Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061843 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It aint NEVER Over FOOL!!!!
There are too many shows and movies to watch
Doubt that'll make the long list I've got
It's a long list
I'll be retired by the time I get to it, and the movies long since gone
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Missed college today due to my Mum letting the dog into my room last night while I was asleep. The damn thing jumped on my chest, then got one of its toys that makes a god-awful racket and started to try and burry it in my sternum at round about three in the morning. I got to sleep after a few hours and then promptly slept through my alarm at 07:00.

THEN when I wake up, she tries to guilt me into helping her babysit my neice and nephew (read: Do all the work while she sits there drinking tea, watching t.v. and doing the occasional nappy change) by saying that I didn't go to college today, and that she can't cope on her own. She was going to do by herself it while I was at college anyway.  :banghead:

After I tell her that I wasn't going to do it, she tries lying to my gran who's recovering from surgery, by saying that I told her I was going to help and got her to call me so that I can take a pot of paint up to my brother's place with Mum. I told her I was't going and why. Guilt attempt 2: Failure

My Mum then tries to dump my Gran's shopping list on me. I tell her that I don't know where less than half the things on the list where and that it was her task in the first place, so she has to do it. Guilt 3: Failed

Then just before she left and after a wave of profanity and insults, she told me I was going to "Live to regret this".  :doubt:
I regret few things, and have little in the way of objects that are irreplaceable compared to what's on my computer. She knows this, so I assume that she has made the hardrives for my Xbox360 and PC her targets, college work on the PC be damned.  So to err on the side of caution, I'm going to disconnect them and hide them somewhere for a while.

The funny thing is that I do the most for her regarding things like this. I help her with the shopping when I should be studying. I do running about for her that she can easily do herself. And I'm the one that has to put up with her *****ing and whining when something pisses her off.

The wonders of the "Human Condition", eh?  :nono:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Take my dinner plate down while you're skiving bro :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Take my dinner plate down while you're skiving bro :D
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Wait....  You went to Spore before Dune?  ...  I have no words.

My thoughts exactly. Go. Read. 'Tis excellent.

Never heard of, and probably won't ever read it

I'm still pretty baffled.  It's not the "won't ever read [or watch] it" part that baffles me, either, because Dune isn't everyone's cup of tea.  That part I get.  I don't get how you can have existed in a community of sci-fi dorks, such as ourselves, and not heard enough references to the Spice to realize that it's always, always a reference to Dune and not Spore.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!

I'm still pretty baffled.  It's not the "won't ever read [or watch] it" part that baffles me, either, because Dune isn't everyone's cup of tea.  That part I get.  I don't get how you can have existed in a community of sci-fi dorks, such as ourselves, and not heard enough references to the Spice to realize that it's always, always a reference to Dune and not Spore.
The spice must flow, Muad-dib. Bi-lal kaifa.

http://fanedit.org/all-dune-fanedits/
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Dune/464403?trkid=2361637
http://www.amazon.com/Dune-Frank-Herbert/dp/1427201439
or even
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Dune/60030842?trkid=2361637

Seriosly. It's the classic Skiffy book. It's the one that codified all the tropes of classic post-Burroughs Space Opera. It has, to steal a quote from Will Goldman,
Quote from: The_Princess_Bride
"Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest ladies. Snakes. Spiders. Beasts of all natures and descriptions. Pain. Death. Brave men. Coward men. Strongest men. Chases. Escapes. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles."
Only replace the spiders with space-ships and wedge giants and snakes together into a single entity...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:53:59 am by LordMelvin »
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Hell, I've never read the book myself (it's sitting on a shelf at the moment...I really need to start reading again), but I knew enough about the franchise to play a terrible third-person shooter based on it.  Granted, it was terrible enough to be a poor decision, but still.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
Welp, one of the computers on my co-ops' network has a botnet or something so I can't access HLP through home.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

It's not that I don't believe you guys when you say it's a must read... I just don't really read much other than the newspaper and forum posts. More than likely will become my downfall as I turn into some illiterate brain dead person.

Oh wait

Watch it then, it's a movie too :D

With Patirck Stewart! ;7

............and Sting :nervous:

i love watching that **** get knifed at the end :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
Hell, I've never read the book myself (it's sitting on a shelf at the moment...I really need to start reading again), but I knew enough about the franchise to play a terrible third-person shooter based on it.  Granted, it was terrible enough to be a poor decision, but still.

There is only one Dune game, and that is Dune II, progenitor of the RTS genre. Dosbox + abandonware sites that I won't link because of potential future SOPA/PIPA issues and you're good to go.

Offline deathfun

I lived in a generation where 420 is a commonly known thing
I didn't know about it until after I moved cities seven years ago. When someone asked me about 420, I just figured April 20th, nothing fancy.
He got all up in the air going "Dude this guy doesn't know about 420!"

I live under a rock, in a rock, underneath the sea where there's a ship dumping rocks on top of the rock I already live under. Did I also mention there's quicksand bringing me deeper under the surface to more rocks?

I don't fit in anywhere to say the least
"No"

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
I lived in a generation where 420 is a commonly known thing
I didn't know about it until after I moved cities seven years ago. When someone asked me about 420, I just figured April 20th, nothing fancy.
He got all up in the air going "Dude this guy doesn't know about 420!"

I live under a rock, in a rock, underneath the sea where there's a ship dumping rocks on top of the rock I already live under. Did I also mention there's quicksand bringing me deeper under the surface to more rocks?

I don't fit in anywhere to say the least

That example just means you're not a stoner. Plenty of people aren't. Many of them totally dig Dune. Seriously. You mentioned living in a city, so there's going to be a public library within an hours' round-trip travel of your current physical location. Go there and obtain Frank Herbert's original 1965 novel Dune. Read it. Come back here when you're through the first big awesome crazy battle of awesomeness and lasguns and teeth. (The tooooooooth!)

Offline deathfun

I won't be coming back here for years if that's the case
"No"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
lasguns

I prefer settings where those don't make things explode like a nuke.

Though god knows it'd help the Guard.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Just saw a text ad for "Lamps Plus Lights" in the main index banner.  It made me chuckle a bit.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
lasguns

I prefer settings where those don't make things explode like a nuke.

Though god knows it'd help the Guard.

Nothing can help the Guard. Those guys are destined to be meatshield mooks 'till the fall of the Imperium, with cataclysmic feedback or without.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
I should read Dune...

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I built a used Core i7-920 machine; it's going to be my new (really overpowered file) server once I sell the Xeon X3210. Still waiting on an i7-950 for my desktop. Once I get it, I'll send off my Q8300 & motherboard to a new home.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Sounds like the 'correct' acrononym, Biggest Aggressive Machine Forever i.e my laptop.  ;7
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline watsisname

In Pacific Northwest, exploring some mountains.

More snow coming this weekend.  Yaaaaaay :3
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.