Author Topic: Just wondering...  (Read 2033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Vortex

  • 25
My knowledge of single campaigns is severely limited so if someone already has created this campaign sorry. What if the Shivans never interfered with the Terran-Vasudan War and the war lasted until present Fs2 time with no side gaining any big advantage. You play the invincible Alpha 1 out to kick some Vasudan arse (or vica versa). Assume that somehow both sides have discovered shields, beam weaponary, flak guns, etc. I would think there would be a lot of new weapons and ships since anything Terran-Vasudan would be inapplicable.

Another question: If you could warp back to Fs1 and bring with you any Fs2 ship, fleet, whatever, assuming that the Shivans never interfere, what would you need to bring back with you to make the Terrans the absolute dominating force. Personally I think one fully equipped Hecate would do the job.
Proud member of the Combathawks and Silver Talon Wing
100th gany victim
143rd person to reach commodore (without cheating)
------------------------
SPAM!  SPAM! SPAM! Hit your post button pilot! hehehe... :drevil:
------------------------
"To have may be taken from you; to have had, never. Far better to have tasted love before dying than to die alone."

                                          Vintar

 

Offline Nico

  • Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
  • 212
Quote
Originally posted by Vortex
My knowledge of single campaigns is severely limited so if someone already has created this campaign sorry. What if the Shivans never interfered with the Terran-Vasudan War and the war lasted until present Fs2 time with no side gaining any big advantage. You play the invincible Alpha 1 out to kick some Vasudan arse (or vica versa). Assume that somehow both sides have discovered shields, beam weaponary, flak guns, etc. I would think there would be a lot of new weapons and ships since anything Terran-Vasudan would be inapplicable.

Another question: If you could warp back to Fs1 and bring with you any Fs2 ship, fleet, whatever, assuming that the Shivans never interfere, what would you need to bring back with you to make the Terrans the absolute dominating force. Personally I think one fully equipped Hecate would do the job.


hmm, one hecate? two typhons would eat it...
SCREW CANON!

 

Offline Skippy

  • 210
  • It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
And 1 Colossus would cut the 2 Typhons in pieces :p
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

 

Offline Ulundel

  • Big press poppa
  • 210
Quote
Originally posted by venom2506


hmm, one hecate? two typhons would eat it...


With lasers? You must be kidding?

 

Offline Wildlife

  • Dark Agent
  • 25
    • s00n
Having the T-V war go on for another 32 years without any shivans and still have flak and beams and shields, sounds a bit erm desperate and silly to me :p.

I think i better story will be to have another T-V war :), with no shivans and depending on Alpha 1's actions during missions actually can change the final outcome of the mission like the terrans win eliminating the whole vasudan race, or vasudans win by creating a terran plague.  :cool:
Nag..Nag Bloody NAG!!

Texture Artist for The Babylon Project

Texture Artist for  Dark Alliance

Texture Artist for Alternate Paths

Texture Artist for  The 158th

Texture Artist for  Over The Top


 
Quote
And 1 Colossus would cut the 2 Typhons in pieces


One Colossus would cut the entire FS1 Vasudan Navy to pieces. Acually it might not be able to if the Vasudans start to ram it
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

 

Offline Nico

  • Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
  • 212
Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Quote
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve


With lasers? You must be kidding?


nope: with bombers and harbingers :p
the destroyer by itself is nothing, it's the bomber wings that will make the difference. One Hecate is a joke. Hell, the NGTA would have kept the colossus behind and sent more bomber wings, the first sathanas would have be destroyed as easily.
SCREW CANON!

 

Offline Alikchi

  • Neo-Terran
  • 210
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I'd have no problem with just bringing back say..4 or 5 Aeolus cruisers, with a single Deimos..beams cut FS1 capships to peices, and the fighters back then weren't made to last against flak and beams..try flying an Athena against a Deimos. You'll understand. (It hurts.)
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

 

Offline Mad Bomber

  • Booooom
  • 210
I'd agree with Alikchi, except that using that many Aeoluses would be kinda wasteful, seeing as how there were only 2 dozen to start with (most of which were blown away in the NTF war or at Capella).

Personally I think using some [p1mp]GTC Peleus[/p1mp] cruisers would be a viable alternative, especially since they're cheaper yet just as effective :D

(info on the Peleus can be found in my sig)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

 

Offline Nico

  • Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
  • 212
Quote
Originally posted by Alikchi
I'd have no problem with just bringing back say..4 or 5 Aeolus cruisers, with a single Deimos..beams cut FS1 capships to peices, and the fighters back then weren't made to last against flak and beams..try flying an Athena against a Deimos. You'll understand. (It hurts.)


mmh, try an ursa against a deimos then: dead deimos :p
And the valkyrie owns the perseus :)
SCREW CANON!

 

Offline Grey Wolf

Quote
Originally posted by Alikchi
I'd have no problem with just bringing back say..4 or 5 Aeolus cruisers, with a single Deimos..beams cut FS1 capships to peices, and the fighters back then weren't made to last against flak and beams..try flying an Athena against a Deimos. You'll understand. (It hurts.)
Actually, I have. It's actually quite fun.  Of course, I upgraded it afterwards.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

 

Offline Ulundel

  • Big press poppa
  • 210
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Quote
Originally posted by venom2506

One Hecate is a joke. Hell, the NGTA would have kept the colossus behind and sent more bomber wings, the first sathanas would have be destroyed as easily.


Hecate won't be a joke if I'm Alpha 1!!!

  

Offline adwight

  • Neo-Terran
  • 28
  • Go Gators!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Quote
Originally posted by venom2506


nope: with bombers and harbingers :p
the destroyer by itself is nothing, it's the bomber wings that will make the difference. One Hecate is a joke. Hell, the NGTA would have kept the colossus behind and sent more bomber wings, the first sathanas would have be destroyed as easily.


Not really.  Do you know how long it would take five bomber wings to take a Sathanas?  It would take forever!  (One Helios does MAYBE 1-2% Hull Integrity Damage)
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

 

Offline Nico

  • Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
  • 212
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Quote
Originally posted by adwight


Not really.  Do you know how long it would take five bomber wings to take a Sathanas?  It would take forever!  (One Helios does MAYBE 1-2% Hull Integrity Damage)


wold be not that long to disable it, and then, bring everything you want et voila.
SCREW CANON!

 
It would be the last mission of ST all over again. The Hades there has 4/5th the hit points of the Big C and Big S.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

 

Offline Fury

  • The Curmudgeon
  • 213
Quote
Originally posted by Tar-Palantir
It would be the last mission of ST all over again. The Hades there has 4/5th the hit points of the Big C and Big S.


Put a paperweight on your firing buttons and go for lunch. :D

 

Offline Galemp

  • Actual father of Samus
  • 212
  • Current projects: GVCa Tanen, Vasudan Imperium
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Oh, I'm so happy! Now everyone's going to use my mod and fly Athenas vs. Deimoses!:nod:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...