Author Topic: Campaign: Shivan Plague  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Centrixo

Campaign: Shivan Plague
Based on the votes from a few months back, i am currently making a MOD of a Vasudan with his ship. This campaign is centered around you and the GTVA.

As you can tell from the title this campaign will be about a plague the Shivans will release into the atomosphere of several planets. It will be over 30 missions to find this cure otherwise the planets will become unbreathable to normal Vasudans or Humans landing on that planet. Meanwhile the people that live on that planet no longer breathe and have found a way to counteract this with adapting, and in turn their stance with the outside will become hostile.

Mission listing:

1: Rupture.  2: Trader delight. 3: Veles Treason. 4: Communicator. 5: Vasuradox. 6: All Roads lead to Death.
7: Light at the end. 8: Clairevoyant. 9: Capella time warp PT I. 10: Capella time warp PT II. 11: Vasa Sertod.
12: Breath of fresh air. 13: Sol. 14:  Zero Negative. 15: Direct fire. 16: Battle of Psamtik. 17: Asterix.
18: Traversing. 19: Cause for Theory!. 20: Future Tense Capella. 21: Shivaxia. 22: Room to Breathe.
23: Distracted by Veles. 24: Reunion. 25: Emergency. 26: Cabin Stress. 27: Lingarral Forest.
28: Shivan Transport. 29: Timeout PT I. 30: Timeout PT II.

Characters of Interest.

Admiral Frontose. Head of Security GTVA. (Vasudan)
Veles Bracken. Professional Hacker. (Human)
Therek Sufboid. Human Lieason officer. (Human)
Trax. Time Traveller. (29th Century Human)
Rear Admiral Bosch. Leader of the NTF. (Human)
Admiral Khafre. Commander of the Psamtik. (Vasudan)
Fuiosa. Beta 1. (Vasudan)
Lee Thruxton. Alpha 2. (Human)

Ships of Interest.

GTD Aquitane.
NTF Iceni.
GVD Psamtik.
Veles.
Time ship 2.
GTD Hades.
SJ Sathanas.
GTVA Collosus.

I have given a date of when it would be ready, but it is looking more likely i was overconfident of when it would be complete. It should be done around this time next year.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: Campaign: Shivan Plague
Be careful with estimations. Completing campaigns on time is not the speciality of the FS community.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Centrixo

Someone tell me that 4 months ago and i would have no need to get pressured by people here, but i can no longer go back and change that, i guess people thought of me as someone to joke at and is a talking and posting spam box and that explains it all.

I will create this mission with or without any help along the way, i do not care either way. This is something i want to do and invest my time into, not to get pushed about by some idoit who wants a piece of me when i get pressurised. this will be done when it's done. My next post will be some time within the end of the year.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Vretsu

Really bad idea to stick yourself to a timeline.  :nervous:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Be careful with estimations. Completing campaigns on time is not the speciality of the FS community.

Expecially when you add small modpacks full of bugs and you decide to insert cutscenes.

Someone tell me that 4 months ago and i would have no need to get pressured by people here, but i can no longer go back and change that, i guess people thought of me as someone to joke at and is a talking and posting spam box and that explains it all.

I will create this mission with or without any help along the way, i do not care either way. This is something i want to do and invest my time into, not to get pushed about by some idoit who wants a piece of me when i get pressurised. this will be done when it's done. My next post will be some time within the end of the year.

People that have problems in their personal life are justified. Rampage clearly says that his Real Life takes precedence over the development of INF SCP and we all accept his decision(he's active, however).

I want to add something about the creation of campaigns. Most members come our with interesting ideas which can be fully expressed only with 30+ missions campaigns. When you work on your first campaign, your FREDding skills improve significantly.

My most important campaign, The Southern Cross(that has a number of missions estimated to 100, 50 for each part) is mostly formed by my first FRED attempts(except for 2 missions, everything I've done so far belongs to Part One). Bringing them to my new standards(i.e. adding cutscenes and in-mission cutscenes)turned out to be difficult. Backgrounds are also poor.

My problem is that I consider SthCrs my most important campaign and I want to bring it to levels "I will no longer be able to reach". That's why it's a bit blocked now. I planned to create some models but my not existant modelling abilities are forcing me to look for replacements. I have found interesting stuff like the Sirona and the Dante(that are damn close to two models I had in mind) and I'm planning to add new music as well.

All these circumstances have made SthCrs a great WIP I will complete... I'm sure of it... but I don't know WHEN it will come out.

My suggestion is to start with minicampaigns or even Prologues and Introductions of the great campaign you have in mind :)

EDIT: I forgot a word... ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 04:34:45 pm by LieutenantGeneralMobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Ain't that the truth.  :rolleyes:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

*cough*ItDoH*cough* :P

*cough*INF SCP, ST:R, BWO, TVWP... (goes on and on)*cough*
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Add all campaigns I'm working on. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Nuclear1

Honestly, Centrixo, don't you already have a campaign slated for August 21st, 2007 already?  Maybe work on getting that one done before announcing another like this?
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Vretsu

By putting pressure on him, you've already killed it.

Also, planning out the mission names and goals ahead of time kills creative inspiration and removes the FREDing drive.  :nervous:

Offline Dysko

Honestly, Centrixo, don't you already have a campaign slated for August 21st, 2007 already?  Maybe work on getting that one done before announcing another like this?
I think this is the campaign he is working on.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Creative campaign idea, certainly. The Shivans never need to land on a planet if they just plague them out.

or blow up the local star...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
What will happen to Centrixo is if his campaign will not be completed the 21st August?
The Lightblue Ribbon

well think of something. eventually.

Offline Vretsu

Get rid of his custom title. There's too much pressure on him for the campaign to be finished on campaign, anyways, now.

Offline Nuclear1

I think this is the campaign he is working on.
No, this is the campaign he should be working on, since he's down to 3 months and 15 days until its release. :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Holy necromancers, Batman.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuclear1