Author Topic: Portal: First Slice freeeeeeeee!!!  (Read 3651 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Portal: First Slice freeeeeeeee!!!
I already have orange box, but portal first slice is for free for anyone with an nvidia graphics card.

For free upon completion of making a steam account and equipped with an nvidia graphics card

Limited time only...thought other people would appreciate this.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: Portal: First Slice freeeeeeeee!!!
Any idea what exactly goes into Portal: First Slice? I'm still getting it either way so thanks for that :D

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It seems to be a demo containing the first 10 missions if what I've heard is to be trusted.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I think what is heard can be trusted since the link and ad is on the steam site.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Nonono, the cake was mine, these are my slices... :(
-C

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Nonono, the cake was mine, these are my slices... :(

There is no cake the cake is a lie....
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Well now...what's steam?

something tells me i made an incredibly stupid question. But i wouldn't be me if i didn't ask stupid questions.

After reading the description it sounds pretty kickass. But what else is it not telling me?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Well now...what's steam?

something tells me i made an incredibly stupid question. But i wouldn't be me if i didn't ask stupid questions.

After reading the description it sounds pretty kickass. But what else is it not telling me?

What it's not telling you is that you have to have an active internet connection to play the games you've purchased.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

are you kidding me? why?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
are you kidding me? why?

Because you're guilty until proven innocent in their eyes (Piracy).  Also, it's much easier for them to push out updates.

Personally, I like Steam, but I can see why those who don't have a constant connection or travel a lot wouldn't.
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

ditto to both of those.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Because you're guilty until proven innocent in their eyes (Piracy).  Also, it's much easier for them to push out updates.

Personally, I like Steam, but I can see why those who don't have a constant connection or travel a lot wouldn't.
I was under the impression there was an offline mode that kicks in when you don't have an active connection at the time of startup.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
There is an offline mode for steam. You have to click remember password and username, and then you should be able to use it offline. If that's not it, then try getting a steam emulator/simulator so that your games think you have steam.

SMBFD

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

I was under the impression there was an offline mode that kicks in when you don't have an active connection at the time of startup.

I haven't used it in a while, but last I checked it had to check in, and if it lost connection after that, you could go into an offline mode.  You couldn't just start in offline mode and play to your hearts content, you have to log into the Steam servers at some point in the process.

Of course, like I said, I haven't used Offline Mode in a while.  Too bad I'm not at home to test it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:57:29 pm by Swantz »

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Sphynx

This may be a stupid question but... once I've accepted the offer... how do I play?
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

you finished downloading it right?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Sphynx

I'm not sure. I accepted the offer, and then I couldn't find it anywhere available to download. Please be forgiving and understand, I'm not the most savvy with this sort of thing?

Thanks S-99, always wanted to play Portal, but I was a little leery of the Orange Box (think he should get it, but doesn't think it's worth it ... heresy I know).

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
(think he should get it, but doesn't think it's worth it ... heresy I know).
Orange Box running in a pipe and shooting stuff. If one likes such activities, then it's worth getting. But don't expect anything spectacular.

Portal on the other hand is a more interesting game. The idea is neat, and the portal gun is fun.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Sphynx

Okay, I figured it out. Never mind my previous request!