Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 222656 times)

Offline Foxer

• TerraNet @ www.FreeSpace.pl
Hey, I want to report myself as a host :).

Location is middle-europe, Poland. I'm hosting FS2 games only (no Mods or TCs).
Techs: FS2 Open's 3.6.9, 2048 KB/s down, 512 KB/s up.
See you in space.
Greetings, Foxer / {303}Foxer / FOXeR_mk
TerraNet FreeSpace.PL Forum | Squadron 303

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Hey, I want to report myself as a host :).

Location is middle-europe, Poland. I'm hosting FS2 games only (no Mods or TCs).
Techs: FS2 Open's 3.6.9, 2048 KB/s down, 512 KB/s up.
See you in space.

If you want to host first read this.

Just makes things easier to keep track of. Post in the topic I linked to. This is also because I need more info than you gave me. Thanks! :D
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Shade

Very short notice, I know, but I only just decided to do it. I'm going to host a few games tonight, starting approximately now. Not going to be playing all night (well probably, but who knows?), but there's nothing on TV and so I feel like a little FS2 instead.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm going to be starting my game about 15 minutes late, as I have some things to take care of first. I'll verify in advance that the port forwarding is working correctly this time.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Hey I might play, but don't get mad if i lag, my internet has been lagging for 2 days. :(
And i am on a new mouse.(Old one malfunctioned).
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Server is up.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I guess I missed your game. Did anyone else show up?

It's just as well, as FS2Net has been a PITA to work with today, much more so than usual. I wasn't able to host a single game without getting a CTD when I started the game. Shade got them too but only about 50% of the time, so we were still able to get a few good games in.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
One other person joined, he left during the first game.

Offline Shade

Anyone up for a few games later tonight? I've got a late start tomorrow so I'm willing to host if there's interest, and hopefully with less problems than we had yesterday :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yes like when the host started FS2 shut down for him. :blah:
I will join.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Shade

Excellent :) Will try to start about half an hour from now, then.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'll put your game up. How long ill it run?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I should be able to come for a while. Hopefully we won't run into that crash on mission start issue again. I can try hosting if needed, as I'm back in Princeton now and have my main computer available.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Now?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, I meant if it doesn't work for him.

Offline Shade

Starting the game now.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I should be able to host on 10/02/07 at 1:00 AM GMT (10/01/07 at 9:00 PM EST)... If I'm not there, I'll probably be about an hour late... :/  But I will be there.  If I can, I'll try to be half an hour early.  Use this notifier app for FS... you can configure it to make a sound when something is typed...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Game addifieded!...ed. :nervous:

Offline Shade

This would be in about 5 minutes, correct? The whole mess with summer time always confuses me when I do time zone conversions, there's like 5 different possible results from any given time in GMT, depending on who you ask :p

[Edit] Never mind, just got my question answered.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 08:03:15 pm by Shade »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
* jr2 waits to toast ppl with his new XBOX 360 controller + Logitech LX 710 keyboard / laser mouse combo... ;7  The game has been up for 10 mins.. :sigh: