Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221433 times)

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Sigh.... :sigh: When can we all meet once again? I haven't played Freespace in days.... :ick:
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
I'll have nothing this weekend; EXAMS WILL BE OVER!!!

W00T!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Im free also...
What's up?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Alright the newer 3.6.10 builds should be able to login to FS2netD again (thanks to Taylor for this).  Older XT build still work but if you are using a non XT build from before today you may need this config file. 

3.6.10 builds still have the same restrictions for MediaVPs.  You can use them but stats won't save. 

Also I think it would be a good idea to post the version you are using if you are hosting to keep everyone on the same page.  It's not required that you run the same build as the server but I think running the latest build possible that works on both server and client would help track down both old bugs and any new ones. 

Almost forgot it would also be helpful to post a link to the build for others to grab quickly. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:40:50 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Thanks to an improvised hosting by Mig-29 (who i think is not in this forum yet) we had a little game today, was quite fun but needed more people...

I hope the saturday game happens, and that we all agree on a 3.6.10 build to check out.

EDIT: i've been wondering for a while... this seems to happen to me a lot, every time we end a game in 3.6.9 i get a "time out" from the server and my stats wont save... not using mediavps and i don't have the hacked tables message either... what could be the cause of this? i would like to get this fixed because i had the same promotion 5 times already and achieved double ace twice already and it wont save  :ick:
Signed, me

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
So what's a good build for Saturday? I'll probably be hosting.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'm going to rewrite the post, but am waiting on MatthewPapa for permission to use his FAQ.

Would a Multiplayer Portal on the Wiki be a good idea? Get rid of everything here except the calendar and a link to the Portal?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Sounds like a good idea for 3.6.9 but I'm not sure about 3.6.10 since it can change a lot more.  Could always unsticky the current thread after the Wiki is ready and then make a new one with calendar, Wiki link, and 3.6.10 instructions. 

Been thinking about splitting the current thread just to eliminate all the junk anyway but haven't had the time.  A new one with all the needed info would be even better.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Shade

Would a Multiplayer Portal on the Wiki be a good idea?
Perhaps first checking the wiki to see if there already is one and has been for nearly a year would be a good idea? ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yea but all that does is give a brief description and point you right back to the forums.  It would be nice if it had the full instructions for getting 3.6.9 running and then a link to instructions for newer builds which would be in this forum.

Offline Shade

Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yes.  Click on the FS2NetD link and you'll see what I am talking about.  Just a description of the service but no real instructions.  But I do see what you mean.  If you go to the technical section an click on getting started then you do get the info.  That needs to be referenced better in the Wiki for FS2netD. 

What if all the necessary info including the calendar was moved into the Wiki then referenced by a stickied thread.  Information for the game could still be posted in this forum.  One thread per game would probably be a better way to go than 43 pages of who knows what to sort through. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:24:28 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Shade

Sounds reasonable enough having a link to the guide in the FS2NetD article itself. Added :) And having the page for the calendar on the wiki sounds good to me too. Could link it from the community section of the nab bar so it's directly accessible from the portal as well as from a sticked thread here.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 05:51:00 am by Shade »

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
You guys played yesterdai????
What's up?

Offline Shade

I didn't. And I probably won't until this european football championship is over heh. It's far too good to miss ;)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I went to a movie.

Anyone up for tonight?

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I might try to get in there for my first mission

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
well, i am up for tonight... but i am not sure what time....  could  you be more specific?  :D
Signed, me

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
I'm on now...
What's up?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Dang. Just got home again, went ATVing. Sorry guys, I'll make it top priority next week.