Author Topic: TIE Fighter (Completed)  (Read 22043 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It'd be nice if anyone could post a reference then.  I'm curious to know where it's claimed that they're solar panels, and where else they're claimed to be radiator panels.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
That site I posted said they're solar panels...

Of course they're solar panels, because the Empire was too cheap to tell Seinar to supply a full scale ion reactor (or whatever) and TIEs need the extra juice.
Also, ion engines point backward, emit nearly no radiation, and even if they did, nobody cares about the ships or pilots! TIEs are throw-away swarm fighters.

Finally, truly excellent work on the model dude.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Solar panels wouldn't do a damn thing to power a craft as powerful as a Star Wars fighter, even a rust-bucket TIE. We have feather-light solar cars covered in massive solar cell arrays and they can hit 50 mph on a good day. TIEs can pull thousands of Gs.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline aRaven

these aren't ordinary solar panels...these are STAR WARS solar panels...with a quantum efficiency of 100 < 1!!!!

or something like that :P

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Right.  Today's solar panels wouldn't produce enought energy to power a TIE.  But our fusion reactors don't put out enough energy to be worthwhile yet either.  Oh, and did I mention our lasers don't blow anything up?  (Almost, we're working on it...)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Right.  Today's solar panels wouldn't produce enought energy to power a TIE.  But our fusion reactors don't put out enough energy to be worthwhile yet either.  Oh, and did I mention our lasers don't blow anything up?  (Almost, we're working on it...)

They can poke holes in things, like tires or fuel canisters. THOSE go boom when used on.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ya... but it's not the laser itself that is vaping the object, it's the object's explosive power that is unleashed (ignited) with the laser.  You could have something entirely made out of steel, and hit it with an X-Wing bolt, here's betting it'd go boom... or at least splash!

Offline aRaven

remember, the star wars lasers are not real lasers, they are more like plasma bolts

Offline Topgun

You sacrileges fools! they're blasters not lasers!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Thanks for keeping this on topic guys =P
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You sacrileges fools! they're blasters not lasers!

No, the handheld weapons are blasters.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Okay, let's get this back on topic:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:26:37 pm by brandx0 »
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
You know brandx, you're torturing my juniors, because my lecturer saw your models, asked me to send her the screenies and then she's showing them to my juniors, saying that this is what a expert modeller can do, and making them more pressurised because now I see them trying to make equally detailed models.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

This fighter is looking better and better with every day.
One question: if you guys can crank out top-notch TIEs and X-Wings in a matter of days or weeks, can we get the mod soon?

...But our fusion reactors don't put out enough energy to be worthwhile yet either...
Considering our only fusion reactors are bombs, they create more than enough energy, but it's just not very worthwhile : (

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Models are on thing, changing the .tbl files and everything else is another matter all together ...

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
You know brandx, you're torturing my juniors, because my lecturer saw your models, asked me to send her the screenies and then she's showing them to my juniors, saying that this is what a expert modeller can do, and making them more pressurised because now I see them trying to make equally detailed models.

Wow, what school is this? hehe

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!

Wow, what school is this? hehe

School for Interactive Digital Media. We do games related stuff.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Wow, whereabouts is that?  Tell your lecturer to email me, we'll talk talk.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Singapore.  :lol: Faraway from you imo. I can ask her if she wants to mail you when i see her next time.

:lol: Maybe you can do a podcast lesson