Author Topic: Any Good PC horror games?  (Read 9942 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Any Good PC horror games?
The whole pyramid head thing is very strange but that moment in SH2 where you see him on the other side of a locked metal bar door, stood there, just looking at you  :shaking:.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Chasing James/me and Maria to the lift, then.

IT GRABS MARIA AS THE DOOR SHUTS !!!

SHE'S SCREAMING.................BLOOD,

:nervous:
 :sigh:
 :(

^my personal favourite bit,
Marias got that just imperfect hotness thing going too....Also the Great Knife ;7
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Thief 3 was de facto the scariest thing I've played on the PC. The game is pretty tame for the most part, but I chickened out of playing the asylum level for more than half a year because the undead 'patients' that never stayed dead really scared the crap out of me.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You've got to know. He ended up with Mary, but he wanted Maria.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
You've got to know. He ended up with Mary, but he wanted Maria.

It depends on wich ending. :P

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Chasing James/me and Maria to the lift, then.

IT GRABS MARIA AS THE DOOR SHUTS !!!

SHE'S SCREAMING.................BLOOD,

^my personal favourite bit,
Marias got that just imperfect hotness thing going too....Also the Great Knife

i love the music after that bit, so sad. Who wouldof thought that the monsters represent parts of James, pyramid head was his sexual lust or something like that according to the walkthrough and the wiki.

Whens Alan wake and Hellgate london out?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Maria being killed. Again, and again, and again. Pure genius. The last death was the best of the bunch though and James' reaction. Oh and we're really spoiling this game for whatever poor sod hasn't played it.

Offline Roanoke

System Shock 2 and Silent Hill 2 mess with your mind like nothing else I've ever come across. Anything else you play will unfortunately be inferior. That said give Call of Cthulhu a try. It's hit and miss but when it hits it hits you between the eyes with a baseball bat. Be warned though, it's extremely difficult. You will need a walkthrough. You will die a lot. You will get frustrated with it.

I dunno... haven't played silent hill 2, SS2 was more stressful, always hunting for ammo.... Undying had some extremely freaking moments (the writing on the wall, the view of the monastry through the pond). 

LOL actually the first jump out of the seat scare moment was when i first encountered a Quake fiend.

the clickerty click of the Howlers scarred the crap outta me while I was struggling to use the pistol. Then I got the Scythe and I was like "Come On!!!" as I'd charge into groups of them.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Oh and we're really spoiling this game for whatever poor sod hasn't played it.

:(
I am a revolutionary.

System Shock 2 and Silent Hill 2 mess with your mind like nothing else I've ever come across. Anything else you play will unfortunately be inferior. That said give Call of Cthulhu a try. It's hit and miss but when it hits it hits you between the eyes with a baseball bat. Be warned though, it's extremely difficult. You will need a walkthrough. You will die a lot. You will get frustrated with it.

I dunno... haven't played silent hill 2, SS2 was more stressful, always hunting for ammo.... Undying had some extremely freaking moments (the writing on the wall, the view of the monastry through the pond). 

LOL actually the first jump out of the seat scare moment was when i first encountered a Quake fiend.

the clickerty click of the Howlers scarred the crap outta me while I was struggling to use the pistol. Then I got the Scythe and I was like "Come On!!!" as I'd charge into groups of them.

OH YA once you've got the scythe   :drevil:

Well for quake it was in a large room you had to press two buttons on the wall to open the door on the opposite side.  Sure pressed them the door started to open and suddenly this thing comes lunging at you.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Splatterhouse is good too, but really hard.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
OMG I never thought I'd hear that game's name again :D. It was good fun actually I have to admit. Even if it was a coin gobbler designed to part kids their their money as quickly as possible.

Ah, yes, good ol splatterhouse.   I played the TG-16 version back in the day.  Some of the levels were quite rough.  Still, there's something to be said for the zen joy of killing things with a 2x4

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
If we're going down this route then the rolling light gun shooted House of the Dead will play on the PC using A Sega System 32 emulator. It's not scary. Not in the slightest. It's cool though. Especially the attract mode cutscene with the 1930s guy in the trench coat with the pistol facing off against the huge alien machine. Very Lovecraftian.

House of the Dead 1, 2 and 3 were ported to Windows, why would someone need an emulator, unless they want to play it really slower.

And the Arcade version runs of Sega Model 2C, not Sega System 32.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:55:00 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Typing of the Dead.  ;)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline At

• Eklektikon
I second 7th Guest.

****, I haven't seen that name in a long time.  Stauf still gives me the willies.
Does there exist a StarFox Mod?  Yes!  Check out Shadows of Lylat!

That thing…its just too persistant.

Sadhal thought to himself in between his pants. After a few seconds, his breathing came under control, and the pain subsided. Sadhal couldn’t help but feel a significant amount of fear and apprehension.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
House of the Dead 1, 2 and 3 were ported to Windows

I didn't know that, although I did see the port of the game Ulala  mentions. One of those classic WTF moments.