Author Topic: Cheating in FSPort  (Read 12788 times)

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
I'm not sure where to put this question, since it's not related to an actual graphics or system question, but...

I was going into a single mission in the tech room, to do the infinite weapons in the main game secret (Enter a single mission, type www.volition-inc.com, ~w, ~i, quit mission, have infinite weapons in the main game until you restart the game)  and it wouldn't work.  Is there a method to do this?  Is there a way to go into the code for the game and force the values to not change?  I'm on Very Easy on the mission where you have to disable and disarm a Vasudan Hammer Of Light cruiser, and I can't freaking do it.  I want to cheat to do it, or at least, y'know, access some sort of setting where I can unlock all the missions as playable so I can skip the damn thing, and I can't.

Same question goes for FS2 Open... How do I cheat?

I know this practice is frowned upon, but I've beaten both games on my own back when they were released, but either the port, or something, has changed, and I can't beat them anymore... Help out an old man...

when using fsport, or any mods with it, you always use the freespace 2 cheats (www.freespace2.com). FSport is technically a mod for fsport, so you use that.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
It has to be the first part of a red-alert mission, IIRC.
:welcome: Terashell!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

damn...beat me to it...

i still like

more :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
I thought you could skip a mission if you failed it 5 times in a row?

you can
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
I thought you could skip a mission if you failed it 5 times in a row?

I'd rather actually succeed...  What I really need is invulnerability, heh... but that won't carry over.

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
Apparently, the codes don't want to work at all except for in the single missions.  Grrrr... Is there a way to edit the settings thing in the folder?  This mission is pissing me off.  I don't die, they just kill off the rest of my wing and I can't disable the damn ship because its firepower is obscene...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Which mission is this?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
"The Darkness and the Light"
You jump in, have to take out some Vasudan fighters, then disable and disarm a cruiser so that the GTVA can capture and interrogate the Hammer of Light members on board... Shivans jump in, which you have to destroy, along with the Tyrannis(sp?), a shivan cruiser which seems to defend the vasudan cruiser...

45 minutes in that mission before I got the engines down, and I can't get survive the sustained from both a Vasudan and Shivan cruiser in order to get the turrets out of the way... I was also told by command not to engage the Tyrannus(sp?)

Needs me my cheats...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Oh that. Just park way out from both cruisers, hammer any Shivan fighters that get too close, and wait for the Taranis to destroy the Ramses. You could alternatively hammer the Ramses during the moments before the Taranis arrives, making it easier for the Taranis to destroy the Ramses.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
Oh that. Just park way out from both cruisers, hammer any Shivan fighters that get too close, and wait for the Taranis to destroy the Ramses. You could alternatively hammer the Ramses during the moments before the Taranis arrives, making it easier for the Taranis to destroy the Ramses.

The Taranis doesn't seem to attack the Ramses... It just kinda floats there.  Should I just send my wing away before they all get killed after we get rid of the initial Vasudans?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Once you trash the Vasudans, and the Shivans arrive, draw your wing back to you, and keep away from the Taranis. That cruiser poses some threat to your wingmen. And it is attacking the Ramses, but blob turrets take forever. You might want to help it along by pounding the Ramses' bottom.

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
Okay, thanks for the help, I'll give it a shot.

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
I've never understood why the subject of cheating in single-player anything is so taboo, especially after beating the game in question about 100 times over.  I play around with the cheats all the time for fun and interesting side-effects... that and I find it absolutely hilarious to see a Perseus shredding multiple cap-ships with BFReds.

Anyway, the Freespace2 cheats are fully-functional in FS_Open, including FSPort.  Hit http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Cheats and you can do it all while continuing in the campaign to boot, unlike in retail FS1.

speaking of cheats, what is ~+U supposed to do?  I hit it every now and then by mistake when trying to hit ~+I, and oftentimes it crashes the game.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
Diablo, it says nothing about being able to continue in the game unless you do it before  a Red-Alert... and unfortunately, I'm passed the only Red-Alerts I know about... I'm at the point where I have to fly the Dragon and scan the Lucifer.  Not to mention I don't know how to go back to previous missions without using the mission simulator.

FSPort is FS2, where you can continue after cheating.  However, I think the ~+W cheat gets wiped after each mission.

There is no way to go back without using the simulator that I know of, besides hitting the replay mission button at the end of it.  As for the dragon mission, pull all power out of your weapons and into shields and engines.  Go into the fighterbay after scanning the lucifer, then fly like mad till your jumpdrive works, put all energy into shields and alt+j home.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
so the campaign will advance if I use the invulnerability code in Playing Judas (the Dragon-flight)?  That would be handy, I keep getting detected by the Arjuna wing...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
The ~+W doesn't get wiped, apparently. I ~+W for one mission and it worked on the next. Even though i didn't type www.freespace2.com second time around.