Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 47136 times)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
i will convert the fury and hornet this weekend (hopefully)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Harbinger's done. I'm working on in-game models for the other missiles, so the VP isn't updated yet.

"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
These are all cool.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I hope the Harbinger looks like the evil salted nuke it is?

D-Missile! My model looks a bit too simple in my opinion. What do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
The head needs something, perhaps a flared section.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline M87

I don't think it's a case of simplicity. The model looks great in my opinion, but there are a few minor "issues" that stand out. For one, the opening at the front of the missile should have a larger radius than that of the missile's body. Second, the "bulge" that appears at a point just after the shadow on the missile's body should be symmetrical and smooth. From the original images, the bulge appears spherical, but I will leave that up to everyone else to confirm this. In your model, the section that I am referring to is wider at the rear than at the front, and this appears to be inconsistent with the original images. I am sure you have already checked out these images and used them to form the basis of your model, but here they are to illustrate my points:

How's the Stiletto coming along?

EDIT:

I was completely wrong about the rear section of the D-Missile. From another point of view, it's obvious that you were on the right track. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:11:56 pm by M87 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The link in the first post has been updated with the Harbinger ANI and - at long last - the badly needed new Interceptor in-game model!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
:yes: Amazing work as usual, GalEmp.  Just one thing ... the Interceptor tech model is called Incerceptor-tech.pof, but in the tables, it is Interceptor_tech.pof (note the dash vs underscore).

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The Interceptor was always my favorite looking missile.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
d'oh!

Will fix that this evening.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, too bad the only in-game model was a box with a triangle sticking out of one end.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Yeah, too bad the only in-game model was a box with a triangle sticking out of one end.

Finally a normal interceptor model. I had to replace the original FS1/FSPort Interceptor model used in SAH with the Interceptor III from Earth Defence for a better view. Now I'll be able to change it to a canon looking model.

I've finished the stiletto and D-missile and have uploaded them.

M87: Thanks for the feedback. About the opening at the front of the D-Missile, I thought the front was larger than the body at first but then I realized they are actually the same size in this picture:

I'm now working on the Tsunami.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just going by memory, that looks pretty darn accurate. :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
oh sweet.

And so you folks don't think I'm doing nothing, I've finished the tech model for the Synaptic. In-game models and an updated VP will be available this weekend.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Jeez, these are looking incredible. Your truly giving the FS1 stuff a new lease of life here. :cool:

I must confess, one thing i am looking foward to seeing is the Prometheus. It had a really cool design, but the Port has always used the FS2 version for the weapon ani so you never got to see it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:09:56 am by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

yeah, that always bugged me. and didn't the FS1 hornet have a blue nose cone?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
yeah, and blue trails too. That change was totally unnecessary.

Anyway, the Synaptic model is all done, as promised. Find it in the first post.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Cool!

I wonder if it would be possible to make an new cluster baby model from part of the synaptic model... ;7

And the interceptor name bug still exists.