's because you had RAM, unlike the lowly Xbox.

Fine. Anyway, the pop-in has been corrected in Halo 2 Vista without added load-times.

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
The problem I had with Halo 2's single player was also the lack of missions that I really liked. From the people I've talked with, Assault on the Control Room was their favourite level in Halo 1. Give me a level like that in Halo 2.

Another problem was some of the levels were either too long or too short... and then, with multiplayer, you have annoying kids on there who make you want to strangle them.

-puts on heat shield- I’m ready.
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline Roanoke

yeah I liked Assault too, though it was a little long on the Harder settings.