Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 222782 times)

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
That was fast COLE...and Mura..can you play in 1- 1 1/2 hours?

EDIT: ZOMFGZORZ@ Where the hell is everyone????/ I'm ready..someone host in the next hour okie? Kthxbai! ^^
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:25:05 pm by GTSVA »
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
hosting games up now

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Good game Ceze, Wedge, Blue Lion, and Tarantula. ;) :nod:
What's up?

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Not bad for an ol fogie ;)

Offline Tantalus53

• That one guy with the thing
    • Steam
Good game Ceze, Wedge, Blue Lion, and Tarantula. ;) :nod:

Hoi! I heard that!

Imma get you next time. Your on my hit list with Hippo.

And not so bad yourselves  :yes:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
http://www.freespacefaq.com/Misc-Downloads/Builds/Scoring-Changes.7z

That is the build for this weekend. I'll be delayed by about 20 minutes, I'll start in 25.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
DAMN...I can't make it this time...sorry...
What's up?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
That's OK, I couldn't host anyway.

Wow. This has really fallen apart since CP left, and Flint is nowhere to be found. Shade hosts a lot, although he seems not to every week, and I barely make it.

Offline Shade

It did this last summer as well. It's natural, people play more when it's cold and dark outside. There has also been a certain build confusion along with problems with the stats server, which hasn't made things better, but 3.6.10 seems to work fine now and stores stats as well, so that should eventually clear up. As for the reason I wasn't playing the last couple of weeks, that was due to the Euro 2008 football championship, which will cease to be an issue after this Sunday. I may still not make it every week, but I should make most :)

And besides, we got 5 people playing over the course of the evening, and there were another 5 playing BtRL at the same time, so fallen apart is not quite accurate ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
sorry guys for me not being in lately , have been on tour and have had shows every weekend for the last six weeks, i normaly dont have a show this saturday (unless one gets sold in the next few days)

i think aswell as the build confusion there has been a time confusion between bst and gmt and other timezone changes.........

so if there is any interest in a game this saturday ill try to be online at 9pm gmt.....

please im or mail me if ppl are going to be there,

later
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
What happened to Flint?

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
I wouldn't mind playing along. But what exact do I need? I've got the account, I can log into PXO. Are there any rules about what build or mediavps I can use or have to use? I've read up on it and I haven't found any definite answer. I know the first page explains it, but I wanna make sure it hasn't changed since then! Already using the XT build, with a mish-mash of the beta mediaVPS and the .9 version; I'm just using the new the new mv_assets that replaces mv_models and mv_textures. Would that be a problem?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
No, read this. You need an FS2NetD account, and FreeSpace Open. You need the 3.6.10 Beta MediaVPs, and a recent 3.6.10 build (of which Xt is not) to have stats save. I'd suggest the first recommended build in my signature.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
i dont know what happened to flint , ill try and email him know , but it is summer and cricket season and if he is playing away games and then cerebrating the victory then theres little chance he will be in or in a fit condition to play saturday night ( taking from past experiences)
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Sorry, confused the PXO thingy - I did make an FS2net account, and I've logged on to check if it worked, and it did. I've gotten the latest mediaVPS now and tried the build you recommended... Surely it can't be that you have to play without normal maps to play multiplayer?  :wtf:

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
The XT 03/14 build should work if you want normal maps.  Stats do not save with any MediaVP's enabled though. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Yeah, in order for stats to save you have to use a recent build, of which 3/14 is not. I think that the newest kara build is the only legal one, having the new assist code.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I'm on now running that build (see the Saturday game thread I don't have a link right now).
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, in order for stats to save you have to use a recent build, of which 3/14 is not. I think that the newest kara build is the only legal one, having the new assist code.

WMC's latest build should also have it since the code for it is in SVN.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Hey Guys! It's Flint - I'm back :-) I got a bit fed up of noone turning upto the Saturday and Wednesday games!! What happened to the good old days with CP or Shade hosting! I'll be hosting a game tonight (Monday at 9pm BST / 10pm GMT / 9pm Europe Time) to start things off again for me! COME ALONG! I miss this ****....
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT