Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061781 times)

Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Lorric/Retsof get Nuked!
It's possible to just exhaust the value of a relationship.

And it's possible that Nuke is right and people are just a bunch of flaming assholes who need a mushroom cloud up their collective asses.   :rolleyes:

Look.  If you go into something like a marriage expecting it to fail, then you have no one but yourself to blame when it does.  Marriage takes commitment, because it isn't going to be hearts and flowers start to finish.  There are times you are going to want to scream in frustration.  There are times you are going to want to be cruel and "get even."  There are times you probably are going to give in to those urges.  Times she will as well.  Each time, heck, each morning, you have to decide again that this relationship is more important than your pride.  You both put the other before yourselves.  Because together, you are stronger than you are separately.  Because you have someone to share both your victories and your defeats with.  Someone to lick your wounds before you go back out into the fight.

I've seen my grandparents in their old age.  They made each other coffee, pulled out a chair for each other, each of them was putting the other first, and it mattered.  Those kindnesses, little, insignificant though they might have seemed to an outsider, meant all the world to them.  It made them happy.  That's what I want.  That's what I'm willing to fight and sacrifice for.  Anyone who is willing to walk away just because, "Well, I'm just not feeling it anymore," shouldn't have gotten married in the first place, and has no business doing it again.  They'll just be putting yet another through the wringer to sacrifice to their own selfish need.  [/rant]
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Lorric

And it's possible that Nuke is right and people are just a bunch of flaming assholes who need a mushroom cloud up their collective asses.   :rolleyes:

Look.  If you go into something like a marriage expecting it to fail, then you have no one but yourself to blame when it does.  Marriage takes commitment, because it isn't going to be hearts and flowers start to finish.  There are times you are going to want to scream in frustration.  There are times you are going to want to be cruel and "get even."  There are times you probably are going to give in to those urges.  Times she will as well.  Each time, heck, each morning, you have to decide again that this relationship is more important than your pride.  You both put the other before yourselves.  Because together, you are stronger than you are separately.  Because you have someone to share both your victories and your defeats with.  Someone to lick your wounds before you go back out into the fight.

I've seen my grandparents in their old age.  They made each other coffee, pulled out a chair for each other, each of them was putting the other first, and it mattered.  Those kindnesses, little, insignificant though they might have seemed to an outsider, meant all the world to them.  It made them happy.  That's what I want.  That's what I'm willing to fight and sacrifice for.  Anyone who is willing to walk away just because, "Well, I'm just not feeling it anymore," shouldn't have gotten married in the first place, and has no business doing it again.  They'll just be putting yet another through the wringer to sacrifice to their own selfish need.  [/rant]
Look, that's what I ideally want too. But we're talking about a lifetime here. How can you possibly know you will want to spend a lifetime with someone? At the time you might both believe it is exactly what you want, but a lifetime is a very long time. People can change an incredible amount over a lifetime. Sometimes it's better for two people to separate than stay together and cause each other pain. Rather than be stronger together they can end up weighing each other down more than if they were apart.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Please

Reason why **** like that fails is because during the dating process people change themselves in a way to make the other person like them more. When they get married, they end up having to keep up that ruse for longer than they're able to

People don't change. At least not in any ways that matter

You'll know when you want to spend the rest of your life with someone when you meet that person who develops you just as much as you develop yourself. Where that person becomes you just as much as you are yourself, and if that person goes, half of you dies with them. Where you can both not be mad long enough because a smile on both of your faces when you look into one another's eyes is why you fell in love in the first place

"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
It does seem a lot more reasonable when you put it into nuances like that. Although I do find it a stretch that someone would quit a happy relationship out of... boredom? I think it is safe to assume that something would be involved in such a case.

"love is like a pimple, once you squeeze the juices out it just goes away."
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

Value is what you make it
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
that was off of a certain parody of the gambler.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2

*Applause  :yes:
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
there are lots of nice women out there who just want to ****. you should try to find out who they are and avoid all the relationship crap.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Sololop

You're all nuts. Everyone is different, nobody can predict how a relationship will go. If you're in love, just do it and don't think so gosh darn hard about it! I think you guys worry about relationships more than you ever need to.

