Author Topic: Campaign: Shivan Plague  (Read 7132 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Campaign: Shivan Plague
Well if I were to set myself a deadline I'd probably never get it. I've just got to finish 3 more missions for my campaign (all of which are basically skeletons already) but I just can't bring myself to do it.

/\o/\

dadadadadada BATMAN!!!

Creative campaign idea, certainly. The Shivans never need to land on a planet if they just plague them out.

IIRC, the Tech Room mentions something about the GTVA never noticing Shivans taking over planets and the like. They just have the Lucy blow them up...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Did the Lucy Fleet bombard any planets other than Vasuda Prime that we know of?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

dont think so, but they were headed for earth

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
We could always feed him to Carl...

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
Use the Calvin and Hobbes philosphy and set a date so ridiculously far in the future that you release the campaign several millenniums ahead of schedule, thereby  proving that you are a diligent worker and boosting your self esteem.

We could always feed him to Carl...

would Carl eat someone who doesn't finish their campaign on time? i dont think he/it would even touch him :P

We could find out where he lives, knock him down, and step on his testicles.  ...  What?  I bet he opened FRED, just thinking about being late.

Seriously, my recommendation is against trying to build up hype until a campaign is actually ready for release.  Building up hype, announcing release dates, and then failing to live up to your hype or make your release date will just make a whole lot of people angry or frustrated with you.  FRED for the sake of FRED'ing, and release when you've got a complete piece.  Making gradiose claims, be it an insane feature list or an arbitrary release date, is just going to stir people up and make trouble for you.  Oh, and maybe someone steps on your testicles for chuckles.

Offline Vretsu

The above poster pretty much summed it up.

So, yeah, I made this post to leech a '+1' off Flames success.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
*coughcoughB5Crusadecough*

... Meanwhile the people that live on that planet no longer breathe and have found a way to counteract this with adapting....

Eh ? Care to elaborate on that ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Snail

• SC 5

IIRC they did something to Deneb too. (not the IIRC)

Offline Centrixo

Eh ? Care to elaborate on that ?

My next post will be some time within the end of the year.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Nuclear1

IIRC they did something to Deneb too. (not the IIRC)
That would be because it was an Ancients colony at one point, and of course whoever wiped out the Ancients would've bombed them out.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

I think he was referring to the "Battle of Deneb" scene from the FS2 Intro.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Uhh... No, it was on this forum that I heard that.

Once, again ignore me.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Altair V, wasn't it?
cannon evidence:
Quote from: Reaching the Zenith (FS1, sm3_04a.fs2)
''I say this because it is immediately apparent that this planet was also destroyed by Shivan weapons.  This is difficult to believe, considering the age of the remains, but the evidence is conclusive."

B5Crusade

with a fishheaded Gideon?  :D
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Altair IV, IIRC.

I actually meant to ask: Did the Lucy Fleet bombard any other worlds than Vasuda Prime in the T-V War that we know of?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
We know they bombarded something. The tech room mentions it well before it happened to Vasuda Prime. Where and when is not clear.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

they clearly found a better way of destroying planets though, so waht does it matter

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
What are you refering to? In FS1 another planetary bombardment was mentioned?!?

Altair IV, IIRC.

I actually meant to ask: Did the Lucy Fleet bombard any other worlds than Vasuda Prime in the T-V War that we know of?

It was the Great War :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]