Author Topic: Pre-dilgar war era ships  (Read 7397 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Pre-dilgar war era ships
I'm currently on a mini-campaign (not more than 10 missions) taking place BEFORE the dilgar attacks on the LONAW sectors...
Therefor I'm in the need of knowing which ships are acceptable or not for the EA, the Raiders, the Centauri and the Narn...

Currently I'm off with:
  • EA Tiger
  • EA Olympus
  • EA Hyperion
  • EA Orion
  • EA Defense Plattform
  • 109 Zephyr
  • Freighter 1
  • Freighter 2
  • Skylark
  • Kestrel
  • Starliner Asimov
  • Tanker

• CR Sentry
  • CR Primus

• NR Frazi
  • Narn Freighter
  • NR Bin'Tak
  • NR Th'nor
  • NR T'Loth

Anything in there which has to go?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 01:05:47 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Pre-dilgar war era ships
I'm not sure about the Bin Tak.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Well, since the Bin'Tak is fanon it's hard to tell. But I think it makes more sense if the Bin'Tak was a post-Season5 built ship.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It's looks a bit too "G'Quany" and the G'Quan was the successor to the T'Loth.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

I was a bit hesitant about the Bin'Tak too (that is y I started this thread)

but I figured out 3 simple reasons to keep it:
  • the tech-room description says that most bin'taks were destroyed in the 2nd Narn-Centauri-war ( B5 Season 2)
  • it perfectly fits into the sceme of the early narn warfare ("Here we have the biggest guns the centauri left behind. Let's build a ship around them! And once we got that ship, we screw a lot of conventional turrets on it so it will be undestructable! Have I forgoten about something? - A fighterbay? This ship will not need a fighterbay!"
  • it is able to bring down a CR Primus with it's second salvo!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • the tech-room description says that most bin'taks were destroyed in the 2nd Narn-Centauri-war ( B5 Season 2)

Same can be said of the G'Quans. If you must include it I'd do something creative with the weapons. Certainly remove the beams. Up to you though. I'm sure your campaign will kick ass regardless.

Offline -Norbert-

If you really have to put in the Bin-Tak I would call it the prototype and have only one or two of them in.

I would also use the Skylark (EA civil ship).

Offline 0rph3u5

If you must include it I'd do something creative with the weapons. Certainly remove the beams.

IPA,
 the Narn did not develop their guns - they took up what the centauri had left behind (->"In the Beginning") and builded their warmashine with re-deveploments of centauri weapons etc.
So I'll not remove them, without them the missions which feature the Vol'pari (Bin'Tak class) will  be too easy (that was a spoiler)

I would also use the Skylark (EA civil ship).

I've added the Freighter 2, the Skylark, the crew shuttle and the kestrel now...

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Your campaign, your choice. Just making conversation. For the record I don't remember the Centauri using beam weapons like that. Always figured they'd got them somewhere else.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
EA did have Nova dreadnoughts to my knowledge in the Dilgar War. I really wouldn't include Bin'Tak if you aren't including G'Quan, actually it'd make much more sense for them to have G'Quans than Bin'Taks at the time.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
We haven't got a clue really have we? ;)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
By the way, I was watching first season episodes and in 9th episode Garibaldi says "The Narns and Centauri aided the Dilgar and don't want a trial." Earlier in this episode Jha'dur and G'Quan have a conversation which seems to indicate that the Narns did not take part in the conflict, except behind the scenes.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You might want to ignore that as well Orpheus.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
It is doubtful that the Dilgari could have done so well if either the Narn or Centauri had been opposing them... Considering how big an impact EA had when entering the war to support the minor races, and at the time EA pretty much was a minor race, not nearly as big as Narns or the Centauri.

And Bin'Tak definitely is Narn high tech. Next step from G'Quan.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It is doubtful that the Dilgari could have done so well if either the Narn or Centauri had been opposing them... Considering how big an impact EA had when entering the war to support the minor races, and at the time EA pretty much was a minor race, not nearly as big as Narns or the Centauri.
As I see it, EA entered the Dilgar war to show their newfound military power with their latest ships (Nova, Hyperion, Aurora) to other races. In my knowledge it was the first major conflict EA took part in, it was a necessary show of force to let other races to know that they won't be an easy target to any would-be-oppressor even if they're late in the game of space warfare.

Most of the known facts about the Dilgar war were stated in the 9th episode of first season. No official TBP campaign with actual story should go directly against known facts that were stated in the show or movies, it would be simply twisted to do so.

Offline 0rph3u5

EA did have Nova dreadnoughts to my knowledge in the Dilgar War. I really wouldn't include Bin'Tak if you aren't including G'Quan, actually it'd make much more sense for them to have G'Quans than Bin'Taks at the time.

If they had I don't care  ;)
but my fanon source says that the first novas got into service for the dilgar war and now read on further down this post

Most of the known facts about the Dilgar war were stated in the 9th episode of first season. No official TBP campaign with actual story should go directly against known facts that were stated in the show or movies, it would be simply twisted to do so.

Well if you had paid attention to the title of this thread and the list of ships put on the board (and pay attention to the fact that I've no dl any new content for two weeks now -> I've yet not recived the dilgar package for beta-testing) you would have noticed that I'm not going to include the Dilgar in this campaign nor the war against them...
this campaign shall be placed around 2219 B5 timeline - I've found a nice fanon-timeline to get dates included and I know "Deathwalker" [I saw it in preps for this campaign to get the political structures right] so I won't be conflicting against the show

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
As someone who's own campaign is complete fictional bollocks I can roll with your I don't care attitude. Oh and please send me a copy of these Diglar ships when you get them. For inclusion in the 3.4 beta optional component.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
IP speaks trulies... No one is telling anyone what do and not do. But a story I more immersing and easier to understand when it doesn't condradict canon information and well established facts.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline 0rph3u5

As someone who's own campaign is complete fictional bollocks I can roll with your I don't care attitude. Oh and please send me a copy of these Diglar ships when you get them. For inclusion in the 3.4 beta optional component.

I do care, otherwise I would never have asked here
the one with the nova - I was joking, just saying that it does not fit into the campaign context even if it would have been avalible to the EA
and now I'll go back and try to give to create Bin'Tak textures which don't look to G'Quanish

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yeah you could do that. Go for the Th'nor look.