Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061678 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
I actually think Twitter is kind of useful. It serves a communicative function I'm not sure anything else can really replace.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I have come to the conclusion our TV remote has developed a chameleon circuit and a perception filter, we have spent most of this afternoon searching the house, including rooms we haven't been in all day for it and no sign of it!!!!!
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I didn't actually self-star my profanity. The profanity filter kicked in, and when I went to edit it they remained filtered as stars. I wasn't going to edit out the stars to re-insert my profanity - far too much effort.

Wait, you have it on by default or it Orwellian'd your post?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
I have come to the conclusion our TV remote has developed a chameleon circuit and a perception filter, we have spent most of this afternoon searching the house, including rooms we haven't been in all day for it and no sign of it!!!!!
That's an inherent property of all remotes. They are designed to keep us from watching the shows we want or to get us off our ass's. :P

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
PS3 controller came in two days ago, most of today I fought with defunct, outdated, or otherwise malfunctioning drivers and their according "update" utilities. Downloaded drivers from MotionInJoy, navigated through a perilous amount of advertisements and DOWNLOAD THIS FREE APP!! buttons. Installed, and re-installed, cussed, and finally 100% installed the drivers, calibrated the HID, and verified opertion.

The end result? A PS3 controller with SixAxis support (for a total of 6 functional analog axiis) just ripe for some space sim testing.

Hell yes.  :wakka:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline headdie

• Headdie on Deviant Art
That's an inherent property of all remotes. They are designed to keep us from watching the shows we want or to get us off our ass's. :P

whats even worse is that I eventually found it in a place i had checked twice already!!!
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Failed your last two spot checks.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

whats even worse is that I eventually found it in a place i had checked twice already!!!

i did this with my wallet once.  for an hour and a half.  while people were waiting on me to go to a theme park.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline headdie

• Headdie on Deviant Art

i did this with my wallet once.  for an hour and a half.  while people were waiting on me to go to a theme park.

I hate it when stuff like that happens, I dont know about you but i get really self conscious when I'm holding people up

Failed your last two spot checks.

the dice was loaded, the last time I borrow the DM's dice

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
PS3 controller came in two days ago, most of today I fought with defunct, outdated, or otherwise malfunctioning drivers and their according "update" utilities. Downloaded drivers from MotionInJoy, navigated through a perilous amount of advertisements and DOWNLOAD THIS FREE APP!! buttons. Installed, and re-installed, cussed, and finally 100% installed the drivers, calibrated the HID, and verified opertion.

The end result? A PS3 controller with SixAxis support (for a total of 6 functional analog axiis) just ripe for some space sim testing.

Hell yes.  :wakka:

I did this ages ago
Minus the Sixaxis support
Which is probably a good thing. I wouldn't want anything of mine randomly turning or doing something while I don't want it to

Me playing more piano because I can
http://soundcloud.com/stickfiguredeath/comptine-dun-autre-ete-lapres
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:52:54 pm by deathfun »
"No"

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
I leave from school and get to the intersection and put on a left turn signal. It's about 3:05. About six minutes later, I'm still waiting for traffic to clear so I can turn. I think I see an opening, so I go for it.

I hear the screech of brakes.
Ka-Boom!

It was, of course, all my fault.
Luckily, no one was hurt.
It was my first car crash and I felt terrible about it.

The guy that hit me was a sketchy looking black dude in a black car.

I apologized and he said it was ok.

He asked me if I was hurt and I told him I was fine.

He asked for my contact information and I gave it to him.

Then I asked him for his contact information.

He told me "My name's Fualaau. F-U-A-L-A-A-U. That's my first and my last name. and My phone number is 336-581-9726"

As I was calling my mom he told me "I gotta go pick up my little sister but I'll be right back, ok?"

I thought that was kind of suspicious because you're when you're in a wreck you're supposed to stick around and wait for the police to arrive, but I nodded and he drove off. Being the idiot that I am, I didn't think to write down his license plate number.

Soon a cop shows up and I relate my story to him, and my parents show up about ten minutes later.

The cop dials the guy's number and finds out that the number has been disconnected.

The cop said that since I was the one that was at fault but the other guy drove off, he either (A) didn't have a license, (B) didn't have insurance, or (C) had "something" in his car.

