Author Topic: World in Conflict  (Read 6516 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
It got 93%(I think) in the last issue of Swedish PC-Gamer and they are generally pretty hard with the grading (But then again its a swedish game so it might be a bit bias I dont know ;-) )

Anyway looks good *Another Game To Buy*

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I said trailer, not intro. Moreover, that title isn't as uncontested as you make it seem. I believe Dawn of War puts up a good fight, and then there's the uncut Freelancer intro.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Sure DoW intro is well made and looks cool and has da orks and gore and space marines etc. So, like, way cool. But other than that, I don't really understand why people love it THAT much. It doesn't really tell any deeper story. Sure it's short and compact introduction in to warhammer universe, but thats all.

The uncut Freelancer intro on the other hand is a completely different story. It also is a well made, and cool and stuff. The story it tells, has enough substance for another game. So it covers a lot of territory. It gives alot to think. It is interesting.

But I-War intro is the greatest. It really is like a mini movie. It may not look as cool nowdays as some other intros. But but "camerawork", acting and script far surpass any intro I've seen. It tells what's the game about and introduces Jefferson Clay and what he's about. It really is something special.
Like the game itself.

Trailers and teasers I don't go into. IMO they can't be rated against eachother because there's ****load of them, and they usually are pretty awesome, often have interesting/clever/cool ideas/gimmicks.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
MechCommander 1 intro > I-War intro.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
MechCommander 1 intro > I-War intro.

Oh, no, it doesnt.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Guess what? It's also got a horrible, game crippling, performance degrading form of copy protection

http://www.massgate.net/read.php?3,29121

EDIT:
And here's my awesome responce to this

http://www.massgate.net/read.php?3,29121,32175,page=7#msg-32175
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 02:25:24 am by Kosh »
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
EDIT:

Bonus points for using the phrase "tide of darkness" in a proper context. :yes:

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Sure.

A Feddie Story

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I forgot how good the Magnum PI theme was to be honest, used to watch it as a kid and it was a serious nostalgia boost to hear it again :)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
World in Conflict just got released yesterday, an' I picked up me copy o' th' Collector's Edition not two hours ago.  A very nice cloth an' cardboard box, complete with a host o' swag an' a piece o' th' Berlin Wall, very nice indeed.

Anyone else picking it up?

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
It rocks is all I can say
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
It has admiral Aken Bosch in it :p
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
completed singleplayer, was kinda dissapointed about the length :(
I hate My signature!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I've been playing it off and on, I really like it. It's the only strategy game since Homeworld 1 to actually get me interseted in the story and feel like there were actual people doing it (the characters are well-made and believable, and the multiplayer is absolutely awesome - calling in artillery support from one of your support buddies so that your airborne can advance up a hill is awesome.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I just got the demo and I have to say I'm hugely impressed on every level. Although the download size is large (1.2gb for a demo..) I suppose that's nothing to be suprised about these days. What you get for that is just fantastic... the full training mission plus a level that's fun to play, gives you a chance to try out a lot of the features of the game as well as full voice acting and all the other stuff (in short, nothing is turned off, just because it's a demo version).

The engine itself seems very customizable and I was able to take it from a juddery mess on full detail and turn a few things off to create something that still looked fantastic but ran silky smooth. Compared to Medal of Honor: Airborne which I also recently tried out, this has a wealth of options in that dept (whereas MOH:A continues to be so juddery that I've pretty much given up on it).

I'll be getting this ASAP.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Note minor spoilers below:

I really liked the cutscenes. The characters were very well animated. Small gestures and stuff that is usually lacking made them very life like. The characters were also well written. I was moved by what happened to Bannon. But it got a bit messed when you flashback to Europe and get reminded what an annoying whiner he was.

The gameplay is pretty basic Ground Control for the most part. Nothing special about that. But one major difference is that the action feels more real, and the tactics and strategies make more sense since they are based on real world. While in both GC's you ended up just driving tanks around the map against a overwhelming enemy with nearly unlimited resources that could have killed everyone at any second if it had the guts to do it.
So generally, more fun to play than GC.

I especially liked how infantry is much more versatile this time. Not just dudes nibbling health bar from a tank bit by bit. I got surprised how I once ended up with lots of infantry (Norwegian paratroopers). and decided to get rid of them by making a very Russian charge at some hardpoint. Well the infantry swept pretty much over all opposition while few supporting light armors ended up heavily damaged.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Guess what? It's also got a horrible, game crippling, performance degrading form of copy protection

http://www.massgate.net/read.php?3,29121

EDIT:

Oh. Well, I've already downloaded the demo, so too late for me it seems.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.