Author Topic: No Supernova?  (Read 55669 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Originally posted by Neon

Oh... my... god...      

Now really, once i saw a show on tv kinda like this! Some aliens came in peace, but while trying to communicate with us, they hit some satellites with a superheated laser that transmitted to earth their transmission, but humans couldn't understand it! Moscow and Washington, thinking they were hostile, fired lots of nukes! They destroyed some of the alien ships, and they aliens fired their energy weapons. Right before they were destroyed, the aliens fired a weaker laser, which reported a transmission in english, saying that they were peaceful. Too late, though, the alien energy weapons had already been fired, destroying Washington and Moscow...

[This message has been edited by Neon (edited 01-02-2002).]

I vaguely remember that from my childhood... it was excellent to my recollection.

What was it called?

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
Why, and how, would you cause the second supernova?

You just now responded to something i posted ten moths ago???

:blah: :wtf: :blah: :wtf: :blah: :wtf: :blah: :wtf: :blah:
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Hippo

You just now responded to something i posted ten moths ago???

:blah: :wtf: :blah: :wtf: :blah: :wtf: :blah: :wtf: :blah:

Actually he just wanted to bump this topic and your comment was convenient  :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
he apparently has rights to bump it whenever because its in his title. If you look through it, I think its been majorly bumped two or three times before.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by Sandwich

Bomb intercept has never been quite so un-needed with the CapShip Turret Upgrade...  

I did the same thing for the DOTA mod....

Terran/Vasudan/Shivan(and Plasma)  - Turret/Anti-Bomber Turret, Heavy turret

Maby I should put it for downlad??
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Originally posted by Assassin

I vaguely remember that from my childhood... it was excellent to my recollection.

What was it called?

The Tv program you are looking for was the great (if a little depressing as humans almost alswys get it in SOME way)

"The outer Limits"

"Please do not attempt to adjust your set... we now control it. We control the horizontal, and the vertical... we can show you a thousand images all at once... or expand one image to crystal clarity, and beyond. You are about to embark on a fantastic adventure into The Outer Limits."
You`d need more than a lightsabre to kick a shivans arse!!!

I pick wahoonies for a living! Maybe that why I have no friends,

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
you know those troop transports? Well i tried to save them by makign them invulnerable then trying to destroy the nahemas with `k but several if not 1 has a Guard thingy.. only goes down to 1% so its impossible to save them. So by that time, i just let the nahemas eat their fill 6k from the portal. This all happens around 11 minutes into the mission. When the lamba transports come in, i go for the portal :lol:

Offline Grey Wolf

Knight Templar and karajorma are right :p
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
Knight Templar and karajorma are right :p

Let's see... Shrike locked the bumpped and rebumpped Serious Sandwich thread (click on the avatar of me w/ gun), so I'm guessing he'll do this one in, too. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bah.  Wait a month, and then unlock it. :p

Offline Havock

Originally posted by Kalfireth
And all because one puny little cruiser didn't die like it was supposed to. However...you'v eall forgotten one thing.

By saving Capella - the jump node that you run to in the last minutes of that mission is not destroyed. The Shivan Sathanas fleet makes it's way there and jumps through. In approximatly one week all humanit and the Vasudan empire is no more than rubble. You loose. Insert new credit  

------------------
Co-Creator:  Hard Light Productions
Webmaster: Sounds of Thunder

Sol's still there :p

unless the lucifer was still partly operational when it's tail was cut off :p

or perhaps the main hull wreckage dived into earth's atmosphere, releasing big explosion and an unknown virus or something :p