Author Topic: Oblivion silliness  (Read 7699 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
First of all this game seems to have a really annoying bug. I got given a horse at the priory. Rode it to some crappy village somewhere. Got off the horse. Talked to some people. When I got back on the horse I got accused of being a thief. Wait a second it's my horse? Still every time I go near an imperial guard now (insert Star Wars imperial march music here) the bastard comes up and threatens to throw me in jail. For stealing my own horse.  :mad:

Well anyway I was playing last night and I'm strolling through a forest. Two foresters run past shooting engaged in combat with a deer. To be fair the deer was running away. I think they were trying to hunt it. One of the foresters gets a bit careless and shoots the other forester in the ass. at which point arrow-in-ass forester turns around and shoots the other forester in the face. So I'm stood their watching and these guys are jiggling left and right firing arrows at one another. Eventually one of them dies. A young life snuffed out because of a careless misunderstanding.  :(
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
First of all this game seems to have a really annoying bug. I got given a horse at the priory. Rode it to some crappy village somewhere. Got off the horse. Talked to some people. When I got back on the horse I got accused of being a thief. Wait a second it's my horse? Still every time I go near an imperial guard now (insert Star Wars imperial march music here) the bastard comes up and threatens to throw me in jail. For stealing my own horse.  :mad:

****. Second Star.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
LOL.. I saw it happen too..

Only the guards and bandits got involved too so it ended up as a 4 -sided fight (5 if you count me :D)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
What I want to know is how your horse always seems to follow you around no matter where you go or how you get there.

It's really quite talented, even if it's not your horse!

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
From what I hear the horse ownership is way fux0red in the game. Just grab one of the millions of mods that removes the "STOLEN" bumber sticker from the horse.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Do the mods give women bigger busts? This is a fantasy game afterall.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I suppose there might be a mod like that out there, just for you. :)
They did do a naked plugin for Morrowind. The wome were so well done that I usually ripped clothes off any female I killed. And sometimes the dudes as well, just to humiliate them. :D It was so funny...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, there's a naked one. It got the game's rating bumped because people were unable to distingush user-made content.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Fairly sad really... I mean I know Oblivion is a fantasy game but if you're able to pick up spoons and plates then you should be able to take all of the clothing from a person.

For me it's on the same lines as having blood in Battlefield. It's not essential and I don't need it but it's something that really should be there to add to the immersion. The fact that it's a mod and not "as standard" should be enough for most people to be able to get over their issues with nakedness.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I usually ripped clothes off any female I killed. And sometimes the dudes as well, just to humiliate them. :D It was so funny...

Hell why stop there. You've stripped them there's only one thing left to do. Human pyramid.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The thing about combat in this game was your supposed 'Allies' leaping in front of your sword and then being pissed off at you for hitting them, and if you kill them, then everyone gets annoyed at you. The only way to do combat was to wait for everyone else to die before you got involved.

Offline Roanoke

I usually ripped clothes off any female I killed. And sometimes the dudes as well, just to humiliate them. :D It was so funny...

Hell why stop there. You've stripped them there's only one thing left to do. Human pyramid.

does it use ragdoll ? so you can arrange badguys in amusing positions, usually of a sexual nature ?  :drevil:

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
As much as I think Oblivion is a totally brilliant and ridiculously fun game, we were fed so much bull**** about the whole radiant AI crap that it's just depressing.
I got the collectors edition on release day and probably shouldn't have, I haven't had that much play out of it.

Still good game. I like my Septim too.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I wish Oblivion had set items. *sighs*

Oh well, at least some "uniques" (read: Daedric) items are amusing.  :drevil:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

does it use ragdoll ? so you can arrange badguys in amusing positions, usually of a sexual nature ?  :drevil:

Yup.  I remember creeping out a roomful of people who were watching me once by picking up the dead corpses and waving them around on screen.

Ah...good times... :lol:
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
So the Redguard race in Oblivion. They're not black. No,no,no. They're red. Sure they all have corn row, afro, or dreadlock haircuts. That's just co-incidence. As is the guy in the opposite prison cell at the start of the game who comments on how much you must be missing the sun. He may as well have said "That's right. You're going to DIE in here... spear chucker". It wouldn't have mattered though because they're red not black. Go into the character editor and try and make them black. You can't do it. Well done Bethesda.

Stand out comedy moment of last night's gaming session (in between actually doing some work on BHX). Retaking the ruined city of KVatch. It had been overrun by bad guys. So I hike up the hill and there are three guys outside. Yup count 'em. Three. A captain and two soliders. The captain announces we're going to retake the city of Kvatch. So we charge into the city and end up in the city's main square, which happens to be directly behind the main gate. We kill two or three goblins and that's it. The captain announces we've retaken the city! At that point I piss myself laughing. Me and my mate are going to take the city of London tommorow. I figure all we'll have to do is beat up a couple of short ass beefeaters in Trafalgar square.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
They probably meant they overran and went out the other gate.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That must be it because I've seen more impressive battles outside the local pub.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
That must be it because I've seen more impressive battles outside the local pub.

That could make a good RTS; Closing Time: Total War

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Now thats a game i'd pay good money for.......... :lol:

The oppresive barstaff led by the mighty LandLord vs the nefarious drunkards alliance, led by a pikey.
Weapons include barstools and broken glasses, terrain includes pub toilets and blood stained carparks.

*goes to patent office*
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png