Author Topic: Shmups!  (Read 2089 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
http://www.tigsource.com/features/doujin-shmups.html

I have to admit being attracted as much to the rather cool spaceship as the subject, but it's still an interesting article :)

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Yeah, that ship at the bottom of the article looks suspiciously like one from the Freespace Universe (Perseus interceptor anyone?)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Heh, maye just a tad inspired by Freespace :) Very cool looking in it's own right, though.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ha, I've seen that before! I don't remember the name and it doesn't seem to be listed on that site, but the game that features that fighter was on a cover disc a few years back.

It featured 4 anime chicks each with her own fighter from which you could choose. It was a shmup, but with 3d models for the ships, and the player fiughters all looked really cool on the selection screen. Sadly, the thing crashed as soon as I tried to start a level.

I should dig up that cover disc and try it on a new PC.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Heh, maye just a tad inspired by Freespace :) Very cool looking in it's own right, though.

Doubt it - it's a pretty standardised design, really :)

I'd love to do an FS2 Shmup - just the player (with selectable craft!) and a ludicrous arsenal against waves of (low detail) enemies, probably cell-shaded.......

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
So basically seizure-inducing ADD Japanese Raptor clones.

Wow, I never knew it was an entire genre.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
They fail to mention Sentimental Shooting, or have a working link to a link to a link to it. Kinda said.

Ah well. CONSULT THE P2P ARCHIVES!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline miskat

The fact that I KNOW what Sentimental Shooting IS kind-of makes me sad.  lol

I'd love to get that game... Rally Raid... but I can't navigate that site for the life of me.  >.<

I remember there was a shmup that we used to play in Visual Basic class in High School, I THINK it was Ikaruga... could be wrong, but it was FUN.