Author Topic: Other sentient races beyond GTVA space!  (Read 23855 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: Other sentient races beyond GTVA space!
With written records someone could tamper with them..yes..or misinterpret them...or when copying them change them a little to suite his POW.

It's happened before a lot.

But recordings? Who would ever tamper with them? If I make a copy of the 9/11 video news reports I won't change anything on it.. In thousands of years of copying do you really think hte next copy and the next and the next will be changed?

Now go slap yourself several times  :drevil:

With recordings you do have a point. Who would tamper with historical recordings. Well first off would they survive on whatever medium they're on? This has been addressed earlier in the thread, and yeah recordings would most likely survive and not degrade if kept properly. But, who would ever tamper with them? Well people probably wouldn't alter the original, but plenty of people today get copies of major historical **** today and alter the videos to suit they're purposes all the time...it's called youtube. Where you get this stupid **** (this is by far completely retarded with facts that back up the conspiracy from a stupid **** head who can fold a 20$ bill, forgot to mention 9+11=20). Reminds me of how 10+10=20.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
A funny thing, althought I think it was due to technical limitations, is that the planets in the cutscene don't get destroyed (apart from waves of heat/energy across the surface) or vaporized, they are just pushed away.  :lol:

They get vaporized too... remeber the "second", white blast..
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Kie99

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_qiWAgQeAVY

FS had some brilliant cutscenes.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
A funny thing, althought I think it was due to technical limitations, is that the planets in the cutscene don't get destroyed (apart from waves of heat/energy across the surface) or vaporized, they are just pushed away.  :lol:

No, they don't. They get pushed by the white blast, look at the right edge of the screen when it is occuring.

1 2 3 To provide some visual hints when seeing the cutscene.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:47:20 pm by Ghostavo »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Kie99

No, they don't. They get pushed by the white blast, look at the right edge of the screen when it is occuring.

That's just an effect to signify the end of the cutscene, similar thing's done for Hallfight.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Huh?

EDIT: We're mentioning the planets, not the corvettes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:54:10 pm by Ghostavo »

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
They get pushed becoause of the huge force involved...then they are engulfed in the whitness...what do you think happens to them there?

pushed, then vaporized...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
They get pushed becoause of the huge force involved...then they are engulfed in the whitness...what do you think happens to them there?

pushed, then vaporized...

Only if it is outside the cutscene, because they are pushed offscreen. They aren't covered in whiteness...

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
They are not pushed.They are Disintegrated.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
They are not pushed.They are Disintegrated.

The planets?

Again, watch the cutscene, watch the right edge of the screen, you'll see this getting pushed offscreen.

I have plans on making a campaign based on a new species. It has a storyline that will blow your mind.  ;7 Concept art for new ships and everything.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 08:20:39 pm by Vasudan Commander »