Author Topic: HTL Typhon  (Read 18600 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Conservatives? Where?

Crappy jokes aside, I still think it needs a little more detail. And some new stuff. Like the Orion had lots of nooks and crannies everywhere. This needs some more stuff too. And make indentations where the textures try to make it look like so, etc.

If I'm coming off sounding like a bossy busy body, then sorry. It's just what I would do if I could model.

Offline neoterran

well it ain't gonna happen. trashman's already texturing it. Microwave HTL, ready to go.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How sez I can't or won't add more detail?

I just havn't decided it I will do it now or later :D

No really, I have all the extra parts needed for the boxart version, and I can very well add more polys to this one, it's just that the places where I can add them TO HAVE ANY VISIBLE EFECT are few.

Smoothing can only go so far before it starts being a waste. All panel-like areas are rather small. Adding stuff to the large brown areas is non-cannon.

But tell you want.. If I relese it like it is consider ita Beta (or alpha) version. Something to tie you over.

I got models that require my time and atention (as they are for the campaign), but the demon and typhon I started to do since I though you freespacers would want them more. Not that I don't want them myself, but pushing them up the construction list was "becoause of the people".

so hang tight peeps... I'll have to think this over.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Hey! we are glad for it what ever you choose.  If you want to put it on hold  to make it better then we should be willing to wait.  If we are impatient then thats our problem.  It's not like your getting paid! :)

Offline Davin

EDIT: Statement retracted due to the following post.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:50:12 pm by Davin »

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Bad idea. People will all be writing complaining about problems with the "beta" and there'll be no end of headache >..>;
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Trashman, can we get a 'side on' shot, to compare it with the boxart?  I'm curious to see if the 'nose' lines up with the 'arms' and the bridge the way it does on the boxart, and the dorsal shot you posted earlier seems to confuse me with perspective. :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
...I still think it needs a little more detail. And some new stuff. Like the Orion had lots of nooks and crannies everywhere. This needs some more stuff too. And make indentations where the textures try to make it look like so, etc.
But the Orion is Terran.  The Typhon is Fishy... I mean Vasudan.
There's supposed to be a difference.  ;)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
ARGH!

I went to merge the two halfs in 3D MAX and it messed up part of the texturing! Not a massive parts, but considerbale one..
Dang, I only wish I knew a way to merge two halfs seemlesly in TS :(

What exactly happened?  I've never seen a UV error from symmetrical merges.

Hm....Mayhaps....yesss... I'm gonan try something...

EDIT: I followed the lines of the original typhon so it shouldn't be any "thicker".. Maby I should add more polys... the basic hull (no fins or antennas) is 2700 polygons merged  :confused:

And yet it looks very smmoth... dang I'm good! :D

2700?  Add more :) ;)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
ARGH!

I went to merge the two halfs in 3D MAX and it messed up part of the texturing! Not a massive parts, but considerbale one..
Dang, I only wish I knew a way to merge two halfs seemlesly in TS :(

What exactly happened?  I've never seen a UV error from symmetrical merges.

All tiling was reverted to 1:1..

The UV mapping was perserved, so ti's not that bad - I just have to re-pain the ship.

I would KILL for a 3D program that can combine both Truespace and 3Dmax feautres....

Hm....Mayhaps....yesss... I'm gonan try something...

EDIT: I followed the lines of the original typhon so it shouldn't be any "thicker".. Maby I should add more polys... the basic hull (no fins or antennas) is 2700 polygons merged  :confused:

And yet it looks very smmoth... dang I'm good! :D

2700?  Add more :) ;)

Yeah..I know....I will but that will require me to re-texture the thing, so I'll leave that for version 2.

and that ting I tired failed..

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
bahhh dont be lazy :P

do more :D
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
TS has features? :O

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I made version one, set up the scene for export and everything.. I get a stack overflow error (the hull itself exports fine tough). The problem must be either in the turrets or the fins..GAH... :sigh:
I'm currently testing to see what's causing this..

This version ended up looking fine. 7222 polys with all 27 turrets :D
The next one should be more detailed and everything...

EDIT: the stock model is causing this! Unbelivable! :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:36:14 pm by TrashMan »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Works in-game..

But I can't get it to convert WITH the stock models as LOD's????

Dang, this imagashack converter darkens the pics too much..

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline neoterran

release, release, release !
Chief Grognard.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
One tiny *****ing from me here, but the typhon's windows seem to be as if a zod engineer puked windows and they all splashed onto the typhon with no apparent design conforming. I see the model and i see glowing windows being cut off by stuff like the fighterbays and being wrapped around a curve. The windowing is too random and it's not really in a good way.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline neoterran

Well, you've seen the insides of zod ships. You know it's all funky and non-terran. I don't think that is should look like a freaking Orion ****-Block(tm) here...
Chief Grognard.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Compared with the mentu, aten, and the hatshepsut which don't have window messes, not to mention several of the zod freighters don't have window messes either, the typhons windows are a mess.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Things like the Hatshepsut don't seem to have nearly as many windows - just cooking up a new texture for the hull with less windows/meter would work well.