Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061751 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It aint no topic :/
I am very tired, not as a job, but as a career.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.

:) Got it a few days ago.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
It looks shiny and sexy  :cool:
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
After a couple of years of on and off reading, I have finally read the entire Mahoromantic series, and it was quite the bittersweet story.

Ugh, why do I do it to myself? First I read CronoCrusade all the while knowing how it's going to end, then I play FFVII-Crisis Core with the knowledge that no matter what I do, it mean a ****.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
there are too many ****ing holidays, the optimal number is 0. why dont we have a holiday called do whatever you want day, where you can have a day off without being forced into the heard behavior of established ritual.

What "established ritual"?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
The ritual of whatever holiday is going on at the time.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
As far as I can tell there isn't much of a ritual here. It's actually pretty free-form in how you carry out the necessary elements.

If they're necessary.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
there are too many ****ing holidays, the optimal number is 0. why dont we have a holiday called do whatever you want day, where you can have a day off without being forced into the heard behavior of established ritual.

you mean like saturday and sunday?

Offline Aardwolf

Bleh. I spent most of the day doing the last programming problem for a test, and the only people I saw all day were my parents, the guy who's been installing solar panels on the roof. And Spooky, but he's a cat.

:sigh:

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
Bleh. I spent most of the day doing the last programming problem for a test, and the only people I saw all day were my parents, the guy who's been installing solar panels on the roof. And Spooky, but he's a cat.

I feel for you. I spent all day (and the better part of the past 60 hours) working on a programming project that was due about an hour ago.

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy

I feel for you. I spent all day (and the better part of the past 60 hours) working on a programming project that was due about an hour ago.

... and you're still working on it, right?
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
 :lol:

Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
"No"

Might have to do a bit of... grief counselling? Tomorrow. Except that it is not really grief, but more of a case of someone who has been pulling some weird **** lately, and a woman who keeps her promises. Its the woman I shall see again tomorrow - I hope it went reasonably well and that the evening was not ruined, but still.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

somebody doesnt want emp to interrupt their music durrng my little nuclear war. tubes, lol.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Still working on my Senior Project rewrite. It's going be another year and a half. . . . If I can stop coming up with sweet ideas.  :p
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
<tube amp & dac>
<tube amp, dac, & headphones>

somebody doesnt want emp to interrupt their music durrng my little nuclear war. tubes, lol.
:pimp: It's atompunk, is it? There's three reasons I got that tube headphone amp. The first is my new headphones, Beyer DT-880 Premium's, are the 600-ohm variation. They're very hard for solid-state amps to drive, but are relatively easy for a tube amp. That MK IV has a power output of 500 mW at 600 ohms; the MK V is 187 mW and even the MK VII+ is 300 mW. The second is that the vacuum tubes sound warmer than solid-state--and I thought these headphones needed a little softening. Third is the price; $289 for a tube headphone amp that'll double as a tube preamp (when I get a worthy power amp). Single-source, but my primary source will continue to be the DAC.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:48:02 pm by Bob-san »
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline watsisname

Working with the following equation, desire a means of finding solutions analytically. :X

d2r/dt2 = -GM/r2; r'(0)=k.

(One dimensional equation of the distance as function of time of a test particle in the gravitational field of some point mass.)

In a moment of sheer derpiness, I tried multiplying by r2dt2 to get r2d2r = GMdt2 and integrating, then realized that meters4 does not equal meters3.  DERP!  (Also, meters to the fourth?  Is that like hyperspace?)
Anyway now I'm actually looking at the textbook to see if it discusses solution methods for this type of ****.  Nope.  Doesn't deal with 2nd order nonlinear ****.  This **** is definitely not linear.  And I don't know what sort of function has a second derivative of -constants/itselfsquared.  Definitely not polynomial... presumably something with estuff in it.  HNNNG.

Wolfram Alpha is nice, at least I can see the integral curves for this thing.  Yaaaaaay.

/pointless rant
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, it's about time you all knew, my Father is in the last few days of terminal cancer, he is currently downstairs in the front room being fed by a tube in his throat because he cannot eat, and he does not even have the strength to pull the covers back over him if they come off. To put it bluntly, we are on deathwatch.

So if I snap at someone or start acting irrationally over the coming days or weeks, please don't take it personally.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
A bit late, but my Valentines Day plans consisted of classes 9 - 11, opticians at 12:10pm (Had to hike across the city :| ), then to the DVLA to hand in my driver's license application, then back to uni for more classes 2 - 5. Hour break with a mate for coffee, then anime club 6 - 10. Walked the cute girl there home from there (back across to the other side of the city) and nearly missed the last bus back to where I live because of it. (Totes worth it though :) )
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Sorry to hear that, Flip. :( Hang in there.