Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221509 times)

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Lolz :) Go a LITTLE bit easy on me I am not used to Player vs Player... I am usually good when I'm in a team but not solo :(
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
I need to verify my ports, as the server that port tester program connects to is down. I'll start it in a few minutes.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Woot! I can't wait to play! this day RULES!
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
It seems like I might be having some issues. I'll start up a game but I'm not sure if it will work. Post here if you can't see it.

Offline Shade

And it's running.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Just in case, here is the list of standard VP files for FS2 -- anything else will give you the "Hacked tables" warning on MP.
Code: [Select]
Root_fs2.vp
smarty_fs2.vp
sparky_fs2.vp
sparky_hi_fs2.vp
stu_fs2.vp
tango1_fs2.vp
tango2_fs2.vp
tango3_fs2.vp
warble_fs2.vp

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
:'( It says I am missing some ship designs or w/e :'(

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Good game. I always need to quit after a few cause we eat at that time.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
For reference, your options should look like this:

EDIT: cole, should I make a version of this pic that you can stick in the front page?  If so, did I get everything right, or are there some options that need changing?  - srry, that was already done, silly me.  :sigh:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:40:28 pm by jr2 »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You showed me that months ago. Look at my first post.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Oh... you're right, sorry, I forgot.  :rolleyes:  I thought perhaps Aphil's problem was he couldn't get a mission that you guys were playing.. OK, Aphil, can you follow the instructions under Troubleshoot FS2: MD5, as well as Post FS2 Tree, in my sig?

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Alright I will :)

Ok heres the text it gave me.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 08:51:59 pm by Aphil »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
NEVER use D3D. D3D is no longer supported and is as slow as hell.

EDIT: Wow. Lots of errors.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 09:10:25 pm by colecampbell666 »

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Well that ****ty OpenGL won't work good either... The mous is all screwed up and I can't see **** in a dogfight... literally its all black except for my hud...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
There was something about animated cursors not working. You'd be better off posting in the SCP forum.

I'm going to bed now. I'll try to help in the morning.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Good game. I always need to quit after a few cause we eat at that time.

I usually just eat sometime during the games. Today it was during that STV Gauntlet run, after I dropped out and became an observer. There was plenty of time for it, as Shade and Castor seemed to have tons of respawns left even though the rest of us were dead. :D

I generally need to stop playing by around 8:15 EST / 1:15 GMT, as I'm used to sleeping in two four-hour shifts, one from about 8:20 to 12:00 my time, and find that I oversleep or can't sleep at all if I wait too long. :p

On a side note, I would suggest you remove the ASCII graphics in that signature. It's making your posts annoying to read or scroll through, including the schedule. :p There is a reason signature images are disabled around here.

Well that ****ty OpenGL won't work good either... The mous is all screwed up and I can't see **** in a dogfight... literally its all black except for my hud...

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date. There is probably not much you can do beyond that, as it's obviously related to the age of your hardware in some way. You might be best off waiting until you get that new computer in two weeks, which should fix all of your problems.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:50:33 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
IF I even get one... its all dependant on how my parents feel about how I do in school >.<

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
One thing that you may want to do is look on NCIX.com. They have HUGE savings on right now. 4 Gb of DDR2-800 for 110$.

On a side note, I would suggest you remove the ASCII graphics in that signature. It's making your posts annoying to read or scroll through, including the schedule. :p There is a reason signature images are disabled around here.
I spent two hours making that!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, it's pretty obnoxiously large and colorful considering that it's in all of your posts. :p Make the thing smaller, at least.

I looked over that Breaking the Seal mission in the editor. Disabling the Sathanas won't work, since there are repair-subsystem events that bring its engines back up when it's supposed to leave. It basically leaves at either the 29 minute mark in the mission or if a another condition come first: 18 minutes after its arrival minus one minute per player, with one minute gained if the nav is destroyed and another minute for the engines. I think the 29 minute condition has usually come first for us though. This is essentially a four player mission, as the Seraphims (which make it just about impossible) only come when more are present. I think three bombers and one fighter should be able to do it if things are coordinated correctly. The other enemy fighters don't pose much of a threat and the Sathanas isn't well armed in the front once those flak turrets are gone.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Maybe next week?