Author Topic: Most Recognizable Freespace Dialogue?  (Read 35078 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: Most Recognizable Freespace Dialogue?
"That's a confirmed kill" and "Show 'em how it's done, sir!" are fairly classic too. =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Grawr

• Morituri Nolumus Mori.
The obligatory "Dive Dive Dive!"...

First encounter with the Sathanas, seeing four red beams pierce the nebula gas and obliterate the Vasudan ship, and just sitting absolutely still like a deer in headlights... then this enormous warp portal opens, and I see the thing's black silhoutte enter.
This one isn't really a quote, but the experience was amazing. Not sure if Volition intended for players to see it this way, but with this is how it turned out with the mediavps super-thick nebula effects...
The optimist sees a glass half full, the pessimist sees a glass half empty, and the engineer sees a glass twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
That's how they intended it.
The first time you see the Sathanas, it uses a different model than normal.  This model has no details, only a horrifyingly black menacing bulk of terror.  :shaking:  :nervous:

Offline Nuclear1

That's how they intended it.
The first time you see the Sathanas, it uses a different model than normal.  This model has no details, only a horrifyingly black menacing bulk of terror.  :shaking:  :nervous:

No it doesn't.

Every ship appears that way when at a distance in the nebula.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Every so often the game glitches in a nebular mission; it takes away the nebula for a frame or two and you see everything as normal.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Yeah?

Why two versions?

Offline Davin

You know that mission where you go back to gamma draconis, the one with the comm nodes? They use the second model there because they have a crapload of saths jumping in. I think, I haven't played that mission in a while.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
The model for the lowest LOD is more like the Lucy and Sath combined; it looks like a triangle or somethin... target em and find out?
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline ShivanSpS

-Alpha, te Nebtuu is gone, all allied worships are current engaged, you are you own on there!.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You know that mission where you go back to gamma draconis, the one with the comm nodes? They use the second model there because they have a crapload of saths jumping in. I think, I haven't played that mission in a while.
Close but no. The SJ Sathanas' there were actually SJD Sathanas', and their model is just a tiny triangle with the low TC-TRI texture (I think). It's also used in the missions with the Sathanas' around Capella. Some people also use it in missions to make beam cannons miss.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I found the model for that, too... I was wondering what the heck it was...  I can add a pic of that later.
In FRED, you do have a choice for SJ Sath, SJD Sath, but I'm not sure how to get minicap in... I'll have to take another look.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
"Stop Laughing There Copilot!" -Snipes

http://www.fsoinstaller.com/LP2-2_SN_03_OUTTAKE.wav
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

"Do not engage, repeat..."

*Automatic track repeats "Do not engage do not engage do not engage" over and over again*

Favorite FS outtake.  :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
"Do not engage, repeat..."

*Automatic track repeats "Do not engage do not engage do not engage" over and over again*

Favorite FS outtake.  :D

Damn, you have good ears, I couldn't make head or tail of that. Still can't! (Thought it was supposed to be a shivan scan or something.)

Offline Rynok

If I heard a single word from the terse opening dialog in "Argonautica" where Command and the stuck Aquitaine are parsing out responsibilities with the player as an interested party I would recognize it immediately, like hearing a single note of a familiar song. The delivery and the situation sets the stage for the desperate tone of the final five-mission sequence.

Alpha: Command, this is Alpha wing. We are now in position. One wing of Mara fighters in range, designation Aries.
Command: Negate the Maras, Alpha. Secure this area on the double.
Aquitaine: Thank you for your assistance, Alpha wing. The Argo should be here in under five minutes.
<SCv Abaddon arrives>
Aquitaine: Alpha, this is the Aquitaine. You take care of the fighters, we'll worry about the Abaddon. Destroy its beam turrets if you get the opportunity.

Offline ShivanSpS

"All units, fire to kill Alpha 1."

Offline EBass

Those fighters you are seeing are the Eyrenies class, as far as anyone knows they don't even exist.

You must order the destroyer to withdraw command she will not survive this engagement!

Command those coordinates you gave us were bogus! We don't stand a chance of catching that ship.

But the winner as always is. DIVE DIVE DIVE HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
"Incoming jump signature! Hostile configuration!"
-C

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
"Bandit on your tail!" / "You've got a bogey on your tail" / "Watch your six!" / "Check your six, pilot!"

Well obviously....DIVE DIVE DIVE! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!
But i also like some of the campaigns where alpha wing is constant.  (Derelict with Mackie, for example) It seems to make me want to keep them alive more