Offline deathfun

Actually, if you base your prediction off of the precedence set by the two individuals and how they react to certain situations, yes you can predict how a relationship will go

You just can't predict how something will go based on the precedence set by *other individuals* tis all

And people worry because it's a big deal for them. If something is a big deal, you can't just let it go with the flow. You'll instinctively want to be able to control it in some fashion
"No"

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I'm perpetually amused by marriage/long-term-relationship-related advice coming from young people who are not in either.  It's something akin to taking advice on what car to buy from a person who's never even seen one.  Relationship advice and legal advice on the Internet come with the same caveat:  you get what you pay for.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline deathfun

It's something akin to taking advice on what car to buy from a person who's never even seen one

Shoddy example. By saying "never seen one" in your analogy implies that we've never seen a long term relationship :P

I also disagree that advice that comes from people who have never personally experienced makes that advice crap. A lot of what people learn is by observing and watching other people, noticing their quirks, listening to how they do what they do. From that, you gain advice to pass on to other people

Legal advice though, well that's something different entirely. You're no longer dealing with humans. You're dealing with lawyers! Therefore human advice is useless because human

"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the longest term relationship i ever had was 100% sexual in nature. it went on about 4 years with ons and ofs now and again. i can still get in her pants if i happen to be in the same state at the time (last i heard shes in texas and im not going to texas). its when i try to do things the 'normal' way that i fail. when i date and fall in love, the girl isnt interested/gets raped/strings me along/is moving/is in another state/is crazy/is a nazi/is a bible thumper/is a druggie/doesnt like cats. something always goes wrong. so i stick to the formula that works for me, boning mature sex addicted fat women.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I also disagree that advice that comes from people who have never personally experienced makes that advice crap. A lot of what people learn is by observing and watching other people, noticing their quirks, listening to how they do what they do. From that, you gain advice to pass on to other people

Everyone has inherent biases when it comes to opinion.  When it comes to opinion about relationships and you want a successful one, you're better off seeking advice from people whose inherent biases stem from successful ones.

If, on the other hand, you want dysfunctional or sexual relationships only, then it appears from his own statements that Nuke is your guy :p
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline deathfun

Totally. He's got that **** down pat!

But you can at least agree that the advice is here has quite the range of opinions! From cynical to lighthearted to get ****ed by hookers
Asking only successful people about relationships doesn't give you a good devil's advocate. They're too happy. I hate it.

Advice isn't always the person giving its opinion though. I don't believe in happy endings, but that doesn't stop me from saying that you're going to make it if you believe in whatever and work through it with your partner and then give a relevant example. It's advice, but not one that comes from my own bias. That was my point at any rate in the half serious half joking method of delivering it
"No"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Did I mention I started my prison job this week?

Oh yes.....  I can has need buy gunmetal aviators.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
My new 500w 5.1 system has arrived.  I've finally got rocksmith to stop being retarded about my x-fi sound card.  Time to piss off my neighbors.

Except I might need longer wires for the rear speakers.  And I can't just wall mount them with a nail, which I find to be a pretty glaring and stupid design flaw.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline deathfun

Red Green it
(Duct tape if you didn't get the reference)
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my stereo system is two 1970s full range speakers and a chinese made class d stereo amplifier, no frills. it has 3 knobs and a switch (i love knobs). which is all a good amp needs. i can double it up if i want to go quadrophonic. ive always hated 5.1 surround, its needlessly complicated to instal and doesn't sound to great either.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:18:52 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Moral crisis.

Read file on non registered sex offender. In short a youth (under 20) convicted of theft. Past offenses list rape of an under 16 year old.

I feel the need to disseminate this fact to those on his wing.

I just need to convince myself this is worth the risk to my employment.

Dun dun duuunnnnnnnnnnn.....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png