Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221424 times)

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
So I go to the browser button on top of the launcher and change to fs2_open_3_6_10-20071007T ? I did that and the graphics don't look any differetn, and in which version do people play more?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
You have to select your mod folder under the "MOD" tab as mediavps. And make sure that you have the 3.6.10 Beta MediaVPs.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

When I try to join a server it says "You have been rejected because the game is not in an appropriate state to accept" what does that mean?

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
When I try to join a server it says "You have been rejected because the game is not in an appropriate state to accept" what does that mean?

It depends. You see...you will always receive that message when the server is : playing, briefing, or debriefing.

In game joining is not possible (at least at the moment I think). 

You can only join a server if it is forming.

HAH, how's that for helping people Lobo, Cole, and all you other helpers???? (I'm on my way :D)
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

It depends. You see...you will always receive that message when the server is : playing, briefing, or debriefing.

HAH, how's that for helping people Lobo, Cole, and all you other helpers???? (I'm on my way :D)
Good, but needs work.

You cannot join a game when it is in progress, as of now. You must join when it is in the forming stage, otherwise you will get a message, as will we (the players). If you keep trying, it spams us with failed join messages, and thus is quite annoying.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir

this means in one way or another the game has already started , so you will have to wait until they have finished or if they decide to restart the game so that you can join ...........
So I go to the browser button on top of the launcher and change to fs2_open_3_6_10-20071007T ? I did that and the graphics don't look any differetn, and in which version do people play more?

if your using media vps and an xt build you can also use the selection " use normal maps ", but this will mean you need a good computer/ graphics card because your framerate will drop , and if playing multiplayer your stats wont save,

for the latest multi builds look here

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53508.msg1082018.html#msg1082018

good luck.......

maybe your on your way but im sure the straight jacket should be a little tighter

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Whats that supposed to mean? :wtf:   ( :()
What's up?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
A post you made in the FS3 thread.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

In 3.6.10 builds those playing will get a message that someone knocked if they try to join a game which is already playing (or at least the server will. Can't remember if the players do). So if you're expected you might want to try to join once even though you won't succeed in order to let people know you're there.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

In 3.6.10 builds those playing will get a message that someone knocked if they try to join a game which is already playing (or at least the server will. Can't remember if the players do). So if you're expected you might want to try to join once even though you won't succeed in order to let people know you're there.
QFT. But don't try more than once or twice, or it will spam the game with 2 messages each time.

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
 :sigh:
What's up?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
1:20 'till game time.

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Yo Bubs, sho's hosting the game tonight and what build!!! 
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'll host, 3.6.10.

I used this build last time, it worked good.

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
okay - what time? got a couple of peeps on the games viewer. Shade seems to be on it too but unresponsive...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I can start now.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'll be back in 20 minutes.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I can host.

And who's that Craig guy?

EDIT: We're using 3.6.9.

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Good game tonight guys. Good to see some new faces! Zulu, Pao, Surfer, Lama! Do come back next week. Also - good to see u back Shade!! We missed u!!

andi: played a match today, scored a quickfire 20!!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Very good game, large turnout. Until Wednesday/Saturday, Adieu!