Author Topic: EHHH? Heat and aspect seekers.  (Read 14826 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: EHHH? Heat and aspect seekers.
You know if the shivans can make a star go nova. I bet they can probably officially blow up a planet, and i don't mean glassing the planet, i mean blowing it like deathstar style. Of course something on the order of a lot of saths and lucy's will be required to surround a planet sort of like with the capella star (but not using crappy subspace to blow up a planet). But why not? They're quite literally the destroyers. One ship as lowly as a lucy can glass a planet, and 80 saths can blow up a star. I'd think it's safe to say that the shivans can blow up planets.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Maybe they could warp and twist the core of a planet, making it collapse upon itself.

You know if the shivans can make a star go nova. I bet they can probably officially blow up a planet, and i don't mean glassing the planet, i mean blowing it like deathstar style. Of course something on the order of a lot of saths and lucy's will be required to surround a planet sort of like with the capella star (but not using crappy subspace to blow up a planet). But why not? They're quite literally the destroyers. One ship as lowly as a lucy can glass a planet, and 80 saths can blow up a star. I'd think it's safe to say that the shivans can blow up planets.

They actually didn't glass Vasuda Prime, they just destroyed every major city on the planet IIRC
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Quote from: FreeSpace 1 Command Briefings
All major Vasudan cities were leveled, and most of the landmass was rendered uninhabitable.

It's open to interpretation.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Well it was mainly through the use of beams and some shivan planet bombarding bombs. It only took one shivan ship to render vasuda uninhabitable regardless.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

:lol:

We should do a 300 campaign in Freespace XD

LOL, yea, 300 terrans against half a million shivans.

Sounds a little.....repetative. No shivans ever manage to hit me. They fly like drones. Especially basilisks and Aeshma's. :lol:

Ever notice how the shivans send wave after wave of fighters that keep getting annihilated by only a few wings of fighters (not to mention alpha one)? And they are supposed to be more powerful in every single way  :wtf:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ever notice that the Shivans have 80 Saths?

Idiot.

Ever notice how the shivans send wave after wave of fighters that keep getting annihilated by only a few wings of fighters (not to mention alpha one)? And they are supposed to be more powerful in every single way  :wtf:

strength in numbers.  :P

Ever notice that the Shivans have 80 Saths?

Idiot.

#3 :P

My point is that the shivans are really crappy pilots.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
#3 :P

Actually that's #4. :p

My point is that the shivans are really crappy pilots.

Doesn't matter if they have a zillion willing pilots? Plus, the Shivans can't respawn when they die, and also, they can't turn down the difficulty to
'Very Easy'.

[stateoftheobvious]which is why alpha one pwnz all. His weapon is the difficulty setting! [/stateoftheobvious]
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
So your telling us that you have difficulty at mega easy. :lol: Try it at hard. :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

not really, it happens in every difficulty. It's always you and your 30 second life span wingmen vs. dozens of waves of shivans. Hell, even the NTF did that too!
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Try it on Insane. I can't kill a wing of Maras on Insane. But I suck.

i can't kill a wing of maras on medium  :blah:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Once when i installed FS2 the difficulty was at insane. :blah: Me and my wing men were killed within a minute. :blah:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

how come people NEVER check the options the first time they ever play a game???
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Once when i installed FS2 the difficulty was at insane. :blah: Me and my wing men were killed within a minute. :blah:

Default it's at Easy.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I can take down two waves of Mara, based on the correct circumstances. I've done quite a bit of dogfighting, alone and on insane, against at least eight maras. I had a nice trick--try to kill one fighter at a time and use a support ship (or 20) as a decoy. Quite literally, I went up to the 20-some support ship in a single mission. They're invaluable as they're useless outside of making you a sitting duck for 30 seconds. Anyways--just keep moving at variable speeds (not just keeping at maximum throttle), drop your weapons energy and raise your engines energy. Afterburner bursts let you dodge missiles when you are low our out of CMs. Still, with about 10 minutes, you can destroy 20 maras. Some of them you just have to kill from a good distance (I prefer to approach from 1km out and fire two double-sets of a hornets or a full bank of rockeyes)... the rest you're dodging them and their shots.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.