Author Topic: Model Question  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

I have a few questions about modeling I want to ask. When you convert COBs to POFs, does it automatically convert the skins? About how big do I scale the ships? I'm making both cap ships and fighters for my upcoming campaign, so how do you do the turrets?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
POF2COB will convert the skins...BUT..you have to have them extracted and in the same directory as the pof file BEFORE you convert it into cob format. Also it appears to flip around and basically fry most of the faces. Bob knows how to fix this,..but when I read his explaination I suddenly felt like a 5yro trying to learn latin in 3 easy steps  

Scale,..not 100% I normally just play around and go by "eye"

Turrets,..go to the FRED2 VBB,...do a search on Turrets,..there is a GREAT  thread on step by step turreting in TS,...again for me I sucked at it thou   .

Basically all the info is out there.  

Hope this helped you

------------------
Warlock
DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon
Ghosts of the Past Forum
Ghosts of the Past WebSite
To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

[This message has been edited by Warlock (edited 03-22-2001).]
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
what there just resized by -20,20,-20, turuned inside out upsidown, turned around and have all of the polygon normal vectors invertes.

one TS unit =20 FS unit

cob2fs2 also rotates the model by 90,90,0

for turrets make them a subobject (glue a light to them) and name it turret01, then gule it to the hull, then use FSMM2 or an equivelent to make the object propertys and make the TGUN turret entry and don't foregt to add an entry in the subsytem section of the ship tbl entry.

I'm sure that cleared everything up for you  

look for the FSMM2 manuel thingy I made, I promise it's much easyer to understand.

------------------
Bobboau, bringing you products that work.............. in theory
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together