Author Topic: TIE Fighter (Completed)  (Read 22045 times)

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
TIE Fighter (Completed)
Just cooked this up out of ISD-fatigue.  2 days modeling, 4k triangles:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 06:16:40 pm by brandx0 »
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Shade

Mmm, deathtrap :yes: (That's what a TIE is to the pilot, so that means I think you got it just right ;))
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
can i texture it?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
No =P

I wanna do it
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
That's the best looking TIE I've ever seen. The level of detail is incredible, and certainly warrants the use of 4k triangles. It's so sexy that I wouldn't mind flying it. Keep it up! I'm getting exited for this mod. 

You'll be in the mood to start ISD-ing soon enough. Big, uncompleted models ALWAYS call back to you.

Now go make the Interceptor. Shouldn't be too much work, considering the "wings" probably don't take too long to churn out anyway.  :D
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Good to hear that I could help increase your excitement.  What keeps me going on this mod? I'M excited to play this mod too.  Hehe

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Mm,,, doesn't the TIE have quad lasers?  IDK, but that's what I always thought...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
TIE/ln Fighters have 2 lasers mounted just below the cockpit, and TIE Interceptors have quad lasers on the wingtips.  At least in the older games.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I believe one of my coursemates has a model of one of the TIEs done in Maya. I'll ask for a couple of screenies for it if you wants.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Onto texturing (WIP):

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Very nice. I really can't wait for SW to be released.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
/me bows to superior modelling

Blows my TIE out of the water. Brilliant work.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Wow.  I knew you'd be good at texturing, but wow.  This is the first thing I've seen you texture so far.  Now I can't wait even more to see that finished ISD.

Can we get a high res up close render of that thing?  I wanna see some detail :)  Maybe like 1024 or something.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
When I'm finished the texture I'll get some higher res renders, but not until then.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ok, looks as if it does have only 2 lasers... this pic might help the mdelling, IDK: http://images1.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/09/TIEfighter_egvv.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIE_fighter also has a ton of info.. but I'm sure this is all old hat for you guys..

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The first thing is wrong. Those ARE NOT solar panels. They are radiation panels to absorb radiation from the Ion Engine(s)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I don't know what your source is, but it sounds like you agree with the SWTC, except I believe they're radiator panels to emit radiation.  And if you're arguing with that ortho shot from the EGVV, yeah we know, there's lots of bad information in those books, mostly regurgitated from the WEG material.  We mainly just use it for the blueprints themselves if they're good enough.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The first thing is wrong. Those ARE NOT solar panels. They are radiation panels to absorb radiation from the Ion Engine(s)

Really? I heard from somewhere (I can't remember) that they are indeed solar panels.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Topgun

they are solar panels. they are radiation thingys. just like those big balls on the ISD.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They're radiation panels from what I heard, but apparently I'm wrong. The main site actually states they're solar panels.

Whatever.