Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061771 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over <number goes here> (posts)

****ing mother****ing ****ing ****.

**** my life.

god ****ing damnit.

Quoted for Truth
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Aardwolf

In less ****ed news, I believe I've fixed the constraint system in my DoodPoseyTool. Seems all I had to do was change the way my skeletal joint constraints do their angular response to linear offset so that it applies the rotation symmetrically.

YAYYYY!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Aardwolf

My W key is now completely dead. I can't even get it to register by pressing a very specific portion of the hole where the missing key belongs. I had to copy+paste to insert the W's in this post.

This sucks. Wtf am I going to do???

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Uhh, buy a new keyboard? Keyboards aren't exactly expensive.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
some of my best keyboards were found in dumpsters
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

But it's a laptop?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
does it not come out?  you can probably get one from the manufacturer. 

or use it as an excuse to upgrade.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i woulda just jacked in a real keyboard through usb. its a good cheap temp fix.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
not terribly good if you're actually using it as a laptop

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
depends on how much duct tape you got

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
So I had a very interesting evening... work was usual and all but the real kicker is what happened afterwards.

There are two things that I did differently. Usually, I don't have a phone with money on it (pay as you go) and usually I don't go to the main Park Royal bus stop.

I show up there, no one else there. Later I'm joined by an older Asian lady and a stumbling gal. At first I figured she had one too many, but as she got up from falling, it turns out she had this pretty fair sized laceration on her leg. I didn't notice it at first when she spoke to me, but after seeing the amount of blood, off to the cell phone for 911.

After answering a profuse amount of questions, my phone decides "Yeah I'm going to hang up on you". This is where having money plays in since they called me back and I was able to answer it (no longer considered an 'Emergency Number' so not free) and resume being on the line for the gal who was casually bleeding at a bus stop.

Shout out to the bus driver who stuck around and another shout out to the fellow who gave up his shirt to help stop the bleeding until the paramedics showed up and took it from there.

Interesting day indeed. All because I decided to walk to a different bus stop.
"No"

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
So I had a very interesting evening... work was usual and all but the real kicker is what happened afterwards.

There are two things that I did differently. Usually, I don't have a phone with money on it (pay as you go) and usually I don't go to the main Park Royal bus stop.

I show up there, no one else there. Later I'm joined by an older Asian lady and a stumbling gal. At first I figured she had one too many, but as she got up from falling, it turns out she had this pretty fair sized laceration on her leg. I didn't notice it at first when she spoke to me, but after seeing the amount of blood, off to the cell phone for 911.

After answering a profuse amount of questions, my phone decides "Yeah I'm going to hang up on you". This is where having money plays in since they called me back and I was able to answer it (no longer considered an 'Emergency Number' so not free) and resume being on the line for the gal who was casually bleeding at a bus stop.

Shout out to the bus driver who stuck around and another shout out to the fellow who gave up his shirt to help stop the bleeding until the paramedics showed up and took it from there.

Interesting day indeed. All because I decided to walk to a different bus stop.

You're a hero, man! Most hit all the bus stops.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

(no longer considered an 'Emergency Number' so not free)

Wait a sec.
This seems weird.

Rest of post

Deathfun, good one! Cheers :D.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
(no longer considered an 'Emergency Number' so not free)

Wait a sec.
This seems weird.

Rest of post

Deathfun, good one! Cheers :D.

If you ever get a call back from a 911 call center, you'll notice it usually shows up as a local number on your caller ID.  Working in a hotel where the number for an outside line is 9, I've had many guests accidentally dial 911 by dialing the country code twice.  Naturally, we get more than a few calls from our local 911 call center asking if there was an emergency.  Rather bothersome.  Been trying to change that number.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

From Deathfun's post, I got the impression that you need money on your pre-paid sim (or something similar) in order to be able to call 911, which seems a little bit odd.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I thought he was saying that the phone credit was needed to receive the return call from the 911 call centre, not to make the initial emergency call.  We don't pay to receive mobile calls where I live, but I think you do in the USA?

And props to deathfun for doing a good deed!  :yes:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, if you're doing some sort of pay-as-you-go plan (I am too), you generally have to pay if you make or receive certain calls, depending on the restrictions of your plan; I know mine charges $1 as a daily fee every time you make or receive a call, but it waives the additional per-minute fee if it's from someone in the same network.  Obviously emergency calls will never cost you anything to make, but if the emergency call center had to call you back, that'd just show up as a regular phone number, and you'd get charged whatever the usual rate is.  deathfun's experience shows that this could present a problem if certain circumstances are met.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
I think Deathfun deserves a medal, so here ya' go Hero.

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
would it actually stop the call from coming through, or just charge you a lot for it?