Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061822 times)

Offline Qent

Re: W-H-I-Y-L It aint NEVER Over FOOL!!!!
Would you guys be disturbed when I tell that I invented a female Prime?

Her name is Phoenix Prime, lost child of the Dynasty of Primes.

And her transformation is a firetruck.

She is just awesome.    :p
That depends.... What exactly is "female" in the context of transformers? O.o

Offline Aardwolf

I am bored out of my mind and typing gibberish at people on the Internet! Also somewhat tired. And I have to get up in 8 hours.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
She is sleeker then Optimus Prime with smaller shoulders and broader hips. Instead of having a 'bald' head, she has long 'hair'.  She particularly lacks the 'ears' of Optiumus Prime.

She has been trained under Dynasty of Prime soldier veterns Snow Blitz and Reckoner. She is particulary deadly in melee.  :p
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That's not the worst character concept I've ever heard or even created. But then again, it's pretty bare-bones too.

Still, you're not going to build an Enoby. You're too coherent for that.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The three at work, all raised the question on FB inbox or text.

I'm gonna have to metal gear my way round the office today.
Solid Snake seems the wrong term to use.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Of the five girls (of varying levels of intimacy) I'm involved with, three are at work. They're in different departments, don't know each other, and ..... On my Facebook inboxing me re: taking them to the company xmas party which was unveiled today.

"oh ****"

Springs to mind :banghead:

Ha!

HA!
"No"

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Good call Dekker, you old bastard. :P

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc

Naked Snake would have been a worse one, if only for the fact that you don't have an eyepatch.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Not yet... :arrr:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Solid Drunk then? :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Found my Hostile Waters CD whilst tidying.

See you guys in a few days ;)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Not yet... :arrr:

For the naked or the eyepatch?
......On second thoughts, I don't want to know.....
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i finally put a few hours into my joystick of doom. 12-bit, mil-spec (supposedly) antique (from who knows what) cast aluminum frictioned gimbals (main, with the handle from a dead ms sidewinder, and secondary with a finger grip thingie on it), makeshift wooden enclosure made with scraps pulled out of the dumpster. i still need more wood to finish the base though, and need some buttons and switches from radio shack, then its just all wiring. i have the 12 bit usb joystick controller board, though im not sure whether it supported 6 or 8 axes (so far im using four unless i add some trim knobs to the base) but it can do 36 buttons.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:26:19 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
i finally put a few hours into my joystick of doom. 12-bit, mil-spec (supposedly) antique (from who knows what) cast aluminum frictioned gimbals (main, with the handle from a dead ms sidewinder, and secondary with a finger grip thingie on it), makeshift wooden enclosure made with scraps pulled out of the dumpster. i still need more wood to finish the base though, and need some buttons and switches from radio shack, then its just all wiring. i have the 12 bit usb joystick controller board, though im not sure whether it supported 6 or 8 axes (so far im using four unless i add some trim knobs to the base) but it can do 36 buttons.

wait, you're making your own joystick?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
google it mate, there are tutorials and driver packs all over the net
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Damn noisy kids...

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

wait, you're making your own joystick?

yip

ive got several of these gimbal sets in various states of functionality. i took 2 of them apart so that i could get into the bering compartment, to clean and re-lubricate. unfortunately in order to get the thing apart i had to destroy several of the brass bushings that allow smooth rotation of the gearing system. i have an idea of how to re-arrange the parts so that the gimbals drive the gearing again, but its going to require some re-machining of the parts (il have to dremel through a beefy 3/16" of steel). i had to dremel out a large number of screws because they were frozen with decades of corrosion, so i will need to drill and re-tap the holes. i think ive figured out how to pull the bushings without breaking them so i might just have to polish them up and re-use them. of course i dont have the tools for this job, so for now i just grabbed my 2 best units and im basing my stick off of those.

you may notice the 2 potentiometers per axis. these sticks were used in an analog control system. there were several 12v magnets which could be activated by pressing the toggle button which was installed on top of the stick, these would break the main potentiometers in place, and moving the stick would only turn the vernier pots. i asume when this happened that the signal from the main pots were passed into a second voltage divider (the verneir pots) to give fine adjustment to whatever these things controlled.

i need more wood to finish the base, theres not enough clearance right now to allow proper operation. il be checking dumpsters and if that fails il see if my sister has any left over lumber from building her house. a good size peice of pine board would do just fine. id like to have a complete enclosure, but a partial enclosure would be good enough to get the wiring started. once i decide on a complete array of controls for the panel and get the holes drilled i thing il use wood fill to make it smooth, round off the corners stain it and give it a good polyurethane macro finish. but thats in the long term. i might just settle for the redneck look. i also want a better grip on the main stick. might widdle something or perhaps just design it in a modeling program and have it 3d printed.

the guy i bought the gimbal systems from said they were military surplus, and they are so well built that they pass as mil-spec, though i suspect these came out of construction or farming machinery, because of the dirt ive cleaned out of some of them. some of the handles were painted caterpillar orange, so i suspect construction machinery. some of the units had some circuit boards attached to them, with resistors the size of my pinky. so i figure these things date back to the 60s or 70s. if anything it makes you think that they dont build things as well as they used to. all the screws and other hardware, and hole pattern on the top are in imperial units nothing is metric, so id assume these were made in the usa. this is a damn good example of what we loose when we ship all our production overseas.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:31:32 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
If they date back as far as the 60's they could be of UK origin, we only went Metric in 1971-ish :)

Edit : And even then, we were incredibly stubborn about it, we still use pints, miles, inches and ounces in a lot of things.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I do believe I just won World of Tanks. (The only thing I can think of what would make this better was a Reaper (6), and I came damn close getting a Reaper (3) picking off damaged Type 59s.)

Victory!
Battle: Sand River Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:23:46 PM
Vehicle: PzKpfw VIB Tiger II
Experience received: 3,915 ()
Credits received: 33,091
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story