I'm tired of typing, so I'm stopping here.

Offline headdie

• Headdie on Deviant Art
First car accident is really ****ty, my one and so far only accident was a 50/50 as the guy pulling out it was technically my fault but the other guy was speeding enough that when he hit me he stopped a good 100+ meters down the road.

It also turned out that the stupid **** had an expired provisional licence so my insurance wouldn't pay out because I was 3rd party (never again) and his wouldn't pay out because the idiot shouldn't have been on the road, let alone no accompanying driver and L plates.

Fortunately the worst of it injury wise was him fainting at the sight of his own blood, though my wife gave us a scare for 3 hours because she was pregnant at the time and hadn't felt the baby move since the accident and was badly bruised from the seat belt.

My car was a write off though :(.

Glad you are ok, they are probably the scariest thing the average person will go through and I strongly suggest you vent everything you can think of to a trusted mate just to get it out your system.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I had my first several months ago, but fortunately it didn't amount to much more than a mild fender-bender.  I was driving through a residential area with a speed limit of 35 mph/56 kph, and all of a sudden this other car pulls out of a neighborhood cross-street way too close to me.  The view to the left at the intersection was obscured by a large evergreen tree, and apparently the genius didn't inch up far enough to actually see if anyone was coming.  I remember my only real thought being "um...", then I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could, and wound up bumping into the left-rear of their car.  Fortunately, it was a fairly low-speed collision at that point, and I came off with not much more than a scraped and gouged bumper.  It still managed to leave me seriously shaken, though.  The worst part of it was dealing with the insurance afterwards: the other driver's company was claiming I was partly at fault, just because of where on their car I hit.  Fortunately, the nearby resident who initially called the cops provided a witness statement, and I finally managed to get full compensation.  That reminds me, we still need to get that bumper replaced...

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I've been in 2 as the driver.  First one, someone in the front of a line of about 5 cars slammed on their brakes because they decided they wanted to turn at the street they were right next to after all.  It was a rainy day, and apparently my tires were worse than everyone else's because I skidded into the back of the car in front of me.  It was direct bumper on bumper, absolutely no damage.  So after we pulled off and checked our cars, we just shook hands and went on our way.  The other one wasn't so good.  Was driving in the leading edge of a hurricane/tropical storm system (can't remember how strong it was) because my soccer coach didn't have the good sense to cancel practice until it actually hit.  Coming up to a stop light my car hydroplaned and drifted into the next lane t-boning a guy.  I didn't have room to let off the brakes and recover or I would have hit the van in front of me.  This one was strange.  The guy was real nice at the time, talked to my dad on the phone saying it wasn't my fault and blah blah whatever, but he left before the cop got there saying he had to pick up his kid from school or daycare or something.  He had a son in the car with him, about 6 I would say.  He was completely fine.  The cop that arrived didn't seem the least bit interested, and only stayed until my dad got there to pick me up.  Then the guy started playing the insurance game.  He decided some days later to go to the hospital to get him and his son "checked out," and called my house a few times wanting to meet up and "talk."  What about, I have no idea.  He actually used the words "at the scene of the crime" in one of his messages.  Our insurance company warned us not to contact him again, they would handle it.  They had a feeling this was going to turn into a money grab lawsuit if we handled it ourselves like we were going to to keep the insurance rates from skyrocketing.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You might want to delete some of that personal information in there.  Not saying any of us would use it, but it's a risk no one needs to take.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
what personal information?

Offline headdie

• Headdie on Deviant Art
You might want to delete some of that personal information in there.  Not saying any of us would use it, but it's a risk no one needs to take.

the contact details were bogus and the copper found out tho their annoyance

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Shows how much attention I was paying. :P

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Yeah the cop was like, "I know just about every shady character in this town and I've never come across anybody named Fualaau Fualaau."

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
My first car accident was a collision.

I stepped out and the bumper, bonnet, windscreen and road collided with me in that order. I then promptly stood up, waved at the horrified onlookers with the cry of "I'm okay!" and hobbled home to tell my mum what happend before the shock wore off. 

I like to think that I caused more damage to the car than it did to me.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.