Author Topic: SOC Fleet  (Read 7304 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I got SketchUp installed on my computer, but I'm stuck like you are. :sigh: Plus, that's just the modeling side of things - there's still texturing, UV mapping, turrets et cetra... :(

Frankly, it sucks that I can draw what I think are good-looking fighters, but I cannot actually model them. Oh well...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Dysko

I tried to model something with X-Plane's Plane Maker, but with it you can do only lo-poly stuff (actually, you can enhance them adding .obj models... and this means using trueSpace or Blender or whatever). Moreover, you need to add submodels separately, so Plane Maker is useful mostly to model un-turreted fighters.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Like a bottle yet to be opened. :)

It will be opened soon, friends.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I tried to model something with X-Plane's Plane Maker, but with it you can do only lo-poly stuff (actually, you can enhance them adding .obj models... and this means using trueSpace or Blender or whatever). Moreover, you need to add submodels separately, so Plane Maker is useful mostly to model un-turreted fighters.

Well, if you've been successful with that program before, then that's not too bad. :) I can't model or texture or whatnot at all. :blah:

@ Snail

Hopefully... :sigh: :( :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

I've actually got a few ships of my own design that I would like to see in the game, but they might be TOO high-poly. :nervous:
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Pictures.... Hehehehehe

I'll post some...eventually. (And probably not in this thread.)
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Then where? Woos Glory Shots?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

No, I'll probably make a new thread, so that the other ones dont get cluttered. It will probably be in the Hard Light Art forum...
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
No!

Inferno Night Cafè only!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, we won't see it there since the only thread I follow there is the Roadsign one.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Also, it's something "secret". Many people ignored the existance of INFA until its release.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Well, what if I start a new topic in the Inferno forum? Would that be better? :rolleyes: Anyway, these ships are not necesarily Inferno ships, let alone SOC ships. :p I'll get around to it sometime, maybe later today. (but no promises. :drevil:) In the mean time what should I work on now that I've finished the Jotun?
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Perhaps the Alves?

Though my main concern over the Alves is to do with textures - the Alves has these dark blue patches in the black areas of the texture (I believe the black areas are supposed to be exposed mechanical sections), and I find said patches rather ugly.

If a HTL Alves is done, how about Woo give it a try mapping it with the texture/glows/shine/BLABLA that are used on the HTL Erinyes?

Another thing about an HTL Alves would be gunpoints too - the gunpoints are placed in areas that look nothing like guns, more like air vents. Like a ship for the high-class traveller, but no offensive/defensive weapons? :wtf: Perhaps some imagination there would work wonders...? But if you're going to follow INF canon on the gunpoints then I don't mind - gunpoints aren't that big a deal (with the exception of 2 guns to a barrel, and firing points that are too close to each other up to the point where you see one projectile instead of two xD).

Just a suggestion. :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
A good suggestion I think.
The Lightblue Ribbon