Author Topic: Aliens!  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Centrixo

avp film is crap. too soft as far as im concerned.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
All of them but the first two movies were crap :p

Knowing it's Obsidian I'm betting that it'll be set on a spaceship to have the isolated environment, and probably corporate experiments aboard the ship with you as a generic crew member of a type depending on your class. Bad things happen and you probably use an influence system to keep reigns on other crew members who panic, betray, etc. in their own self-interest to survive. Personally I'd hope that the ship would be a bit more Nostromo like, and perhaps instead of corporate experiments they do a rescue of say a military ship that got infested but you don't realize that until later. For fun, it's not the people infected but the pets and have a few scenes where you think the humans are going to burst but they don't ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I'm as anxious as the rest of you to "Get a face full of alien wing-wong" but only if it's based on the d20 system for the RPG version. Would be cool for the FPS one also, change it to a strategy RPG like KOTOR and NWN but with guns (Oniell mode on) , BIG HONKING SPACE GUNS! (Oniell Mode off)...   :lol:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Centrixo

alien shoot em up. already been done.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs

Anyway, I hope that the main focus is on the corporate bickering/backstabbing with the Aliens themselves being a backdrop and end-threat.

well funny!
I hate My signature!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I'm as anxious as the rest of you to "Get a face full of alien wing-wong" but only if it's based on the d20 system for the RPG version. Would be cool for the FPS one also, change it to a strategy RPG like KOTOR and NWN but with guns (Oniell mode on) , BIG HONKING SPACE GUNS! (Oniell Mode off)...   :lol:

*Turns on nerd-speak translator*

Damn, it's out of batteries.

What the hell did you just say? :p

He said he wants to get facehugged, but only if he gets a saving throw. 

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Um... ROLL FOR INIT!

Chances are I can shoot that f-er in mid air before it gets to make alien love to my esophagus (Damn, spellcheck didn't complain so I guess I got it right!) :)

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Maxwell

The future of mankind never looked so bleak...  :rolleyes: