Author Topic: EA Starfury need a new but uhm...  (Read 25570 times)

Offline Bigoudi

Re: EA Starfury need a new but uhm...
Ok pof exporter problemes resolved need simply install 3DSmax 6 or higher :\ dont know still a DLL's run around new vertion. maybe v7 installed.

? mean simply go in DATA floder from the F:\babylon project\data\ and here creat 2 new floder model & map ?

u sure is that all i need if my ship got it same name it cause problemes not ? with the aurora inside VP 3.3
mean duplicate ship.

maybe if u say i try like this realy tks for help.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Check the file structures in the various .vps... Especially the vanilla FS .vps, if you have them. The .vp files are generally just stuff inside the /data folder stuffed in to a package for easy transfer/storage. The game however will always check the game /data directory first, and will use anything it finds in there. So for example, if you have the aurora.pof in /data/models directory, the game will use that one instead of the aurora.pof found in TBP .vp files.

Same goes for all other files. Tables, music, anims, textures, everything.

As for the folder names... The TBP .vp files should have the file structures intact (I think)... So you can check them which file goes in to which directory. Since you're modelling, you need to put the .pof in /data/models, textures in /data/maps. And tables go in to /data/tables.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Bigoudi

Realy tks for all instruction ok now let see a pic LOL.

thats was the first result in game i like joke.

ok dont know what is turning wrong only some part of my ship is showed dont know if is becose im not sure about scale size from my ship or its becose is there to many texture or is finaly to many face so FS2 engine drop it some automaticaly i have now many test to do if any have a suggestion about this bug im happy to know.

http://www.uploading.com/files/BWA3RYR2/preview09_in_game.JPG.html

Offline Bigoudi

Well down my baby its now in game  :P

i find the prob why object is not showed.

but i got now many litle thing to correct ship size one part of ship is wrongly textured and sure i feel modeling is really to high after this all thing corrected and some more optimisation i send here the ship if any want try it.
I got a camera problemes to cant zoom like to close is probably becose ship size and the litle exaus up right left and down right left isnt in place.

http://www.uploading.com/files/LJVV0739/preview10_in_game.jpg.html

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Well down my baby its now in game  :P

it really looks awesome (for one of TBP's fighters).... as I already said I'll try it
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
[various posts about Bigoudi's English deleted]

Lest we forget people. I am moderator of this forum. As such I've just declared that this is not an English language tuition forum. If you wish to offer Bigoudi help with his English then email him directly. Now I'll hear nothing more about this or I will drop a big hammer on you for great justice.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
[Enflamatory posts by Bigoudi deleted]

Bigoudi, you are welcome to post on this forum but please do not make posts which will re-ignite the discussion about your English again. That has been dealt with. Now let's move on everyone.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Mungrel

i send here the ship if any want try

Yep, link please.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You do not need to replace ships.tbl, or in fact change ships.tbl in any way. Only replace aurora.pof by placing your new version in data/models

Offline Bigoudi

Yes IPAndrews Yes i understand this for sure its what i have do, you can see my *rar beta testing is there only floder.

my problemes is to place camera closer from ship in external view in game i can only change this in ships.tbl
i have try to edit this ships.tbl in a new floder called tables.

problemes is when i creat this new floder tables and put in the ships.tbl to change camera view game crash
at start.

(and any help about specular & env map in 3dsmax is really wellcome)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Yes IPAndrews Yes i understand this for sure its what i have do, you can see my *rar beta testing is there only floder.

my problemes is to place camera closer from ship in external view in game i can only change this in ships.tbl
i have try to edit this ships.tbl in a new floder called tables.

problemes is when i creat this new floder tables and put in the ships.tbl to change camera view game crash
at start.

(and any help about specular & env map in 3dsmax is really wellcome)
You shouldn't need to change that viewpoint unless the size of the model is significantly different.  Unless its a bounding box issue or something like that.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
The external view position is generated automatically based on model size. The bounding box as IceFire rightly points out. It's not stored in ships.tbl . The view distance stored in ships.tbl is for the tech room.

Offline Bigoudi

Ow ok uhm tks i have now to scale my ship 100 time to find good view lol  :sigh:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
As you scale up your ship, your bounding box will get bigger, thus your view will always end up at the same place. For some reason when your ship is being compiled it thinks it is bigger than it really is, and so does the game. Consult someone who knows how to convert models from 3D Studio using the plug-in and ask them to help you.

Offline Bigoudi

Uhm ok some new i have ask for help directly in moding forum.

someone have nicely explain to me how to make specular and else map on ship.

problemes is for now if i convert a *TGA to *DDS in DXT1 i see nothing anymore in game.
Ship is completly hide.

i use plugins from photoshp to convert my tga on dds dxt1 is here many option im a bit lost.

can folow from here my new topic.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,47771.0.html

Offline Bigoudi

Ok i have find why ship is not show that not a problemes.

the thing is i got now specular & environmental map on my ship tks again Water.

> For the environmental map you modify the alpha of PANELS-shine.dds -use DXT5 when saving <

just one last problemes where exactly i change this alpha for environmental map becose reflection on my ship
is really to high i just need know if i change this in photoshop or in 3dsmax 5 ?

where where tks pls.

Offline Bigoudi

Ok after many help from some pple.

i finaly know how to change environmental map strench & how to make this specular map.

2 thing resolved for one new problemes lol i will never come out.

finaly after specular enjoy on ship in game with envi... map i just feel something
bad on ship with specular really not same at else ship.

mean the specular dont rotate around ship when i rotate ship in every way, in ship database.
still specular stay from one point or mean something is reversed on specular. (see same on smoothing)

so now lol from what come this new problemes from 3dsmax or another prob with dxt converting
or ????!!!!!!. i have read many thing about this in moding forum from hard light well i have 32
page to read if any know from what come this specular problemes tks to reply.

this new beta include optimisation to 3350 face wrong specular & some litle reflect.

detail-1 -2 -3 is not modeling camera stay away from ship becose i dont want now texturing ship
with uvwunwarp, my 9 material cause bouding box problemes becose this the external camera stay far.

............to download ship go to end of forum a new relase is there.................

>> Specular problemes corrected now can watch beauty in game <<
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:52:51 pm by Bigoudi »

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
You need to merge these textures together. You have too many textures on this fighter. One is enough, two is pushing it for a fighter. The HTL renderer can render thousands of polygons, but it has difficulty with large numbers of textures.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Bigoudi

HI yes yes yes sure so many texture is not good i will change this in my next relase.

i got so many texture becose i hate use texporter to map a object and i dont know how to use.

hihihihi so i dont know when i want try to learn to use this texturing mode but many day :hopping: or probably many week i need.  :pimp:

it day i will try with a  :mad: BOX :mad2: for a first try is fine i hope so.

if i know how to texporter this ship i want try to put all used map in a 1024x1024 map.
    :shaking:
:shaking: :eek2: :shaking:           
    :shaking:

Offline Bigoudi

im a litle boring from this thing cant have anything proper.
maybe now probleme is not anymore unvrap uvw map.
prob is now this old thing about ship size the camera stay away in external view.
in a first time i mean got this becose i have 9 material on ship and differently smooth group on ship.
but no way i have export ship with a simple texture only one material and reset all smooth group,
reset X-form & reset uvw & material all was reseted, no way camera stay far.

I mean during modeling if we do something wrong is for ever.

i dont have find for now on any forum talking about this bouding box and ship size probleme now if any know