Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 222400 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
if any ones up for it im in to playing wednesday night 9pm gmt , a few people have said they will be there so if ur up for it ill c u there  :D
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
For once I'm going to make it - I'm homework free! (sorta)
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline captain-custard

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
 :nod:  :nod:  :nod:   its saturday ......yay    ;)  :D  ;)  :D  ;)  :D  ;)  :D  ;)  :D
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Dammit. I'm about 30 mins from having an 8 player gauntlet mission completed and I only have 5 left in which to work on it before we start :p Ah well. Maybe if you guys don't mind a lack of briefing and a placeholder debriefing we can try it anyway and see how many mistakes I've made since I haven't had time to test it :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
*nods*

*waits*
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Post it up here for next time. It sounds like we'll have a couple of new things to play then. :) I'll also get the two others you posted earlier and the one ShivanSpS mentioned.

I'll ask Taylor to put that Dragon's Teeth conversion up on the server as well, so there will be more than just Black Omega to play when we get a lot of people.

Offline captain-custard

cool more missions thats ace guys :D  ;)  :D  ;)  ;)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The 12-player Dragon's Teeth should now be validated. :) This should clear up the immediate issue of having no real co-op to play when a lot of people come. If you don't have it, it's available here.

At some in the future, we should probably look over the existing missions and fix the most glaring bugs in them (like the unprotected freighters in Robin Hood), and maybe also remove some stuff that doesn't really belong there (Black Omega and one or two others).

Offline captain-custard

its wednesday night if any one is free , even if its for bug testing a multi ill be online from 9pm gmt .........

;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

Offline Shade

At some in the future, we should probably look over the existing missions and fix the most glaring bugs in them (like the unprotected freighters in Robin Hood), and maybe also remove some stuff that doesn't really belong there (Black Omega and one or two others).
I'm with you on that. Most of those fixes are 5 minute jobs for bugs that should never have gotten through alpha-testing anyway :p

I'm also thinking that once we have the fixes done and the new/modified missions that are in the works are done and validated, we should compile a new VP instead of just releasing the missions seperately, and then get validation removed for unfixable/terminally flawed missions (*cough* Black Omega *cough*). Which reminds me, there's also some garbage in the current VP that doesn't belong there at all (at least 3 half-finished single player missions, for example), which is another good reason to just redo it from scratch.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, we might as well recompile the VP once we have some of these things settled. The current one was made by Hunter, and as far as I can see he just packed up everything that happened to be in his missions folder. :p

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
*waits for Saturday game*
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I will join you tonight hopefully. If I lag it is because of my Anti-Virus, which craped out on me a few weeks back... :ick:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'll start it up in a few minutes. Just need to take care of something.

Offline Shade

Oops, almost forgot to post that gauntlet mission. It's barely changed from last week due to lack of any free time to improve it in, but at least I added a quick briefing which is mostly copy/pasted from STV gauntlet :p

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I was about to ask about that actually. I'm grabbing all the missions posted earlier in this thread before I start.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Someone else has a game up but we're waiting for you, CP

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Sorry for the delay, my mouse was acting funny and I had to reboot a few times to get it fixed. I'm starting it now.

Offline captain-custard

waits like a faithful puppie , ....; and no it wasnt me who crapped behind the sofa  :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
For some reason I cannot see any servers...
EDIT: I might need the 3.6.10 files, **** now I am downloading them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 03:34:41 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL