Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061685 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
better than portal sex.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
No, THIS is better than portal selfcest
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline watsisname

I approve of this.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
I have precisely 1337 dollars in my savings account

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Whoa. :eek2: :yes:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Having started an X-COM Let's Play on HLP, I also intend to be the first person to do this and finish it.

Probably with a game over.

It'll be fun!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

That.
Was.
AWESOME!!!
 :yes:
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Having started an X-COM Let's Play on HLP, I also intend to be the first person to do this and finish it.

Probably with a game over.

It'll be fun!

I call redshirt!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
That.
Was.
AWESOME!!!
 :yes:

Fireworks indoors was pretty amazing.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
really pissed off right now.  don't EVER buy a seagate external drive.  their suckness goes beyond simply corrupting half the data you try to put on it and generally being a pain in the ass to get working.  this one is actively ****ing up my computer.  i can no longer share any folders, peerblock won't start because apparantly some services got deleted,  and when the drive is connected restarting results in a hang at the BIOS screen.

unfortunately i didn't think about the possibility of having to return this drive, and began deleting the files off of my normal drive as i verified the copies on the external uncorrupted (a process that took many hours over a few days).  now i have to do the whole thing again in reverse.  for about 500 GB of stuff.  and some of it is just plain gone, because i had already done a few transfers before i realized i was getting corruption and the originals are gone.  i just have multiple corrupted copies now.

if anyone has experience with this kind of bull****, please do tell.  i'm not putting much faith in seagate support, and even if it is a defective drive, a new one isn't going to fix what this one already broke in windows.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline watsisname

Had a friend get a Seagate external drive, started rattling within a month and utterly failed shortly thereafter.

I go with Western Digital.  Every time.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i went with this because i found a 3TB for $130, and from what i could tell from online reviews, seagate and WD had pretty much equally poor ratings.  i never expected for a goddamn external hard drive to be able to get into windows and **** it up though.  it's just a fking storage drive, how did it DO THAT?!?!?!

and i just found out that i only have ONE restore point saved, and it's from this morning.  so there goes that plan.  the only thing i can think of now is dig out my windows disk and do a repair install.  never done that on 7 before, i really hope i don't end up wiping my drive.  if that happens, i may just go to every best buy in the area and one by one exchange, break, exchange, break every drive they have in stock.  and then send the last one in for warranty.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:02:59 pm by Klaustrophobia »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
* headdie starts reminiscing about times around Y2K when you didnt touch either company because their drives were unreliable garbage.

but then I had a Quantum Fireball at the time so I could laugh
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
my thought was there's not much point in worrying about what brand you get, because drives are pretty much the same across the board, and you're occasionally going to get a lemon from anyone. 

clearly, there is something else going wrong for this one though.  or i have an extremely coincidental random, unprovoked failure of windows.  which i guess wouldn't be unheard of.  but even googling the exact error messages for the windows bits doesn't yield any solutions.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Amusingly, my Seagate has been working reliably for years.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I had a certain Seagate 1.5 TB external start randomly hanging and making suspicious clicking noises a few months after I started using it.  The thing's been sitting in my room for the better part of a year; I really need to go through the bother of RMA'ing it one of these days.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
by about 2k4 Seagate wasn't too bad, they had nailed down making average spec drives with a acceptable reliability, cheep, my current HDD is Seagate (i think) but they used to be terrible back in the day, my dad was working for a company that serviced 3 year extended warranties for a popular insurer at the time as well as a well known electronics retailer and late 90s early 2000s he was replacing several Seagate per week, though when Western Digital started filtering though they were worse.  I dont know anything about their external drives to comment specifically on that though.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
My postcount is now 2^(2^3). I don't quite know what to do with that.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Amusingly, my Seagate has been working reliably for years.

I second that. I've got a Maxtor 250GB drive for backing up my computer, and it's only plugged in for when I back up my computer, or occaisonally when I move my manual file archives onto it. I actually got it as I only heard bad things about WD back in the day...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke