19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97319 times)

Re: Favorite terran fighter
GTF Perseus fast, manuverable, best dogfighter in the GTA

Offline Centrixo

il take the perseus, it can get out of situations where the erinyes or ares fails. it can carry the fair amount of firepower for the manoverablitiy and speed of the ship. the only fighters that could possibly match it, are the SF Dragon and the GVF Thoth probably.

i wouldnt choose any ship like the erinyes because its 'your early grave' on insane skill.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
QFT = Quite ****in True?

Go Ares. Heil the missile capacity and armor!!!

I thought QFT was short for "Quoted For Truth".

As for my favorite fighter, probably the GTF Apollo (yes, I know it isn't in FS2)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I used to like the Apollo, that was until I fired unguided rockets off it. The gunpoint positions are too far off centre IMO. :sigh:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I used to like the Apollo, that was until I fired unguided rockets off it. The gunpoint positions are too far off centre IMO. :sigh:

Yesh, upon playing the Plato mission again I found it was a lot easier to aim using the Valk. But I believe the Apollo was originally a bomber. Look at its size relative to the other ships.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Yay! Perseus is winning!
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Perseus is a good fighter but I'm never a fan of interceptors. I like lobbing missiles at people. ;)

Secondaries are for the weak!  For that matter, Kaysers are for the weak!

Pegasus with Prom S =D

It's not the best or anything, but it's just really fun to fly something that fast and maneuverable while being a shadow in the theatre.  The Pegasus is probably the only fighter in Insane mode that reduces the difficulty of a mission significantly (unless you count the Ares in a few missions where it can snipe).

Offline Centrixo

Quouted For Truth?
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Go Ares. Heil the missile capacity and armor!!!
You forgot the 2+4 primaries, and the better weapon energy than Erinyes.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Talking about its 6 primaries would probably draw comments like

"YOU STUPID TWIT THE ERINYES HAS 2 MORE THAN THAT YOU PRATT!"

(albeit slightly exaggerated)

But yeah.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I say "pfeh" to the Perseus.  Give me the good ol' Valkyrie over it any day.  25 m/s faster at top speed, and an afterburner that you could hold down all day.  Nothing gets you into or out of trouble faster. :)

In terms of the poll, the GTF Clothespin, of course.  I <3 quads.

the GTF Apollo is my favourite ship. Its underated alot. It is also one of the best ships designs ive seen.

Ares ends up being the default ship...even though I think the ship kind of looks like a turkey. Does anyone else think it looks like a turkey? It's got the big belly, and then that colour scheme...but I think the Erinyes is one of the best looking ships I've seen in any sci-fi verse in a long time.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I go with the Myrmidon, its a good all around with weapons, missiles, speed and armor plus its the only fighter wich can be a serious treat for capships, specially cruisers, thanks to those 2 Helios, I really like flying this fighter-bomber. :) A Vasudan version of it would be cool too.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I go with the Myrmidon, its a good all around with weapons, missiles, speed and armor plus its the only fighter wich can be a serious treat for capships, specially cruisers, thanks to those 2 Helios, I really like flying this fighter-bomber. :) A Vasudan version of it would be cool too.

Damn it all, the ****ty Myrmidon and those ****ing Helios. I really hate that.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

Damn it all, the ****ty Myrmidon and those ****ing Helios. I really hate that.

Ok, why?