Author Topic: Damage shown for ships has errors  (Read 1540 times)

Damage shown for ships has errors
During gameplay, whenever there is a ship that has been hit, the damage shows up as large white blocks instead of flames. Unless this topic has already been listed, ignore this topic and redirect me. Thank you for any help which you can provide. :)

Below is a list of whatever I am using to run the game.

fs2_open_3_6_9-INF.exe
Enabled specular, glow maps, environment maps, jpg/tga textures, mipmapping, missile lighting, and features for Babylon Project.
Custom Flags: -ambient_factor 65

I am using the following video customization.

Graphics: Direct 3D8
Adapter : ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
Resolution: 1024x768
Color Depth: 32-bit
Antialiasing: D3DMULTISAMPLE_NONE
It's pretty hard to be efficient without being obnoxious. - Kin Hubbard

Man cannot live by incompetence alone. - Laurence J. Peter

If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research. - Wilson Mizner

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Damage shown for ships has errors
Hrm... D3D isn't officially supported... can you try OGL?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Damage shown for ships has errors
If you cannot switch to OpenGL for any reason try the fix from this thread:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48032.0.html

sry I had no time to update this and asteroid-explosions will still be giant white squared floating around ...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."