Author Topic: Games not showing up; Alittle help?  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Tantalus53

• That one guy with the thing
    • Steam
Games not showing up; Alittle help?
Yeah, and, I've worked over my Firewall, put the UDP/TCP exceptions, no media VP's, checked the Mediavp's/Data pxo setup, as well as the one in the main directory.

Heres the problem.

I haven't played Multi in a while, like... late last year or something. i go on it a while back and i don't see any of the games, even though there was one up on FS2Net. it was being hosted, for it was still up there for ten/Fifteen minutes. Today, made a game, waited, another one started according to FS2Net, i left my game and /still/ didn't see anything.

I know I'm not really that much of a modding savvy but...  :confused: What do I do now?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Games not showing up; Alittle help?
What version of FS2_Open are you running? 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
If you're using 3.6.9 you can't see 3.6.10 games and vice-versa.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Tantalus53

• Steam
For my 3_6_9, this is the program:

"fs2_open_3_6_9"

For my 3_6_10

"fs2_open_3_6_10-20071028T"

Ive ran both of them through my firewall. my 3_6_9 accesses FS2Net, but my 3_6_X says it cant connect.

Offline Shade

3.6.10 not connecting is due to the old version you're running. You'll need a fairly recent build to connect to the v.2 server daemon. As for games not showing up, have you made a firewall exception for port 7808? If not, try doing that and see if it helps matters.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I think you need a 3.6.10 XT build dated 3/14 or later for 3.6.10 to work with FS2netD now.  3.6.9 should work.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
This build should also work fine with the 3.6.10 server.  I merged in all of the FS2NetD updates on the 20th, so any trunk builds after that should work out-of-the-box.

Offline Tantalus53

• Steam
Downloading the newer build now..

Alright, here's what it looks like right now with my 3_6_9 entries:

*Changed the one TCP to in in the 3_6_9 entry, but notes that i added the TCP's today, i was playing with just UDP before

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:42:09 pm by Tantalus53 »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You don't make firewall exceptions, you make router exceptions. You need to go into your router config window, and forward your ports. Go to portforward.com to find out how.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Actually you need to do both router and firewall.  For 3.6.10 Lobby add port 7117 as well.

Offline Tantalus53

• Steam
Problem solved, and thanks for all the help guys!

Router, firewall configuration was the key. And frankly, ive learned that 7808 wasnt the right router number for both engines  :nervous:

Offline Tantalus53

• Steam
Aha! I found out why my 3_6_9 isnt working!

There was a server update that i knew nothing about...

erm... what did you have to do after the server update to get yourself back in the game?

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
it seems were going to be playing a lot more 3.6.10 games so look here........................
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53508.0.html

and i hope you find a build that works for you
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Does the FS2NetGV still work with .10?

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
nope , that is if were talking about the little fsnet games viewer/chat program...
you have to look at the 3.6.10 box on fs2net web site ....

as it was we played 3.6.9 last night but this had returned to the old 3.6.10 bug of, ( if your not already online when i post my game you cant see me and by some strange chance it worked the same in the fs2netgv  program)

life and its wonderful little twists and turns ,
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
yep got the same problem a few times andi. Is affecting my hostin on wednesdays!
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT